The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Need more pure stat boosting monster sets

Urvoth
Urvoth
✭✭✭✭✭
It's time we get some more monster sets that are just really good stat boosters instead of procs. Chudan is the only one that has a 2p bonus that just boosts stats with no proc involved, and it would be great to have some other ones that just heavily boost resources or recovery.
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1
    PvP needs more love.
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Need a mag pen monster set definitely
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ones that boost resources or recovery? Similar to Chudan? I can't wait to see a Monster set that gives MInor Toughness and another one with Major Endurance on it. /s

Redundant buffs are redundant.
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »
    Ones that boost resources or recovery? Similar to Chudan? I can't wait to see a Monster set that gives MInor Toughness and another one with Major Endurance on it. /s

Why a buff and not just X amount of a stat?
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Urvoth wrote: »

Because this is how Chudan works? It gives 100% uptime on Major Resolve and Ward. Not a big stat bonus.
    Edited by Royaji on November 13, 2018 7:04PM
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly I think a helmet set that gives minor regens to you and 3 allies around you would be awesome.
    PvP needs more love.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because this is how Chudan works? It gives 100% uptime on Major Resolve and Ward. Not a big stat bonus.

I agree. Chudan is not a good set and certainly not a good set to use as an example of stat boost. On my tank I would never use it. The buffs are to easy to get otherwise.

Probably the best stat monster sets are Kena and Balrog. I would prob take Balrog over Kena.
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No I’m saying the new sets should give straight stats, no major or minor buffs. I didn’t say they should be like chudan, just that chudan is the only straight stat buff monster set.
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    idk wrote: »

I agree. Chudan is not a good set and certainly not a good set to use as an example of stat boost. On my tank I would never use it. The buffs are to easy to get otherwise.

Probably the best stat monster sets are Kena and Balrog. I would prob take Balrog over Kena.

Chudan is not that bad, on a pvp magsorc it's perfect if you want to free a bar slot = remove boundless storm ( since the 3rd bar is gone, we really need that)
    Edited by Apherius on November 13, 2018 8:42PM
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No I’m saying the new sets should give straight stats, no major or minor buffs. I didn’t say they should be like chudan, just that chudan is the only straight stat buff monster set.

Chudan is not a straight stat buff set. Technically it's two-piece does not give any stats. Just a standard major buff with a 100% uptime. If you really want a big stat bonus you can use sets like Agility or Willpower. It is a real waste to add a monster set with something like 1) adds 1096 stamina 2) adds 2500 stamina. That's just boring to the max and we already have similar sets. Two mismatched monster sets is also an option
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Chudan is not a straight stat buff set. Technically it's two-piece does not give any stats. Just a standard major buff with a 100% uptime. If you really want a big stat bonus you can use sets like Agility or Willpower. It is a real waste to add a monster set with something like 1) adds 1096 stamina 2) adds 2500 stamina. That's just boring to the max and we already have similar sets. Two mismatched monster sets is also an option

It gives health and yeah technically the resistances aren't a straight stat, but the buffs are stat buffs. How is extra stats a waste? We already have a ton of proc sets, so a large 2p stat bonus would be nice imo.
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We need more raw stat sets in general. Stuff like Amberplasm, Bone Pirate (arguably conditional), Shacklebreaker are all really useful sets that result in very interesting builds.

Not the current deluge of more and more proc sets every major update.
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • Zelos
    Zelos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MORE TROLL KING LIKE SETS PLEASE or a purge monster set:)
    Aeonhack - AD Stamina Nightblade - 5 Star General

CP1200

Creator and user of "Questionable" addons and game mechanics.
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zelos wrote: »
    a purge monster set:)

There is enough zerg in cyrodiil, no need to buff them more.

• p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Slimecraw is a straight buff set too. Also, I agree with this. More stat increase/buff sets please.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero