The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

possible nifty self-fix for crafting tables

silvermistktralasub17_ESO
I haven't played with triggers/animations in EHT yet, so I would like someone's opinion on how well it might work. Though it would require additional usable items in housing slots, what would happen if you took groups of maybe 12-16 crafting tables, and programmed in a shift in position that would end up with them in accessible position through an animation, tied to activating a lever/other activatable associated with that group. I'd do it in small groups, rather than all tables, due both to time and not wanting to mess anything else up. But say all tables in a specific row, when you activate a crystal or lever, it moves them up and then in place as a response to the trigger. Is that possible? Would it work reasonably to let players fix their guild hall tables quickly themselves?

@Alassirana
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @silvermistktralasub17_ESO Heya Silver,

Just a heads up, if you have Essential Housing Tools enabled, then any time you zone into a house that you own, it will automatically repair all of the crafting stations (by moving them up, and then back down, 1 centimeter) as long as you have the setting shown below turned On (which it is On by default).

As for guild members, you can totally create a Trigger that would be activated by anyone entering a certain location (like the front entrance, for example) that would then play a 2 frame Scene that does the same thing -- moves all stations up and back down again by just a hair to fix them. But, Essential Housing Tools can only work when you are in the house, so you would have to be there for the trigger to run (or have some account that sits there idle all day running EHT, I suppose).

5d226tc1biei.png
  • silvermistktralasub17_ESO
    mostly what I was wondering was whether the trigger could be activated by someone else, which is why I was considering a lever. But if it can't that's no big deal...otherwise, well, I or one of my other decorators, can fix things easily.

@Alassirana
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, so the triggers that can be activated by anyone else are:

Toggled items
    Saying a phrase
    Guest arrives
    Guest departs