The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

In-game sound extremely low after patch

Sassilutt
Sassilutt
Soul Shriven
Greetings!

Since the latest patch I've had problems with my in-game sounds. I've made sure all the sound settings in-game are at 100%, and I've made sure that ESO is at 100% sound in my computer sound settings. Yet the game is playing at such a lower volume compared to everything else on my computer. It's fine when I use my headset, but not with my speakers anymore.

I've tried to repair the game, checked up on the volume mixer while the game is running (it's at max like it should), deactivated and activated my speakers... Googling on the topic and looking around the forum suggested these solutions but they haven't worked out for me sadly.

Has anyone else had this problem and how did you solve it?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    One more troubleshooting step to help with your low volume is refreshing your audio drivers.

Refresh Audio Drivers:
    • Click the Start Globe and then right click on Computer and select Manage.
    • Select Device Manager from the System Tools section.
    • Open the Sound, Video and Game Controllers section and choose your sound device from the list.
    • Double click to open the Properties Menu" and then select the Drivers tab
    • From here you can roll back your drivers to a previous version to see if this will help.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Sassilutt
    Sassilutt
    Soul Shriven
    Hi BillE!

Thank you for this, but it didn't work sadly. I have no idea what happened to my game, but low sound isn't gonna stop me from playing it so I'll just use my headset in the meanwhile haha. Thanks again!