The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can't Load Game After Login

Banegrivm
Banegrivm
✭✭
The title says it all. I can't load to my characters after putting in my login info in and hitting enter. I play on the NA server and just to test it out, I tried logging into the EU server and I couldn't get to the character screen there either. All that happens is it gets to the load screen, sits there, the ESO symbol spins, and then it goes back to the login screen for me. It worked yesterday before the patch. This morning when I tried patch the game I got the message that the ESO client was in use by something else trying to use the resources of the client. I went and restarted the PC. The patch went through fine. I even ran the repair took just to be safe. Now this is happening ever since. I'm both frustrated and really disappointed. I would love help.
Banegrivm Shadowblight
Sovereign Lord of the 1st Fist of Light
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Banegrivm

You've mentioned at one point getting the message that the ESO client was in use by something else. Try checking your anti-virus settings and make sure exceptions are setup for ESO. In addition you should also fully remove your add-ons as described below:
    1. Exit the game
    2. Navigate to C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live in windows explorer
    3. Rename Addons to Addons.old
    4. Rename SavedVariables to SavedVariables.old
    5. Check in-game to see if the if the issues persist.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post