Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can't log into NA game server after Maintenance patch update, but can get onto EU just fine.

Jay_eL_A
Jay_eL_A
Soul Shriven
I've been trying for over 2 hours to log into the NA server, after downloading latest patch, with no luck. I can log into the EU account with no problem. I did all the suggestions, from your support site, even ran the Game Client, which came up perfect, no errors detected. Buy why can't I still log on to the NA server, where all my main toons reside? I wanted to do more Witches events before it ends, & I have designated time allowed. Please help. I just keep getting - Login Failed - message.
  • nordic_two
    I was having the same issue. I was able to login fine this morning after the patch but a few hours later I couldnt. I tried two things: deleted all the numbered host.developer files in the launcher folder and rebooted my PC. One of the two worked as right after that I was able to login again.
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL And here I'm having just the opposite I can't stay logged into EU so I'm feeding my horses on NA first today.
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
  • Aztlan
    Aztlan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't log in, either. What gives?
  • Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here. Was in Cyrodiil, everything froze my char kept running like Flash, game crashed and now client can't retrieve anouncements for EU and I get Error 201. Can log in NA server though.
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by SteveCampsOut on October 29, 2018 10:19PM
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
  • Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Problem Solved after restarting my pc (though I don't know if the restart wase the solution). Will read the thread for sure though just so I can understand what causes this issue
  • Jay_eL_A
    Jay_eL_A
    Soul Shriven
    I tried your suggestions, especially nordic_two, but still am having no luck getting logged into the NA server. I got a generic customer service reply from a support ticket, I filled out earlier today too. It only suggested I make certain about the ports, firewall exceptions, etc. - I've been playing ESO for years, so yes, I already know all of those & have done them. And... rechecked it all, before continuing on with a support request. I'm getting more frustrated too, as each hour goes by without being able to log in. Guess I can kiss goodbye my chances of getting this event's feather for the future mount too. Now, I'm worried about how long this is going to take to fix & if it will disrupt my Daily Crown Log-in rewards. Wonder why this patch was so necessary to download & apply, right before the Witches Festival ended?

• Jay_eL_A
    Jay_eL_A
    Soul Shriven
    Still can't log into the NA Server. Anyone else?
  • MakoRuu
    MakoRuu
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been unable to login since the 29th after the maintenance update. It was a small update of about 70 mbs.

I was playing just the day before. But, I am also able to get into the EU Server, just not NA.

And I've tried every single fix they suggest and more. I am playing from steam, not the actual website launcher.

-
    Renaming Program data folder to ProgramDataBackup

Deleting all my developer.host files and resetting PC

Resetting my Router

Flushing my DNS

Forwarding Ports for ESO

Repairing the client from the launcher
    -

Nothing works.
    Edited by MakoRuu on October 31, 2018 7:18AM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Restart PC
    2. Run repair
    3. Open tech ticket.

It seems to sound odd to some, but restarting PC often solves issues like this when a patch was uploaded.
  • MakoRuu
    MakoRuu
    ✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    1. Restart PC
    2. Run repair
    3. Open tech ticket.

It seems to sound odd to some, but restarting PC often solves issues like this when a patch was uploaded.

I've restarted my PC about half a dozen times, and I have a ticket with ZoS. Nothing fixed it.
  • Jay_eL_A
    Jay_eL_A
    Soul Shriven
    So, here's my latest.

Error: Missing Expected Registry Key

After looking through all the added files with latest patch, I found the above message in the newest host.developer.log located in my (C:)\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\Launcher. Maybe you, other players are having this issue too.

I ran the game's repair too, but it's not correcting this error. And for some reason, I can't do a restore point either.

I don't know where to look for further information on this or not certain how to add the missing Registry Key back.

So, still can't log onto the NA server, but might have a slight idea what's keeping it from working. Hope ESO helps us out soon.
  • MakoRuu
    MakoRuu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jay_eL_A wrote: »
    So, here's my latest.

Error: Missing Expected Registry Key

After looking through all the added files with latest patch, I found the above message in the newest host.developer.log located in my (C:)\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\Launcher. Maybe you, other players are having this issue too.

I ran the game's repair too, but it's not correcting this error. And for some reason, I can't do a restore point either.

I don't know where to look for further information on this or not certain how to add the missing Registry Key back.

So, still can't log onto the NA server, but might have a slight idea what's keeping it from working. Hope ESO helps us out soon.

I filed a ticket with ZoS and tweeted ESO's support on twitter, and a woman named Sarah Hecker helped me through steam. I'm not sure if they did anything, or if it was just luck, but I was able to login today at 2:30 EST.

I hope I can continue to login from now on, and it wasn't just a fluke. Maybe get some help from their support twitter.
    https://twitter.com/bethesdasupport?lang=en
  • OneWhomWaits
    OneWhomWaits
    ✭✭✭
    I've been unable to log 9 of my toons since the 27th of October. Customer service went silent 3 days ago and just stopped even trying.

I hope you all got in.
  • gefes
    gefes
    Soul Shriven
    Edited by gefes on November 4, 2018 8:07PM
  • Jay_eL_A
    Jay_eL_A
    Soul Shriven
    I finally was able to log in to NA server, the next day, after posting info about missing expected Registry Key. Not certain what got fixed, but looked through the newest host.developer.log in the launcher folder, & saw that the error is no longer showing. ESO sent me generic replies to my support ticket, just stating to do everything I had already done before contacting them.

But now see we all have a small, new patch to download. Which worries me, after all the issues from the last patch download. I hope this one goes much smother & without incident.

Fingers crossed!