The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Again: The lag in Cyrodiil

Tbaw
Tbaw
Soul Shriven
Since enough other people mentioned broken weapon glyphs, i want to adress the horrendous lagging in cyrodiil again. To me as a regular PvP player, it is destroying the PvP almost equally if not more than the other gamebreaking things appearing and disappearing each update.
THE LAG STAYS. FOR A LONG TIME NOW.

I just wonder why it is impossible for ZOS to finally get rid of this gamebreaking stuff for SEVERAL years now.
I wonder when you will be able to play on vivec in the evening without enjoying a slideshow happening in front of you, in which rolling the face over the keyboard has the same effect as trying to actually press the keys in order to do something that made more sense.
I wonder when the time will come you don't have to log in around noon until early afternoon and after 12pm to get almost lagfree PvP content.

To me and many other PvPers it is just UNBEARABLE that each day there is a time of about 6-7h (even more on weekends) in which you basicly cannot pvp in openworld properly, because the main campaign is unplayable and the others usually dead (apart from some hours on the weekend).

What causes the lag? Of course you can blame the people who are alliancestacking on one keep every day (no name shaming but i think about a big black bird and his friends on each alliance), because even on not poplocked campaigns you can experience lags at places where many people stack.
BUT on the other hand this game's openworld PvP is DESIGNED to offer large scale fights involving plenty of people, still it is impossible to get cyrodiil to work as intended.

Maybe it helps to reduce the overall number of players on one server?
Maybe it helps to get rid of, or redesign the champion system? (never gonna happen^^)
Maybe it helps to invest in decent servers?

ZOS tried to fix the lag a few times and slightly improved the PvP experience, but i feel this patch things are worsening again.Today I've already experienced lags that made vivec pc EU unplayable at around 4:30 PM. I suspect the lag issue isn't only caused by the way the game calculates, because ZOS worked on that (at least I hope that).

I don't really know what exactly causes these massive lags, maybe you guys do?
I just kindly ask you, ZOS, to investigate and fix this issue. Me and many others are paying for this game with ESO plus etc. I think we deserve better than this, excuse me, shitshow that PvP is at the moment.
PC EU
Maining Templar since August 2014
Never gonna racechange to argonian :P
  • RainfeatherUK
    RainfeatherUK
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil is finished. They can't fix it, as most people know Paul Sage made very clear when he left.

Battlegrounds are your replacement. That, or wait for Camelot Unchained.
  • killahsin
    killahsin
    ✭✭✭
    apparently i double posted instead of editing. my bad
    Edited by killahsin on October 25, 2018 3:31PM
  • killahsin
    killahsin
    ✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil is finished. They can't fix it, as most people know Paul Sage made very clear when he left.

Battlegrounds are your replacement. That, or wait for Camelot Unchained.

Care to provide the quote from paul sage? As you are suggesting something that was one thing is another thing. It absolutely can be fixed. Zenimax just does not seem to have the political will or as we say in the engineering world the capital to fix it. In otherwords they are just being lazy.

Edited by killahsin on October 25, 2018 3:08PM
  • Galalin
    Galalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I remember correctly it would take recoding the entire base code of the game or something like that.... it will not ever be fixed... and I believe Rainfeather is correct on that quote by Paul sage. I have no idea where to find it. I'm going of memory and have no idea about coding.
  • killahsin
    killahsin
    ✭✭✭
    i love you galalin as you are a legend but Sage basically started to suggest player placement as the problem, which the community took as not being able to fix it. In reality Sage was simply saying what everyone already knew. Also while i understand it would require an entirely new backend to make it so the game could handle the streaming properly, this is a 'game' as such game theory can be used to define rulesets that make the playerbase spread out.. The problem is again ZoS does not seem to have the capital or political will to invest the time to create the ruleset or rather reward sets required to entice the population into diversifying.
    Edited by killahsin on October 25, 2018 3:28PM
  • Galalin
    Galalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    killahsin wrote: »
    i love you galalin as you are a legend but Sage basically started to suggest player placement as the problem, which the community took as not being able to fix it. In reality Sage was simply saying what everyone already knew. Also while i understand it would require an entirely new backend to make it so the game could handle the streaming properly, this is a 'game' as such game theory can be used to define rulesets that make the playerbase spread out.. The problem is again ZoS does not seem to have the capital or political will to invest the time to create the ruleset or rather reward sets required to entice the population into diversifying.

My memory is terrible I knew it was something like this and after reading your post this was exactly the issues.