The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

torug's pact set in pvp.. did we just kill pvp?

EPelite
EPelite
✭✭✭
I have decided to share what just broke pvp in order to make everyone run it until ZOS fixes it.

Been running Trougs pact medium and heavy in pvp the last few days, you can mix it with viper and skoria for max cheese glass build, or with fury or seventh legion and blood spawn or troll kings for good sustain.

I use a infused vma axe on the back bar, as the stampede rush leaves a slow and a dot on the target that proc my enchant.
Front bar I have an infused axe and a infused dagger and use rending slashes, that will proc my enchants to.

Okey watch this.

My backbar has a 5350 damage shock enchant as it proc the extra damage off balance and so on .... every 1 sec
On my front bar I slot a disease enchant for ca 4500 and major defile and a ca 2500 oblivion damage enchant as it go through all shields.... every 1 sec.

So fare I have only run in to 1 class that can handle that kind of dots and that is a Templar as they can purge it.

Every other person I have fought in pvp died to enchants and bleeds only, I didn’t even need to use other skills, just stamped in that leaves a dot, then rending slashes and step back and watch people melt no matter how many heals or shields they throw out..

This needs a major chance and fast as pvp will die in days if this goes on... so I herby call for everyone to abuse it so hard that it breaks the game to a point where ZOS will have to change it if they want their game to be playable.

Kind regards Malleus.

Hit me up In game if you have questions.
EPelite
Edited by EPelite on October 24, 2018 8:48AM
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The natural reaction to this will be running in a group or a zerg...or playing nightblade or templar to avoid it. From my own experience in a 1v1 a templar can withstand this new meta quite well, but as soon as several people are on you, it is too much. Especially in no cp the rending slash and enchant procs do ridiculous damage. I have seen several players hopping from one meta (duroks plus sloads in SS) to the next. Not it is infused torugs plus any other set. I do not have much sympathy for those players.
    Anyway we can book it as a Nb buff and as encouraging grouping up and zerg, so again a smallscaler nerf :trollface:
  • EPelite
    EPelite
    ✭✭✭
    Checkmath wrote: »
    The natural reaction to this will be running in a group or a zerg...or playing nightblade or templar to avoid it. From my own experience in a 1v1 a templar can withstand this new meta quite well, but as soon as several people are on you, it is too much. Especially in no cp the rending slash and enchant procs do ridiculous damage. I have seen several players hopping from one meta (duroks plus sloads in SS) to the next. Not it is infused torugs plus any other set. I do not have much sympathy for those players.
    Anyway we can book it as a Nb buff and as encouraging grouping up and zerg, so again a smallscaler nerf :trollface:

I 100 % agree with you, i hate to jump on this train but this is even worse then the sloads and The only Way to get a change from Zos in this game is to abuse it so hard that it threatens Their player base, this is why i Call for everyone to abuse it now and Tell the story on the forums, post you pics of death recaps and your damage from your kill counter when you kill someone with it..

It Takes no skill to play so everyone Can do it... you just hit 1-2 buttons and you win.

Kind regeres Malleus.
    Edited by EPelite on October 24, 2018 8:57AM
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well death recaps probably will not show enchants in most cases....
    But if you want to try to convince ZOS, then reach out to the famous streamers and build video makers and ask them to only showcase infused torugs builds and gameplays. Similar thing happened during Summerset and Sloads got nerfed a bit soon after.
    Edited by Checkmath on October 24, 2018 8:58AM
  • EPelite
    EPelite
    ✭✭✭
    Checkmath wrote: »
    Well death recaps probably will not show enchants in most cases....
    But if you want to try to convince ZOS, then reach out to the famous streamers and build video makers and ask them to only showcase infused torugs builds and gameplays. Similar thing happened during Summerset and Sloads got nerfed a bit soon after.

Already done. Alcast send the video out right before murkmire came out.
  • ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would be good if the changes would cause players to switch to healers, especially since vigor and troll king are so strong in small scale. The damage is high yes, but healers can handle it. MagNBs have been nerfed but are predestined healers. Sad that many magNBs prefer to reroll to stam or another class instead of becoming a dedicated healer. :/
    PC EU - DC only
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChefZero wrote: »
    It would be good if the changes would cause players to switch to healers, especially since vigor and troll king are so strong in small scale. The damage is high yes, but healers can handle it. MagNBs have been nerfed but are predestined healers. Sad that many magNBs prefer to reroll to stam or another class instead of becoming a dedicated healer. :/

Well that will not happen, since healing is a very stale and ungrateful job. Yes there are dedicated healers, who love to exactly do that. But most people do not enjoy that playstyle at all and either want to be tanky or do damage.

Also I do not see the point of forcing player into a specific role because a certain mechanic is out of order. I do not think people want to only go PvPing, when they have a pocket healer present guarding them from one enemy with rending slashes.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is my set that reduces the dmg and increases the cooldown of enchants by x%?!

So much for "we want everything to have a counter balance" design intent lol.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its not Torugs, its bleeds proccing offhand enchants that are causing the imbalance. And its not a "meta", its gamebreaking.
    Edited by Mojomonkeyman on October 24, 2018 1:51PM
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is not the set that is problem. It is the way how enchant procs are functioning now because of changes made by ZOS which most experienced players did say will be problematic. And we thought it was a glitch but no. Apparently not.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EPelite wrote: »
    Okey watch this.

My backbar has a 5350 damage shock enchant as it proc the extra damage off balance and so on .... every 1 sec
    On my front bar I slot a disease enchant for ca 4500 and major defile and a ca 2500 oblivion damage enchant as it go through all shields.... every 1 sec.

Meanwhile i'm enjoying double dual wield bars ... why stop at 3 when you can have 4 Torug Infused enchants ? :D
    Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • Nemeliom
    Nemeliom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh well. Guess I will have to go farm my master dual wield.
    I'm not a good pver because I never do pve. How long does a run through vdsa take?
    Baradur Morker - Level 50 Bosmer Nightblade
    Le-Duck - Level 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Boom-Stormer - Level 50 High Elf Sorcerer
    Nemeliom the Great - Level 50 Redguard Warden
    Crazy Little Maggie - Level 50 High Elf Templar
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nemeliom

Around an hour with a good group.
    Edited by Feanor on October 24, 2018 2:33PM
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aznox wrote: »
    Okey watch this.

Meanwhile i'm enjoying double dual wield bars ... why stop at 3 when you can have 4 Torug Infused enchants ? :D

Why are you proud of it? It's breaking the game, if not today then in 2-3 weeks when even the most disadvantaged tryhard has jumped on the train.
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okey watch this.

Why are you proud of it? It's breaking the game, if not today then in 2-3 weeks when even the most disadvantaged tryhard has jumped on the train.

I'm not proud of anything, i've just decided a long time ago to be transparent about the builds i use because i've learned not to care about others opinions.

I play this build mainly because i like the general idea (unlike Sload i never crafted) .

Now is it completely unfair to builds using 2x2H weapons and/or no weapon skill line dots ? Especially if these players can't afford to gold new sets each patch ? Of course it is.

It is ZoS problem's however, not mine. :)
    Aznox
    PC EU
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okey watch this.

I'm not proud of anything, i've just decided a long time ago to be transparent about the builds i use because i've learned not to care about others opinions.

I play this build mainly because i like the general idea (unlike Sload i never crafted) .

Now is it completely unfair to builds using 2x2H weapons and/or no weapon skill line dots ? Especially if these players can't afford to gold new sets each patch ? Of course it is.

If that "build" can produce 8k sticking pvp dps on a target for 0 cost (axe twin & blunt bleed) then we are talking a whole different level of broken. Sloads was below 1k pvp dps. It doesnt take a genius to realize its the most broken crap this game has seen. And you are riding the wave like a true hero.
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look if your goal is to get this fixed ASAP, then don't complain about me, i'm running around in game linking my stuff in chat every 5 minutes and admitting openly on forum that is unbalanced.

If all tryhards where doing the same instead of using such things secretly hoping for them to last as long as possible we wouldn't be here.

Game is the game, there's only one set of rules, and it is the same for everyone.

You should try it too and have a good laugh :

Stamsorc
    Heavy Torug
    Defiler (or any fun set you'd like, doesn't really matter)
    Troll King
    4 infused weapon with the obvious selection of enchants
    2 DW abilities on each bar
    Crit surge, Dark Deal, Overload, etc..

Range, AoE, Execute, Self-heal, Slow, Gap closer, escape, etc.. it has everything
    :)
    Edited by Aznox on October 24, 2018 3:04PM
    Aznox
    PC EU
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • JAwtunes
    JAwtunes
    ✭✭✭✭
    Okey watch this.

I wont be joining you with this but you are correct. It's for ZOS to fix this if they think its too strong (and it is too strong), and people can choose whether they want to ride the train or not.
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    About "riding the train" let me add this :

I don't care about unbalance in itself.

The game is naturally unbalanced, the vast majority of sets are trash or barely viable.

I only care about unbalance when it affects game diversity.

If 9/10 players in my "bracket" start using the same build because it is that strong, then diversity is ruined and the game becomes boring to me.

For now I believe I have yet to cross another DW/DW Torug player.

So for now, i don't care. Still i share your conclusions about the future of the game if this is not fixed.
    Aznox
    PC EU
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game has been balanced since summerset. ZOS took classes, races and skill out of the equation and the meta has smoothly transitioned from sloads to torug.

I am excited for what comes next if there is a next time :D
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Okey watch this.

I'm with you on that.. I mean the info was all there on the PTS forums already (as it should have been to bring to the Dev's attention) - so this post is nothing new..

Worse would have been for people to realise this, and keep it to themselves, gaining an advantage over everyone.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    About "riding the train" let me add this :

I don't care about unbalance in itself.

The game is naturally unbalanced, the vast majority of sets are trash or barely viable.

I only care about unbalance when it affects game diversity.

If 9/10 players in my "bracket" start using the same build because it is that strong, then diversity is ruined and the game becomes boring to me.

For now I believe I have yet to cross another DW/DW Torug player.

So for now, i don't care. Still i share your conclusions about the future of the game if this is not fixed.

I'm hearing those excuses for 4 years now, its always the same kind of player who's crutching on stuff like that. As I said, this is another level of imbalance, you are basically making the game unplayable and unenjoyable for anyone you meet in BGs because a single light attack of yours will apply 6-8k dps on your target for 6 seconds. A single light attack. Guaranteed 100% uptime with rending (1.2k stam cost?).

Just for comparisons sake, again: Sloads was conisdered highly imbalanced, yet it was not even 1k dps on the target.

You can keep on telling stories all you want, you are actively contributing in breaking the little balance & integrity this game has. I have two fully developed stamsorcs, was once known to be one of the best on PC EU - yet I have enough respect for my fellow players (and myself) to not fall so low to use something that is breaking the game to such a degree.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Mojomonkeyman

I agree. Yet I think the more players run this the more complaints - and we know that ZOS only does something when stuff hits the fan. Word in the German Discord community is that ZOS was and is fully aware but decided to tackle this in the next major update, if anytime. And besides, you’re quite the beast on your magWarden anyway. ;)
    Edited by Feanor on October 24, 2018 3:46PM
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So what you're saying is I should take this into BGs as a werewolf with torug/shackle/engine guardian or troll king and front bar disease and oblivion enchants?

Kthx!
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stamsorc
    Heavy Torug
    Defiler (or any fun set you'd like, doesn't really matter)
    Troll King
    4 infused weapon with the obvious selection of enchants
    2 DW abilities on each bar
    Crit surge, Dark Deal, Overload, etc..

Range, AoE, Execute, Self-heal, Slow, Gap closer, escape, etc.. it has everything
    :)

zdTgBDv.gif
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yet I have enough respect for my fellow players (and myself) to not fall so low to use something that is breaking the game to such a degree.

I used to think like this, but the excuse of unfair/OP/crutch was thrown at me so much after fights/duels, whatever build i was using at the time, that i stopped caring, sorry.

People need to understand that if 10 sets are equally "OP", they are not "OP", just Tier 1.

The build i posted above does feel unbalanced because it is above everything else.
    Edited by Aznox on October 24, 2018 3:55PM
    Aznox
    PC EU
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    @Mojomonkeyman

I agree. Yet I think the more players run this the more complaints - and we know that ZOS only does something when stuff hits the fan. Word in the German Discord community is that ZOS was and is fully aware but decided to tackle this in the next major update, if anytime. And besides, you’re quite the beast on your magWarden anyway. ;)

Thanks for the kind words. This needs quick fixing, its literally 3-8x worse than Sloads ever was (depending on the build). Just equipping DW infused (non-torug, non-master, non-swamp raider, non morag-tong) will outperform Sloads by miles. If you mix in any of the aforemention sets it gets totally bananas.
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    So what you're saying is I should take this into BGs as a werewolf with torug/shackle/engine guardian or troll king and front bar disease and oblivion enchants?

Kthx!

The build i posted above does have werewolf on the bar with Torug Infused Berserker and Oblivion glyphs.

However, unless you need a tiny bit more damage to overcome a tanky opponent in 1v1, using Werewolf is making you weaker overall ..
    Aznox
    PC EU
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • glavius
    glavius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    @Nemeliom

Around an hour with a good group.

Or 50 hours if you're unlucky. Been there done that.
  • glavius
    glavius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by glavius on October 24, 2018 4:21PM
  • Jaxaxo
    Jaxaxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fun fact. Sustain enchants on infused torug dual wield(backbar for example) are equivalent to 1,2k of mag AND stam recovery. Comparing this, lich is crappy af .
    Edited by Jaxaxo on October 24, 2018 4:22PM
    Forum War - pro AC side

EU PC Azura Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan/Ravenwatch
    Triggered Tryhards / Aetherius Art / LND / DC-PD

DC - Frostitute magden
    AD - Pees-under-Trees magden
    DC - Lemme Dark Deal stamsorc
    EP - Lemme Dark Déal stamsorc
    Youtube