The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

another nerf to sorcs

Mihael
Mihael
✭✭✭✭
https://imgur.com/a/v0mbd4r
hidden nerf to sorcs with the weapon enchant change
Edited by Mihael on October 23, 2018 3:26PM
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It affects everyone equally. But, guess somebody cant get enough of whining.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guessing Torug infused Oblivion glyph?

You seem to have fought for a while, just one opponent?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    yeah just one guy was doing so much damage to me which is sad because ive fought him before and it was a much easier kill
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »

well if you played sorc you would know that oblivion damage affects sorcs worse because they depend on shields and not heals like other classes
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A sorc has such low healing.

No heal on healing ward

Even rapid won't compare to the Oblivion damage.

Not really sure what counters you even have access to

Purge won't touch infused Oblivion...

I dunno wtf you're supposed to do in this situation other than run or die
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • THE_BIG_BOSS
    THE_BIG_BOSS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Run or die
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think its great that they took the servers down yesterday because ESO+ wasn't working because if they dont do anything about this until next patch it will really show where zos dev team priorities are. not that we dont already know lol $$$
  • raistin87
    raistin87
    ✭✭✭
    Run or and die

Fixed it for you
    Edited by raistin87 on October 23, 2018 3:45PM
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mihael wrote: »

well if you played sorc you would know that oblivion damage affects sorcs worse because they depend on shields and not heals like other classes

Given that oblivion damage can't crit, it is better to infused disease enchant, now that Shields can be crit.
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Obli

Given that oblivion damage can't crit, it is better to infused disease enchant, now that Shields can be crit.

Oblivion damage goes through shields and is unmitigated by resistance why waste time critting shields when you can just ignore them
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obli

Oblivion damage goes through shields and is unmitigated by resistance why waste time critting shields when you can just ignore them

Bursting shields down is easier than wait for enchantment procs imo.
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Obli

Bursting shields down is easier than wait for enchantment procs imo.

thats the thing with the changes to enchants and how it works with torugs pact you dont have to wait anymore lol
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    are you reffering to sorcerers shields? because, i dont know about PvE, but, right now in PvP im seeing sorcerers beating the crap out of people in the campaign im in on Live in Vivec Campaign.
    sorcerers are dominating and show zero signs of weakness like what you describe.
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    are you reffering to sorcerers shields? because, i dont know about PvE, but, right now in PvP im seeing sorcerers beating the crap out of people in the campaign im in on Live in Vivec Campaign.
    sorcerers are dominating and show zero signs of weakness like what you describe.

No I’m referring to weapon enchants being broken.

Lol post like this is what got us to this place lol
    Edited by Mihael on October 23, 2018 4:19PM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

you and others have admitted that zenimax does not listen to the community so that itself is proof that my comment did not get you here.
    it wasnt the post that got you here it was developers decisions that got you here and exploits.
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah

you and others have admitted that zenimax does not listen to the community so that itself is proof that my comment did not get you here.
    it wasnt the post that got you here it was developers decisions that got you here and exploits.

Yeah I feel like 99% was the developers incompetence to do a job they get paid to do
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah

Yeah I feel like 99% was the developers incompetence to do a job they get paid to do

is foolishness to give all the credit of destroying a class to one persons comments.
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah

is foolishness to give all the credit of destroying a class to one persons comments.

I said commentS like this because there are many people who see 1 person doing well on sorc or they see a couple sorcs in a ball group doing good damage and then they automatically assume that sorcs are really strong and overperforming which is the mentality that got shields nerfed, but lets move on because this thread is mainly about the impact that weapon enchants have on sorc not about shields or comments
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Maybe those sorcs are just good players. You yourself admitted (in regards to Sload's), that you're a bad player and want to destroy any skill gap in this game so any noob can effortlessly faceroll seasoned PvPers. You called that "fun for everyone".

So, I don't think your perception of Cyrodiil is very insightful here. And let's face, you simply have an unlimited hatred against sorcs. If ZOS removed shields completely and there would be three sorcs in total left on your server and they would get a kill, you would come here and complain about Implosion or something. You'll never stop.
  • Ender1310
    Ender1310
    ✭✭✭✭

Sorcs are back actually. Shields are sturdier than ever the burst is better than it was
  • Ender1310
    Ender1310
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »

Maybe those sorcs are just good players. You yourself admitted (in regards to Sload's), that you're a bad player and want to destroy any skill gap in this game so any noob can effortlessly faceroll seasoned PvPers. You called that "fun for everyone".

So, I don't think your perception of Cyrodiil is very insightful here. And let's face, you simply have an unlimited hatred against sorcs. If ZOS removed shields completely and there would be three sorcs in total left on your server and they would get a kill, you would come here and complain about Implosion or something. You'll never stop.

Dude why discredit testimony? I'm seeing same thing. Sorcs are stomping fools right now. Maybe they are good players. Before patch I was mowing sorcs down. Post patch I can't scratch them. Stop being so scared of nerfs that you jump on everyone's opinion. More people will have the same opinion sorcs are back
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ender1310 wrote: »

Sorcs are back actually. Shields are sturdier than ever the burst is better than it was

well said, if ofcourse your reffering to PvP, then i agree completely.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Dude why discredit testimony? I'm seeing same thing. Sorcs are stomping fools right now. Maybe they are good players. Before patch I was mowing sorcs down. Post patch I can't scratch them. Stop being so scared of nerfs that you jump on everyone's opinion. More people will have the same opinion sorcs are back

Suuure...
    How are shields stronger? Don't you run penetration or have crit damage?
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Suuure...
    How are shields stronger? Don't you run penetration or have crit damage?

in PvE the shields are absolutely weaker and dont protect as much.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah just one guy was doing so much damage to me which is sad because ive fought him before and it was a much easier kill

just to be clear ...
    this thread and your comment is basicly saying that:

" you are angry, because where previously you were able to kill that guy easily, now, this patch, he was doing more damage to you, and he still died, but it was harder to kill him because he had the ability to do more damage to you by means of his armor or his enchantments, or both, and that should some how not be allowed because it made the fight harder even though you still killed him, and somehow this should not be allowed? "

now, in no way am i trying to be insulting to you or your comment, i just want to make sure i understand correctly what you are reffering to in this thread and comments.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only inexperienced subpar players think that because a player does well with a class against an undetermined amount/skilled opponents represents the class as a whole.

I can beat most players while only wearing one set, does that make wearing two sets OP? No, it means absolutely nothing and is evidence of nothing
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭

just to be clear ...
    this thread and your comment is basicly saying that:

" you are angry, because where previously you were able to kill that guy easily, now, this patch, he was doing more damage to you, and he still died, but it was harder to kill him because he had the ability to do more damage to you by means of his armor or his enchantments, or both, and that should some how not be allowed because it made the fight harder even though you still killed him, and somehow this should not be allowed? "

now, in no way am i trying to be insulting to you or your comment, i just want to make sure i understand correctly what you are reffering to in this thread and comments.
    I’m referring to the fact that before this patch I was able to kill him because I had more skill then him, however now he is using a game mechanic that is broken and should be fixed so I am unable to kill him no matter how much better I may be at the game.

The argument isn’t that someone is not allowed to do more damage by changing their build the argument is that someone should not be able to do so much damage through a broken mechanic that requires no skill
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    we have seen countless videos in the past 5 years on this forum, from people using exploits and incorrectly functioning game mechanics (like the shield bash exploit years ago near launch) where people whom used those types of exploits and such things claimed that this made them a skilled player, and if anyone dared say that those things were cheating and an exploit then that made it a fact that it meant that player was a "bad player" and simply did not know how to play thier class in eso.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so, basicly my question here, that i apologize i did not ask earlier, but i wanted to lay a foundation with, (which i have now done so in the previous comments) was simply this.

who should be the one to determine the following:

who is a good player ?
    who is a bad player ?
    what is an actual exploit with a class or skill ?

Edited by Gilvoth on October 23, 2018 6:10PM
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

well said, if ofcourse your reffering to PvP, then i agree completely.

Can you explain how / why? What's the data / facts behind that?
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP