The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Indecisive small house buyer in need of help choosing

Itacira
Itacira
✭✭✭✭✭
Indecisive small house buyer in need of help choosing.

1 - Humblemud : super cute, has an outside area for cheap :) - starter zone I've outgrown, a bit far from the closest teleporter :(

2 - Cyrodilic Jungle House : big, big garden, free teleport to Malabal Tor :) - not as fond of the architecture :(

3 - Twin Arches : sand (!!!), high enough roof to maybe make an attic, free teleport to Bangkorai :) - 75% more expensive than Humblemud :(

4 - You have an opinion and it's neither

Please discuss, so that I may do just the opposite of what everyone advises (you know how it is : "blue tie or black tie?" "black tie." "hmmm, but the blue one goes with my eyes, I think I'll wear the blue." "...")
PC/EU - PVE 2H stam orc petsorc (meta, what meta?) ww - terrible dps - mediocre player - fun times - free ww bites to whomever asks so don't be shy if interested

Indecisive small house buyer in need of help choosing 57 votes

Humblemud
22%
IcyDeadPeopleArcirisnewtinmplsAsh_In_My_SujammaHetairaJounin13Deep_01ButterbeanskadochkaXylonaHappyLittleTreeWildRaptorXjamgrs 13 votes
Cyrodilic Jungle House
42%
calitrumanb14_ESOmilkboxSporvanixieLivvyNovaMarxperditionerFalhaelPomsLadyNalcaryaShadow_AkulaSpearpointYamiKurukuRhoandeRobotSparklesSticky_PawsPeacatcherJaimehWildberryjackRedRook 24 votes
Twin Arches
19%
MoiraHarkenstoneAjaxandrielSylvisLyndeaKaiDynastyDonarighastleyNoTimeToWaitDosuulAzriael2Strike_Maximus 11 votes
You have an OPINION
15%
StreegaKatahdinshadowwraith666ValkyriesWolfLordLomaxp00txAlexsaeWatchdogspartaxoxo 9 votes
  • Jounin13
    Jounin13
    ✭✭✭
    Humblemud
    I'm not 100% sure I'll have to ask my guildies but I think the roof in Twin Arches isn't accessible for the players.
  • Gundug
    Gundug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like both the Cyrodilic Jungle House and Twin Arches. Personally, Humblemud is not my style, but it might appeal to others. They are all a pretty decent value for the cost. You might also consider Autumn’s Gate in the Rift. It has a nice outer courtyard with a pleasant cozy interior.
  • Jounin13
    Jounin13
    ✭✭✭
    Humblemud
    I would recommend the Humblemud for now if you like the argonian theme since it's good for the budget and there are supposedly 75 new patterns in Murkmire
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodilic Jungle House
    I think they are all nice choices; Cyrodilic Jungle House is good value, the wayshrine is just outside, and there are guild traders and merchants close by. Twin Arches is also convenient for shrine travel, and I like it because I think traveling to South Bangkorai is cut off unless you do a quest at the garrison, so nice for alt characters. Humblemud is next to all the crafting stations, so nice if you are not planning to get them as furnishings. I think it comes down to why you want the house (convenient port; storage; decorating project; dummy training; all of these), and personal preference regarding style. If for example you like Twin Arches a lot more than Humblemud, then get that instead despite the price discrepancy, because presumably you will spend time in your house, so it's better to be happy with the aesthetics of it. I voted for the Jungle house because I think it's a very good starting home, but whatever you choose, make sure you like the architecture and generally being in that instance. And of course, you can always get more houses later :smile:
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have an OPINION
    Why not go for Kragenhome, since you can never go wrong with a house in such as beautiful zone?
    https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/kragenhome/

Otherwise, this one would choose the Moonmirth House, naturally, because, you know, it is a Khajiit house, yes?
    https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/moonmirth-house/

Edit: Meh. This one made a mistake, Kragenhome is not in Vvardenfell. Good thing is you don't need Morrowind and Stonefalls is still a beautiful zone anyway.
    Edited by Watchdog on October 22, 2018 9:15PM
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have an OPINION
    Autumns gate
    Sleek Creek
    Edited by Katahdin on October 22, 2018 9:12PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Watchdog alas, those two did not make the cut because they don't have a garden :(

PC/EU - PVE 2H stam orc petsorc (meta, what meta?) ww - terrible dps - mediocre player - fun times - free ww bites to whomever asks so don't be shy if interested
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Humblemud is right next to the crafting/merchant area, and Bal Foyen is a great mat farming zone.

I put a jewelry station in my Humblemud so I can decon jewelry in Bal Foyen and so thats my main inventory management stop now.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Humblemud
    Humblemud has always been my favorite house. Nice yard that you can do some weird things with, and you can make ramps and such to climb onto the roof which is nifty.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Humblemud
    Humblemud for sure, you can do miracles with some mushroom, netch shield platform and some planks and platforms on top of the house. Also it's more of a sandbox house than the other two.
  • jamgrs
    jamgrs
    ✭✭
    Humblemud
    My friend's primary residence is Humblemud. The house is small, so it's easy to make it look cosy. The outside area is nice, with enough place for some creativity. My friend used it to make a small garden and a Sithis shrine. There aren't a lot of furnishing slots in Humblemud, but, to be honest, you don't need a lot of them. The house is small, but not too dark or menacing to make you claustraphobic (Orc architecture, ugh). Crafting stations and merchants are just outside of the house. Wayshrine is a bit far. Humblemud doesn't immediately give you the impression of living in a settlement (as Ravenhurst does). But it's cheap, not too difficult to decorate and overall very atmospheric.
    Cyrodilic Jungle House is... ok, I guess. I'm not a fan of Imperial architecture, either. It has a small interior and a big garden, though, and if you're more interested in the outside area, it's definetely not a bad choice. You can do quite a lot of things outdoors.
    Twin Arches is cool, the opposite of Cyrodilic Jungle House - there outdoor area is smaller than indoor area, although the difference isn't dramatic. I like that the house is in the warm area - it's almost always grey and rainy where I'm from. The inside of the house looks welcoming, and won't be a nuisance to decorate. But, sadly, you won't be able to build upon the roof.
    Someone before me mentioned Autumn's Gate. I own this house, and it is a nice house, indeed. I, however, found even 200 slots with ESO+ subscribtion a bit limiting. This house has a fireplace, though, and the weather outdoors is very nice. Wayshrine is a bit too far away, but Nimalten is close by, just across the river.
    Edited by jamgrs on October 22, 2018 9:29PM
    Edited by jamgrs because of typos
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You have an OPINION
    If you're willing to spend just a little bit more, I'd recommend Mistveil Manor. I know it's not one of the small ones, and if I absolutely had to choose from one of the ones you listed, I'd choose the Jungle House due to its proximity to a town. That is always a selling point for me.

As for the Manor, it's right outside of Riften, which has a wayshrine, bank, crafting area, daily writ crafting pick-up, Mage's/Fighter's Guild halls, and some decent guild stores all literally right across the road. It has a sizeable outdoor area, a large, but warm and cozy 2-story wood interior, a large front porch and upper deck, and a rather large barn that you can build a second floor loft in with a little bit of creativity. It's in a pretty area as well, in perpetual Autumn and with a backdrop of towering snowy mountains.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Humblemud
    Tip: you can build an upstairs in hunblemud
  • Rhoande
    Rhoande
    ✭✭
    Cyrodilic Jungle House
    I've seen people do really cool add-ons to the Cyrodill Jungle House. It's just a nice house overall, IMO. Humblemud is good if you like the aesthetic and I think it has a tiny bit of water? I could be mistaken.

I do think that the Twin Arches has the most useable space, but it's kind of limited by the furnishing options for outside due to being all.. Desert. But, you could still pull off some cool things.

If it were me, I'd choose between Cyro and Humblemud, probably.

I think the OP probably didn't want the Kragenhome due to the lack of yard. Though honestly, if you do go the no yard route.. you can build a loft in Margeaux too. :)
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have an OPINION
    I would do the Halloween House while it is up, because it has a lot of slots for such a small area. It is very customizable.
  • Sticky_Paws
    Sticky_Paws
    ✭✭✭
    Cyrodilic Jungle House
    I've seen some amazing things with the little cyrodillic jungle home. You can add an interior loft, you can hide and change the appearance of the outside with rocks, trees and building materials. You can add water with the waterfall or fountains. The humblemud is tiny and has a very uneven floor. The yard is cute but it rains ash. Twin arches has an invisible wall preventing rooftop building- bleck.

Audio wise at least the cyrodillic jungle has bird and wildlife audio. The others not so much.
    But to each their own.
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can do a lot with Autumns Gate
    https://youtu.be/RepwuahidtI
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jungle House has always been my main. I can get around quickly to stations and use the wayshrine just outside
    https://youtu.be/CobWTDBmC_w
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • ValkyriesWolf
    ValkyriesWolf
    ✭✭✭
    You have an OPINION
    Personally, I like Humblemud a lot. Price/space relation is pretty good I think, considering it has a garden and is the cheapest of the small homes.
    But, I also like Autumn Gate: It's more expensive than Humblemud, but got bigger interior and bigger garden and you can build quite high up in the garden, so you can at least build platforms in the garden.
    But then again, perhaps you would also like Black Vine Villa, also another favourite of mine of the small houses. It is pretty small, yes, but I like the exterior style and also the small cosy inside.
    Metal forever \m/
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Humblemud
    what faction is your main crafter?

Snugpod is right next to Rollis Hlaalu (master writs turn in spot) for AD, Flaming Nix for EP and Gardner House next to DC turn in.

Edited by IcyDeadPeople on October 23, 2018 8:08AM
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what faction is your main crafter?

My main everything is DC :)
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Black Vine Villa also has a decent sized walled Garden.
    The inside isn't huge, but maybe the architecture is more to your liking. (Altmer)
    Inside it is very light, and you could easily make a cosy living and sleeping area.

Autumns gate is also quite pretty - can't remember if it has a garden though....

Three other suggestions;.
    Snugpod - Whilst it has no garden, the Bosmer theme allows you to add plants + flowers inside, without it looking crazy :)
    And, it's also right within the main Dominion City of Elden Root.
    It's tall enough that you can build a 2nd floor inside, to make more use of the vertical space that would be otherwise wasted.

2nd Alternative, save a little more and opt for a medium house.
    I found the medium houses are quite easy to furnish and often look much fuller than the others.
    I think all mediums have plentiful outside space.
    Imo, Ravenhurst is particularly nice, albeit a little out in the countryside (though you do have a Wayshrine just outside.)

Start off smaller: Sisters of the Sands Apartment is only 12k
    And it's almost as big as some of the 'small' houses. No Garden ofc, but it's positioning is great :)
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @dtsharples

Thanks for the insight ! I already have all the apartments but I don't like being stuck inside. Guess I'll preview the medium houses too but I was trying to buy under 100K :( I hoard in-game the money I don't have IRL :#
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which server are you on traveller? You are most welcome to come look at my Twin Arches Tavern.

This one recalls though that there is an invisible wall that means you cannot build on the roof.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SantieClaws I'm PC/EU (which should now show up in my signature if I didn't mess up). You?
    Edited by Itacira on October 23, 2018 11:36AM
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah yes also PC EU.

If you have Port to Friends House - the greatest housing addon - then choose @wenxue222 and the Twin Arches. If you do not have it you should know it allows you to port to any house that has open permissions - even if not the primary residence.

Otherwise this one will be around later this evening and can be there if you wish to port to her.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

• LordLomax
    LordLomax
    ✭✭✭✭
    You have an OPINION
    I say you should get autums gate , it has a nice outside area and pretty big inside and near ish to a wayshrine
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LordLomax wrote: »
    I say you should get autums gate , it has a nice outside area and pretty big inside and near ish to a wayshrine

This one also has Autumn's Gate and runs it as a little theatre yes.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

• ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Twin Arches
    I like Twin Arches because I like the Redguard furniture, and it looks right in that place. There's enough outside space, without it using up all your furnishing slots.

That said, my main home is now Sleek Creek, furnished all Khajiit.
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UPDATE : in the end, I got Humblemud : it's cheap, small, can be built vertically; seemed like a good starter point.

Now, I'm looking for advice in building a wooden spiral staircase, if anyone has some to give :)