Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Post where you've received a Murkmire Furnishing Plan or Furnishing!

• Torgauros
    Torgauros
    Carbonised wrote: »
    ZOS must really dislike the housing community. Every DLC they find some way to royally p*ss us off with some BS. Summerset had the Culanda requirement, CWC had atrocious droprates, and now the same repeats with Murkmire.

On the entire PC-EU megaserver, there's usually about 3-4 Murk recipes for sale at Craglorn. For the "generous" price of 100k for a green, 200-400k for a blue, and 800k-1M for a purple.
    You do the math and calculate how many millions it will require to obtain all the Murk recipes ...

I've looted all 3 towns extensively, and gotten a grand total of 0 recipes. There are far too few containers, many of the containers at a given time are "opened" already, and therefore unlootable. And when you actually can loot, you get 90 % trash, and 10 % recipes, 100 % of these are base game recipes.

Good job ZOS, once again you've offered us this BS that locks pretty much everyone out of the furniture crafting. These Murk recipes better damn well drop in the Undaunted dungeon event that's coming next, like the CWC dropped from the same event a year ago. If not, I'll not give a damn about these recipes and pretend they don't exist. No way I'm going to spend the millions for these recipes that people demand for them.

People are farming recipes when others sit and enjoy the game in batleground,trials or dungeons. So respect their time. Prices are made by player that farm not ZOS. If you dont like it go farm too. Better respect that there are some people that want to open containers 10 hour/day to get some plans. You can farm 1 mil/day easy just by gathering resources so I do not see problem.
    Edited by Torgauros on October 28, 2018 1:49AM
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DukezNukez wrote: »
    ZOS must really dislike the housing community. Every DLC they find some way to royally p*ss us off with some BS. Summerset had the Culanda requirement, CWC had atrocious droprates, and now the same repeats with Murkmire.

On the entire PC-EU megaserver, there's usually about 3-4 Murk recipes for sale at Craglorn. For the "generous" price of 100k for a green, 200-400k for a blue, and 800k-1M for a purple.
    You do the math and calculate how many millions it will require to obtain all the Murk recipes ...

I've looted all 3 towns extensively, and gotten a grand total of 0 recipes. There are far too few containers, many of the containers at a given time are "opened" already, and therefore unlootable. And when you actually can loot, you get 90 % trash, and 10 % recipes, 100 % of these are base game recipes.

Good job ZOS, once again you've offered us this BS that locks pretty much everyone out of the furniture crafting. These Murk recipes better damn well drop in the Undaunted dungeon event that's coming next, like the CWC dropped from the same event a year ago. If not, I'll not give a damn about these recipes and pretend they don't exist. No way I'm going to spend the millions for these recipes that people demand for them.

People are farming recipes when others sit and enjoy the game in batleground,trials or dungeons. So respect their time. Prices are made by player that farm not ZOS. If you dont like it go farm too. Better respect that there are some people that want to open containers 10 hour/day to get some plans. You can farm 1 mil/day easy just by gathering resources so I do not see problem.

Don't even know why I'm bothering replying to this. Gee, thanks for telling me ZOS doesn't make up the selling prices. And no, prices aren't "made up" by the players who farm, it's made up by demand and supply, as anyone with just the simplest knowledge of economics would be able to tell you. In this case, the supply is extremely diminished, hence my suggestion to ZOS to make the supply more reasonable, but I imagine that went over your head.
    Sure, you can farm 1mil easily a day, why stop there, I'm sure you can farm 12 mil easily in half an hour - with your eyes closed too. /sarcasm.

In any case, I feel somewhat confident that these recipes will drop in the next Undaunted dungeon event later this year, as the CWC ones dropped in the last dungeon event, in which case I will be able to pick them up from there. If not, I'll just ignore this whole recipe hype until prices have come down to somewhere more reasonable.
  • Dacalana
    Dacalana
    ✭✭✭
    Found this building with crafting stations in Lilmoth by myself, got around 6 items and 4 plans (1blue, 3 green) for an hour there. I agree that this time farming became something horrible, those prices are good to sell though.
    And sure no need to buy them right now, it's always only for millioners, wait a month or two and get it for a normal price.
    UPD. 2 hours today, 1 purple, 1 blue.
    Edited by Dacalana on October 29, 2018 2:26PM
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBH the amount of people pickpocketing in murkmire and leaving the victims alive doesn't help the drop rate!
  • GaldorP
    GaldorP
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did not yet manage to pull a furniture plan from Murkmire, but I got three if those little Scattlebloom furnishings you can get from the plants sometimes. Opened like 150/200 of the Scattleblooms for it I think, didn't farm specifically, just took all there were while running around Murkmire. Being a vampire with that crouching passive helps tremendously with that.
    I also pulled a blue quality rag furnishing from a container in the smithing area of Lilmoth.

You have to sneak up on them and pick them, right? Are they very visible, or can you easily overlook them? Also, please post some pics of the Scuttlebloom furniture item.
    @Carbonised
    Here are 2 screenshots of a Scuttlebloom furniture item. It moves its legs and other parts a bit in active mode. Roots are in the ground in inactive mode. It was always interactable for me, even when I didn't place it on solid ground and even when it was overlapping with other objects.
    0uuy8cerusii.jpg
    jfwhce6f4pka.jpg
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks. Already harvested 3 of them myself though =p
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jaeysa wrote: »
    So I poked around the PTS and wasn't able to find a good farming venue like old Traitor's Vault or Hleeran Tombs. If you get a furnishing plan/furnishing, can you please post what you received and where you got it from?

You realize threads like this is why Traitors Vault is now complete trash for BPs right? Had people not felt the need to tell the whole world about the vault, it may of taken the devs months, if ever, to find out it was a decent place to get BPs and not nerf it into oblivion.
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I poked around the PTS and wasn't able to find a good farming venue like old Traitor's Vault or Hleeran Tombs. If you get a furnishing plan/furnishing, can you please post what you received and where you got it from?

You realize threads like this is why Traitors Vault is now complete trash for BPs right? Had people not felt the need to tell the whole world about the vault, it may of taken the devs months, if ever, to find out it was a decent place to get BPs and not nerf it into oblivion.

The fact people were over-farming it? Probably. But considering we had a solid, what? Three months? Alinor plans are far less expensive than Murkmire ones, and the fact that more people were farming means more there are more total plans on the market and in the world. Me farming solo might only net a few plans, but telling people, meaning ten more people means that more plans will be around. So if I get a plan I don't want, I have a better chance of being able to trade it. That also means the plans themselves will be a bit cheaper and I won't feel the need to buy plans if I know I can tip someone to make the furnishings for me.
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • Dacalana
    Dacalana
    ✭✭✭
    it may of taken the devs months, if ever, to find out it was a decent place to get BPs and not nerf it into oblivion.
    There're still some decent places to farm it, one is of the same level for me as T.V. was (which personally I never farmed, but still got almost all alinor plans by myself). And nobody is gonna change those places. T.V. had too many wardrobes for no reason, I think it all was planned to change it from the start.
  • prof-dracko
    prof-dracko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks. Already harvested 3 of them myself though =p

Three?! I harvested almost 200 of the little buggers before getting one! I call him Henry.
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The fact people were over-farming it? Probably. But considering we had a solid, what? Three months? Alinor plans are far less expensive than Murkmire ones, and the fact that more people were farming means more there are more total plans on the market and in the world. Me farming solo might only net a few plans, but telling people, meaning ten more people means that more plans will be around. So if I get a plan I don't want, I have a better chance of being able to trade it. That also means the plans themselves will be a bit cheaper and I won't feel the need to buy plans if I know I can tip someone to make the furnishings for me.

Or we could not announce it to the world and let people find out about it through natural exploration, friends, guildmates, etc. The plans would of came down eventually as more and more people farmed it to make big bucks.

You see before some loudmouth do-gooder announced traitors vault to the world and brought it to the dev's attention that was a great farming spot, i was farming it quite heavily. As were others like me. We were selling the BPs on guild traders like they were bottled water in the desert. This was causing the price to drop already as we kept going lower than the last guy to get a quick sell so we can put more up. More importantly because of the drop rates in the vault we were getting a lot of blues and purples as well. And that caused the price of those to drop as well.

In comes do gooder thinking that its not fair for people to get rich off others who cant be bothered to farm their own stuff and announces this easy way to get all these BPs. This draws the attention of the devs who investigate it and decide to change it.

As a result people stopped farming it because its not worth our time. So we went back to our old farming that is more profitable. After the change i tried farming it and while green prints did drop every half dozen to dozen runs, it might be a few dozen runs to get a blue and a few hundred runs to get a purple. I was averaging 2-4 purples a day before and a few dozen blue.

The market has now stabilized and even started to climb because of the sudden drop in farming. Furthermore everyone is now trying the same thing with murkmire so very random drops while doing other activities is mostly what is getting put on the alinor market. The market for blue Alinor has actually started to increase and the market for purple is now extortionate. I can easily sell purple alinor for 250k-1 mil gold depending on the print. There are very few if any purples on the market whereas before the nerf there were a few to a few dozen of pretty much every purple causing the price to drop.

Sharing the great farming place with the world didnt help players it hurt them. It brought it to the attention to the devs who dont pay attention to their own game( even now the TV wardrobes are broken showing that you can loot most of them but doing nothing when you try). I mean, we have to tell them where the bots ( even though they are in the same locations) time after time because they cant be bothered to check on occasion.

So all sharing did was cause the devs to nerf it, people to stop farming it, and people who didnt get in on it to have to pay ever increasing prices until it because more profitable to do that than do our old farming. In order for that to happen for me personally, the drop rates would have to quadruple or the price of green prints would have to be in the 5k-10k range.

So in the long run, it had the opposite affect, which is fine for those who got in and got theirs in the beginning.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Following :-)

I've picked up quite a few pieces from the Murkmire dailies in Shadowfen.

This does not compute. What Murkmire Dailies and Shadowfen? Edit: Ah ok I Get it now!
    Edited by Mureel on November 11, 2018 6:11AM
  • Dacalana
    Dacalana
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone noticed a difference in droprate? Got 9 plans from 6-7 hours, before I got max 3 from the whole day. Hope it is a tendention, not a day with surprising rng.

And yes, from Shadowfen dailies you can get: Murkmire Brazier, Ceremonial; Murkmire Hearth Shrine, Sithis Relief; Murkmire Hearth Shrine, Sithis Figure; Murkmire Bowl, Geometric Pattern; Murkmire Vase, Scale Pattern; Murkmire Dish, Geometric Pattern; Murkmire Amphora, Seed Pattern. Also you can steal 4 rugs and 2 tapestries and get a hunting lure from dailies in Murkmire itself.
    Edited by Dacalana on November 11, 2018 5:31PM
  • ValkyriesWolf
    ValkyriesWolf
    ✭✭✭
    Dacalana wrote: »
    Did anyone noticed a difference in droprate? Got 9 plans from 6-7 hours, before I got max 3 from the whole day. Hope it is a tendention, not a day with surprising rng.

And yes, from Shadowfen dailies you can get: Murkmire Brazier, Ceremonial; Murkmire Hearth Shrine, Sithis Relief; Murkmire Hearth Shrine, Sithis Figure; Murkmire Bowl, Geometric Pattern; Murkmire Vase, Scale Pattern; Murkmire Dish, Geometric Pattern; Murkmire Amphora, Seed Pattern. Also you can steal 4 rugs and 2 tapestries and get a hunting lure from dailies in Murkmire itself.

Yeah, same here, got a few plans before release date for consoles, and after only just one, one measly plan.... a green one at that, too. :(:'(
    Metal forever \m/
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's very rare that I necro a thread, though this is only a bit of a month out.. but after going into Murkmire tonight, I'm damn glad I didn't pay for this POS DLC!!

It's very obvious from looking at it, and trying to interact with things that it was rushed out and very much incomplete. ALL of the new items that you steal from there tha are unique to Murkmire don't even have what type of treasure they are, let alone the treaure listing!
    The homes are sparse and most of the items in them are empty or unlootable at all. Even the ones on the outside of the home.

ZOS, ya'll need to STOP SUCKING THE FUN OUT OF THIS GAME!!
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thannazzar wrote: »
    TBH the amount of people pickpocketing in murkmire and leaving the victims alive doesn't help the drop rate!

Well, that's a stupid design, as well.

Many people are happy to pickpocket - but, don't want to murder NPCs in cold blood.

So, even though it is realistic to assume that an already pickpocketed person wouldn't have much left to pickpocket, in real life; they should have, in-game.

As, to have enough to go around in an mmo, resources need to be, at least somewhat, shared.
    Edited by Tigerseye on January 2, 2019 7:10AM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Or we could not announce it to the world and let people find out about it through natural exploration, friends, guildmates, etc. The plans would of came down eventually as more and more people farmed it to make big bucks.

You see before some loudmouth do-gooder announced traitors vault to the world and brought it to the dev's attention that was a great farming spot, i was farming it quite heavily. As were others like me. We were selling the BPs on guild traders like they were bottled water in the desert. This was causing the price to drop already as we kept going lower than the last guy to get a quick sell so we can put more up. More importantly because of the drop rates in the vault we were getting a lot of blues and purples as well. And that caused the price of those to drop as well.

In comes do gooder thinking that its not fair for people to get rich off others who cant be bothered to farm their own stuff and announces this easy way to get all these BPs. This draws the attention of the devs who investigate it and decide to change it.

As a result people stopped farming it because its not worth our time. So we went back to our old farming that is more profitable. After the change i tried farming it and while green prints did drop every half dozen to dozen runs, it might be a few dozen runs to get a blue and a few hundred runs to get a purple. I was averaging 2-4 purples a day before and a few dozen blue.

The market has now stabilized and even started to climb because of the sudden drop in farming. Furthermore everyone is now trying the same thing with murkmire so very random drops while doing other activities is mostly what is getting put on the alinor market. The market for blue Alinor has actually started to increase and the market for purple is now extortionate. I can easily sell purple alinor for 250k-1 mil gold depending on the print. There are very few if any purples on the market whereas before the nerf there were a few to a few dozen of pretty much every purple causing the price to drop.

Sharing the great farming place with the world didnt help players it hurt them. It brought it to the attention to the devs who dont pay attention to their own game( even now the TV wardrobes are broken showing that you can loot most of them but doing nothing when you try). I mean, we have to tell them where the bots ( even though they are in the same locations) time after time because they cant be bothered to check on occasion.

So all sharing did was cause the devs to nerf it, people to stop farming it, and people who didnt get in on it to have to pay ever increasing prices until it because more profitable to do that than do our old farming. In order for that to happen for me personally, the drop rates would have to quadruple or the price of green prints would have to be in the 5k-10k range.

So in the long run, it had the opposite affect, which is fine for those who got in and got theirs in the beginning.

I doubt most people are particularly bothered whether you and your farming friends make gold, or not?

I think they just want to make sure the supply on the market goes up, in general, so they have more chance of getting what they need.

So, they're not "doing good"; in fact, they're being almost as selfish as you are.

As a hater of "do-gooders" you should be happy...

Although, personally, I couldn't give a proverbial whether you are, or not.

...and as for the nerfing, blame Zos/Zenimax for that; not the players.

Edited by Tigerseye on January 2, 2019 7:21AM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I regret nothing. You guys will never get a cent from me for the prices you would have set furniture at if it stayed hidden. Overpriced furniture which would drive some to use the crown store and i would leak another spot again. It was great to ensure that furniture would get out there in the market so that a few people wouldn't be able to take too much gold from our pockets due to scarcity.
    Edited by Aliyavana on January 2, 2019 12:06PM
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't feel like Murkmire patterns are as rare as the old Morrowind patterns tbh, and it's likely less people want to learn them. As for the prices - way around that is for you to farm the matts, including the hackwing plume, then hire a crafter for a tip.
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • WitchyWarrior
    WitchyWarrior
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have they fixed the containers in delves in Murkmire?
    One of my most favorite things in this game is when I can loot containers in delves that sometimes drop cool things. Like the urns in the public dungeon(forgot the name. Well, can't spell the name correctly) in Wrothgar, the burial tombs in Vvanderfell, every dwarven pot I see, every urn anywhere throughout Summerset, etc etc...
    That's the biggest reason I have spent barely any time in Murkmire, because the times I did run through a delve every single kind of container had provisioning stuff.
    Bummed me out. I have only found purple things(2) when I stole them out of a dresser in one of the towns.
    But Murkmire was a HUGE disappointment to me.
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't feel like Murkmire patterns are as rare as the old Morrowind patterns tbh, and it's likely less people want to learn them. As for the prices - way around that is for you to farm the matts, including the hackwing plume, then hire a crafter for a tip.

It wouldn't be so bad if base game furniture blueprints wouldn't drop from DLC areas. 80% of the time I'm finding base game crap I don't want as my character already has it and and so do most other people so it won't sell. Considering with these you have to steal in order to find them, where is the reward to the risk being taken??
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Emphasis mine. This is your hypothesis (that the devs only found out about the code they wrote AFTER it was discussed in this forum and elsewhere). Even though I'm new to this forum and somewhat new to the game, I've been reading everything I found about furnishings/patterns pretty much since I started playing; and I'd like to present my theory.

From what I understand, both Morrowind and Summerset initially had high drop rates for furnishing patterns, and then, after a few weeks, those drop rates fell.

My theory is that there was no nerf. Yes, the drop rate was readjusted to accommodate for the actual volume of players in those areas. The drop rate ratio that was set when the two expansions were released was based on an overly optimistic projection of how many players would buy/play it at release.

The reason why people were able to get so many furnishing patterns soon after release is because they were expecting more people to be in there. Once they had actual numbers to work with, they readjusted the drop rate to be compatible with the rest of the areas in the game.

I have reasons to believe that the drop rate of pretty much everything in this game is based not only on the player, but on the average amount of players in an area. I don't know if the numbers get "recalibrated" every now and again, but I suspect they do so whenever there is an event in a specific area (like the CWC event).
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    KMarble wrote: »

Emphasis mine. This is your hypothesis (that the devs only found out about the code they wrote AFTER it was discussed in this forum and elsewhere). Even though I'm new to this forum and somewhat new to the game, I've been reading everything I found about furnishings/patterns pretty much since I started playing; and I'd like to present my theory.

From what I understand, both Morrowind and Summerset initially had high drop rates for furnishing patterns, and then, after a few weeks, those drop rates fell.

My theory is that there was no nerf. Yes, the drop rate was readjusted to accommodate for the actual volume of players in those areas. The drop rate ratio that was set when the two expansions were released was based on an overly optimistic projection of how many players would buy/play it at release.

The reason why people were able to get so many furnishing patterns soon after release is because they were expecting more people to be in there. Once they had actual numbers to work with, they readjusted the drop rate to be compatible with the rest of the areas in the game.

I have reasons to believe that the drop rate of pretty much everything in this game is based not only on the player, but on the average amount of players in an area. I don't know if the numbers get "recalibrated" every now and again, but I suspect they do so whenever there is an event in a specific area (like the CWC event).

I think what happened was that they were intending to make the Alinor blueprints drop quite freely, but then make the Culanda Lacquer quite rare, to compensate.

You only got one Culanda every few dailies.

Then there was an uproar about that, with players (understandably) complaining that you couldn't even make a green quality Alinor cup, without it costing two Culanda (i.e. thousands of gold in mats).

Then, a little later, it came out that some players were, pretty much constantly, farming the Artaeum vaults for Alinor blueprints.

So, they upped the Culanda drop to one per daily, but then seriously nerfed the droprate of the more valuable blueprints.

So, it returned to a situation where people could make green quality Alinor items, for their townhouse, fairly easily; but, they couldn't easily make purple quality ones, unless they had farmed/bought the blueprints already.

Honestly, it was a bit of a mess and that mess stemmed out of the flawed idea of using 2 x a rare, expensive ingredient for even the most basic of Alinor stuff.

They probably should have taken a middle road, once they realised there was a problem:

Made the green blueprints not require Culanda Lacquer at all, anymore, the blue ones only require 1, upped the droprate of Culanda (as they did) and adjusted the droprate of the purple blueprints to moderate (rather than super-low, as it is now).

Yes, the supply of them was fairly high, due to all the vault farming, but now it's (still) almost non-existent.

They seem to swing from one extreme to the other, with not much in between.
    Edited by Tigerseye on January 3, 2019 3:42PM
  • Dacalana
    Dacalana
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think that much less people want to learn Murk than Vvardenfell plans, they sell too good for quite high price to think that. Murk stuff just drops much better and there's not a big charge to buy one faster than other people do, only some plans are not that often on market (and still can't be compared with situation of Vvardenfell).
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    KMarble wrote: »

Morrowind plans NEVER had a good drop rate - even in the beginning. The only thing that brought the prices down on those plans was the MW furnishing documents they introduced on Rolis' assistant, Faustina. I hope they plan to do the same with the Alinor plans, as there are 6-8 I still don't have and no way I'm paying 500-900k for one of them now.

I agree with another poster that Alinor plans were originally intended to be easier to farm but harder to make. The MW plans use the readily available obsidian style mat, while Alinor plans use the rare Culanda lacquer. Upping the drop rate and reducing the mat requirements meant they had to lower the drop rate on the plans. Though I think it's far too low now. Or maybe it's not, it's just that no one's really farming it now.

ETA: On topic, I found a blue Murkmire plan for one of the lights in a backpack out in the wild. Sorry that I didn't note it on my map, but I was making my way to Tsofeer Cavern, I believe, and stopped at a makeshift camp.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on January 4, 2019 10:18PM