The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Darling, Tava's Favor? Will you change it?

JohnOfMarkarth
JohnOfMarkarth
✭✭✭
So seeing that, dodging is no longer something evasion buffs provide,
will you look on this, once amazing, now useless set?
I can't do this anymore. Every small ... petit change that went against any semblance of sense has snowballed into an avalanche of (Penn & Teller:) Bulls...!

Gods, bless me with patience.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tava is not some tanking set that has to change because tanks cant no longer use it. It may not be strongest set out there (well 99% of sets arent) but it doesnt have to change when dodging is still very common thing to do in pvp.
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Decon and stop playing NB tank again.

Good job combat team.
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not because your NB tank can't use it than the set is useless for everyone.

Dodge rolling is not a tank mitigation form, and the set is very strong for every one that can often dodge.

Stop being an angry PvEr. If you want a new NB tank set, ask one, but don't ask to change a set used by other.
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We are never the best choice in pve hard content, we dont have complete tanking tools, psijic order skills? Save it.

Major evasion made NB tank a bit different, at least we have something other tank they dont.

Forget it, he will be a good crafter.

• jypcy
    jypcy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I’ll continue using and enjoying my tankblades :smile: I even made a new set of well-fitted Tava’s to compliment my dedicated ulti-gen tankblade build.

For those who want to only pair it with passive dodge, Glorious Defender is still an option if you have Wrothgar.
    Edited by jypcy on October 22, 2018 3:37PM
  • ZeroXFF
    ZeroXFF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Already deconstructed, both on the NB and on the DK with hist bark.

And talking about hist bark... Not sure I will keep it either. Can't think of a lot of situations where there is massive AoE and I have to hold block too... vRoM maybe?
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watching this thread to understand concerns.
  • JohnOfMarkarth
    JohnOfMarkarth
    ✭✭✭
    Aedaryl wrote: »
    It's not because your NB tank can't use it than the set is useless for everyone.

Dodge rolling is not a tank mitigation form, and the set is very strong for every one that can often dodge.

Stop being an angry PvEr. If you want a new NB tank set, ask one, but don't ask to change a set used by other.

for all the absurd amount of pvp whinefests, i hear "angry PvEr"? Best one of today!
    I can't do this anymore. Every small ... petit change that went against any semblance of sense has snowballed into an avalanche of (Penn & Teller:) Bulls...!

Gods, bless me with patience.
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It probably needs a duration increase to 5 seconds to maintain the ever limited use it currently has.
  • jypcy
    jypcy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZeroXFF wrote: »

And talking about hist bark... Not sure I will keep it either. Can't think of a lot of situations where there is massive AoE and I have to hold block too... vRoM maybe?

Hist bark is actually a pretty interesting set now because, unless it’s been changed sometime and I missed it, you can’t block ground based aoe damage. So now hist bark with the new evasion change gives you a way to mimic that by mitigating aoe when you block (although it’s not something I necessarily think is worth slotting a 5 piece set for).
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    Watching this thread to understand concerns.

Meta is changing, it always does. Nothing to see here. o:)
    Edited by Maryal on October 23, 2018 1:53PM
  • ZeroXFF
    ZeroXFF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jypcy wrote: »

Hist bark is actually a pretty interesting set now because, unless it’s been changed sometime and I missed it, you can’t block ground based aoe damage. So now hist bark with the new evasion change gives you a way to mimic that by mitigating aoe when you block (although it’s not something I necessarily think is worth slotting a 5 piece set for).

It always was interesting, my concern is about "useful". Moving out of AoE faster is usually resulting in better mitigation than reducing the damage by 25%. It's only really useful now if you have to block already anyways, or you cannot move out of the AoE and the extra stam regen you would get by dropping block isn't better than 25% mitigation. There are very few such situations in the game.

Previously the set was helping regen (by reducing stamina drain while blocking by 15%), and now it will have the opposite effect (by compelling you to block when you otherwise wouldn't).
  • jypcy
    jypcy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It always was interesting, my concern is about "useful". Moving out of AoE faster is usually resulting in better mitigation than reducing the damage by 25%. It's only really useful now if you have to block already anyways, or you cannot move out of the AoE and the extra stam regen you would get by dropping block isn't better than 25% mitigation. There are very few such situations in the game.

Previously the set was helping regen (by reducing stamina drain while blocking by 15%), and now it will have the opposite effect (by compelling you to block when you otherwise wouldn't).

Yeah, I agree, I don’t think it’s a particularly useful set, especially as a 5 pc, but then again I haven’t thought of it as a particularly useful set for a while. Imo I think you’d be better off with a stamina proc set if you’re looking for added sustain.
  • ZeroXFF
    ZeroXFF
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, I agree, I don’t think it’s a particularly useful set, especially as a 5 pc, but then again I haven’t thought of it as a particularly useful set for a while. Imo I think you’d be better off with a stamina proc set if you’re looking for added sustain.

Well, before it was stam sustain, mitigation AND ulti regen with tava, which is why I found it to be very good. Now it's just extremely situational mitigation.