The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How many roles do you have?

LiquidSchwartz
LiquidSchwartz
✭✭✭✭✭
I’m wondering to see how many people have different roles open. Personally, I have a tank(main), two healers, and many dps. Count complete characters only that can do a trial/PvP comfortably, please.
May the Schwartz be with you.
EP/XB1/NA

How many roles do you have? 163 votes

I DPS!
16%
ixieMainman99LatiosDrahnDanteYodaphairdonEvilKiwiTheShadowScoutpod88kkSomewhereXDark_One13Shadow_AkulaChrysa1isFerrumnCutemKram8ionMarabornwingrionblkjagKeldheirKiralyn2000dave011 27 votes
I heal!
3%
baratroniGBxTheMuffinManSaphaylajanglesmom 5 votes
I tank!
2%
LupusdiabolusJayman1000PeacatcherMancombe_Nosehair 4 votes
I dps/heal!
13%
BigBraggDanikatAlienSlofzariaSheezabeastLinaleahscholar666Lady_SleeplessForsakenSinitehachecjthenereidLucidxNightmareswippyJaimehsintetizzatoreWildRaptorXFiktiusezio45RedRookSanguineMyBrother 22 votes
I dps/tank!
12%
SorianaGarishVulsahdaalVDoom1KingKobrasusmitdsol_BANK_lo ScottOfLibertaliaZeroXFFIngenonTheCyberDruidThe_Tarantiannryerson1025IlCacciaworir5StormChaser3000ktsStarlockEliteWarriorVermethys 20 votes
I can do all roles!
52%
SirAndyThumbtackJakelordspyderAlchemicalkypranb14_ESORDMyers65b14_ESOrotaugen454Iruil_ESOalainjbrennanb16_ESOstatic_rechargeedopeyidkphaneub17_ESOxenowarrior92eb17_ESOstojekarcub18_ESOLoves_guarsGTech_1StreegaAtAfternoonAlnilamE 85 votes
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oops missed one. I tank on one main and heal on the other. I don’t dps.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Gatviper
    Gatviper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dps/heal!
    Tanking was never my thing, I love to dish out damage, and heal & buff others is also something I like, so I've got all optimized gear setups for that, using an addon to instantly switch relevant skills and gear out when needed. Healing perfectly fine in vets, and dlc dungeons.
    Helps often if you queue in as a DPS to wait for more than 20min, queue in again as a healer and usually it doesn't take long.

Still I prefer to be a dps, it's more my kind of thing.
    Edited by Gatviper on October 21, 2018 11:07AM
    Life is a ride, like days in a train, cities rush by, like ghosts in the night.
    The rhythm of wheels, time fades away, stations of a journey, destination unknown.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, I PvP (solo / DD) and I dungeon tank. I don't do trials. <Scratches head>.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DPS until Nerfmire, then crafter.
  • Rungar
    Rungar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i tank and heal (pugs) in pve but my favorite role is snipe spammer in pvp!

It's 0.0666 of a second to midnight.

Rungar's Mystical Emporium
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dps/heal!
    I don't really do dungeons much so I guess functionally most my characters are DPS since they're designed for solo play, but I tend to go DPS and I have a mid-level warden who can be a healer.

I have a DK tank too, but she's level 5.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can do all roles!
    In a lifetime

4 tanks
    3 DPS
    5 healers
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 main tank
    7 DPS/Tank (i.e. DPS that will slot a taunt and stay alive)
    1 healer
    1 DD
    1 Mule
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I used to PVE, I did all three roles. Now that I PVP mainly, it’s mostly DPS/offhealing. I also have a heal tank.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can do all roles!
    15 characters. 5 Magicka Tanks, 5 Stamina DD's, 5 Magicka Casters who are both DD and Healer.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I DPS!
    I mostly DPS, because I am not the most capable player, and that one forgives more mistakes then messing up while tanking or healing.

I do have tanky and healy alts too of course, but... I don't really trust myself to risk other peoples chances on my tanking or healing so... they are more like "testbed alts" for me...
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I DPS!
    DD for life <3
  • Latios
    Latios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I DPS!
    I DPS, because it’s the only role that can actually do most of the content in the game without having to worry about other players.
    Arena plunder skull? No problem, I’m off to nMA.
    Dungeon skull? No problem, I’ll solo normal spindle 1.
    Feel like PvP for a bit? Let’s go solo killing or solo taking resources.
    I used to be a tank, but taking 30 minutes to do what a DPS could do in 5 is not very rewarding.
    The Eon Pokémon.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I can do all roles!
    I got 10 characters, 5 Tanks, 1 Healer, 3 Stamina DPS and 1 Magicka DPS. I Tank, its what I do, and even though I only got 1 Healer, I prefer to heal over DPSing but its easier to grind stuff that alts need to grind with a DPS, like MSA for example.
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I can't DPS worth a damn, so I only heal or tank in serious content
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • ayu_fever
    ayu_fever
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tanking is my calling. my passion.
    but i enjoy healing almost as much.

i refuse to be a DPS.
    never liked just mindlessly killing everything.
    i like to have responsibility and a direction with my role to lead and support, as opposed to button mashing through enemies.
    PS4 NA

all characters are members of the ebonheart pact master race
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT

main character:
    Rebekah Straight-Fire, breton templar healer: THE FATEBRINGER (dungeons, trials, pvp)
    —MERIDIA’S LUSTRANT— 1100+CP; alliance rank 21 (major grade 1); Rebekah is the most devoted and loyal follower of the lady of infinite energies and the highest ascendant of meridia’s purified legion and was forged from meridia’s brilliant radiance of purity.

other meta toons-
    Alexa Straight-Fire, breton warden healer: THE ALCHEMIST (dungeons, trials)
    Sasha Straight-Fire, nord dragonknight tank: THE UNBREAKABLE (dungeons, trials)
    Freyja Straight-Fire, nord warden tank: THE ICEBERG (dungeons, trials)
    Ororo Straight-Fire, dark elf magsorc: THE SHOCKWAVE (dungeons, trials)
    Michonne Straight-Fire, redguard stamDK: THE EVISCERATOR (dungeons, trials)

just for fun toons-
    Rhea Straight-Fire, wood elf warden stam healer: THE RANGER
    Shiva Straight-Fire, high elf warden ice mage: THE CRYOMANCER
    Morgana Straight-Fire, dark elf necromancer solo play: THE DEATHSINGER
    Lucille Straight-Fire, dark elf nightblade solo play: THE VOIDWALKER
    Diana Straight-Fire, nord templar tank: THE CLERIC
    Falsetto Straight-Fire, orc stamsorc werewolf: THE THUNDERHOWL
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can do all roles!
    I have in all 8 characters 1 DK tank, 1 Templar healer and a dps in each of the 5 classes
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • boombazookajd
    boombazookajd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can do all roles!
    I primarily DPS and am, in my opinion "good". That is I believe my DPS skills are about a "B".

I have a tank and a healer, and I don't think I am very competent with my tank. My tanking skills, in comparison to my dps skills would probably by a "C-"

My healer, probably a "C+".
    Drathus Delenu- Dunmer magDk: Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Stormproof, Peak Scaler, Clockwork Confounder, Orderly, Master Wizard, Cloudrest Hero, Undaunted, Dragonstar Arena Champion
    Thoronir Rolston- Breton petsorc: Stormproof
    Zaakazha-Redguard stamblade: Boethia's Scythe, Clockwork Confounder, Maelstrom Arena Champion, Dragonstar Arena Champion

Scrubs:
    Justinius Maximus Decimus- Altmer magblade
    Agronak gro'Mashul- Orc DK Tank
    Valerya Hawkcroft- Breton healer
    Zaaka- Imperial stamDK/crafter

✭✭✭✭✭
    Need an "I can't do any role" option
    PC/EU - PVE 2H stam orc petsorc (meta, what meta?) ww - terrible dps - mediocre player - fun times - free ww bites to whomever asks so don't be shy if interested
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dps/heal!
    I have enjoyed tanking in many other games. In ESO it just has never really done it for me. I usually make a new one every 12 to 18 months and give it a whirl. I don't know exactly what it is, but I cannot truly get into it.
  • Raraaku
    Raraaku
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can do all roles!
    I can do all roles, although I am a much better in the tank role and healer role compared to my play as a DPS role.
    Back from a much needed break. || I like having too many projects and working on them all at once.

Tank Enthusiast || CP: 445 || Stormproof

Tanks
    Karsaak gro-Ursa: DC || Orc || Stamina Dragonknight || Tank || Level: CP 445
    Sir Leopold Stotch: DC || Breton || Magicka Templar || Tank || Level: 445
    Protects-Squishy-Ones: EP || Argonian || Magicka Sorcerer || Tank/CC || Level: CP 445
    Björn Shadow-Walker: EP || Nord || Stamina Nightblade || Tank || Level: 15
    Tiberius Valerion: AD || Imperial || Stamina Warden || Tank || Level: 15

Damage Dealers
    Morrigan Ravyn-Cloak: AD || Altmer || Magicka Nightblade || DPS || Level: CP 445
    Ra'Zahkara: AD || Khajiit || Stamina Dragonknight || DPS || Level: CP 445
    Ezra al-Khazir: DC || Redguard || Stamina Templar || DPS || Level: 40
    Erryndril Telvaux: EP || Dunmer || Magicka Dragonknight || DPS || Level: 25
    Uzara gra-Khalari: DC || Orc || Stamina Nightblade || DPS [2H/DW] || Level: 15
    Solomon Motierre: DC || Breton || Magicka Sorcerer || DPS || Level: 20
    Ragnar the Wulf: EP || Nord || Stamina Warden || DPS || Level: 30
    Ra'Rahku: AD || Khajiit || Stamina Nightblade || DPS [Bow/Bow] || Level: 15

Healers
    Sees-through-Hist: EP || Argonian || Magicka Warden || Healer/CC || CP 445
    Daedalus the Artificer: AD || Altmer || Magicka Templar || Healer || Level: 15
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 Solo
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dps/heal!
    Has just made an tank but she is level 22 and done two normal dungeon so don't count
    Another DK who I plan make an tank of but wanted to test on an low level character first
    4 other characters who is glorified bank alts.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Lady_Sleepless
    Lady_Sleepless
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dps/heal!
    My main is a healer, my other characters are damagers. Working on a tank soon.
  • Donari
    Donari
    ✭✭✭✭
    You left out zero as an option. I've never done a trial, don't even know where they are. I've only reached 50 on my main (my alts top out at 30 or so) and have yet to hit a CP cap. My main is DD (stamina DK), and the one and only time I pvp'd on her I and my fellow DK pwned two sorcs who were max vet rank that ambushed us during guild RP when my friend was rank one and I was maybe level 30. So maybe I could comfortably pvp on her, if pvp weren't inherently uncomfortable for me.

Why bother to answer? You put this in general discussion so you seem to want general attention :)
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can do all roles!
    Used to be just DPS and Healer, but I really wanted to try Tanking as I've never done it before in the three years I've been playing, and after creating the build, learning the playstyle etc it's actually not that difficult at all. It only becomes difficult if you don't have a legit Healer to throw you shards.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can do all roles!
    There needs to be an option for "I can do all roles, but I do one of them badly." LOL.
    I have characters for all three roles, but I'm not that fantastic of a tank for some reason. I can tank normal dungeons easily, but when I try to do vet dungeons as a tank, I have problems with him. Something is off about my build, I guess. *Sighs*
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you only want characters that can trial and dps comfortably, you left out the option for zero. I'm horrible at pvp. As for pve content, I keep toons available for all roles most times.
  • dave011
    dave011
    ✭✭✭
    I DPS!
    You missed a selection! Crafter as I am no good at all the others;))
    PC/NA
  • Chrysa1is
    Chrysa1is
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I DPS!
    Used only 1 character since release on XB1