The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can we "please" have a day and night cycle for our Artaeum Grand Psijic Villa

Mysticman
Mysticman
✭✭✭
I have a I have bunch of glow plants and some really cool lights but they are totally useless because it's daylight 24/7 in Artaeum. Extremely annoying.
  • Elrinthil
    Elrinthil
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by Elrinthil on November 26, 2018 1:06AM
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed recently that it seemed to always be daytime at the villa, and thought that maybe I was just porting there at the wrong time. I too would like to see my glowing mushrooms in all their glory. I second this request.

Same here; I don't use most of the house, but the parts I do use, this would be nice.
    Even nicer, like someone else's suggestion: let us control the day/night cycle in all of our homes! :smiley:
    Edited by kadochka on October 19, 2018 7:33PM
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

• mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There actually are cycles - they're just not what we humans perceive as day and night. When I go to the house in the morning (EST) and dusk, there is a golden light that streams through the windows that is very much different from that of afternoon and evening. The quality of the light outside fluctuates with this rhythm as well.
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There actually are cycles - they're just not what we humans perceive as day and night. When I go to the house in the morning (EST) and dusk, there is a golden light that streams through the windows that is very much different from that of afternoon and evening. The quality of the light outside fluctuates with this rhythm as well.

The moon(s) is never out, from what I've seen, though. :(
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

• Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no true day and night. Sometimes I feel like there are changes in the light but it might just be imaginary.
    But I guess the perpertual day cycle is due to the fact that Artaeum was removed from Nirn and exists now in another dimension. You can see that strange orange web in the sky with the dots acting as suns / moons / stars (whatever you want to see in them).

That being said, I'd love to have nights in that house as well. Some things only really come to life when it is dark.
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be nice to have a night time....I have bodies and corpses hanging everywhere and it’s just not the same in daylight. :(
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have the opposite preference. Only a small fraction of the items in this game are glowy, and a huge majority of the others look better with good lighting. I'd love my houses to be in perpetual daylight.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on October 20, 2018 1:23AM
  • shadowwraith666
    shadowwraith666
    ✭✭✭✭
    i would love a day/night cycle for the villa and Artaeum, being always daytime makes placing light features outside pointless, even the clockwork city has a day/night cycle.
    • Vicktor Bloodtail - L42 Argonian Magblade, Werewolf - EP
    • Xarxes - L31 Dunmer Sorc, Vampire - EP
    • Lichtspear - L21 Argonian Temp - EP
    • Rajka Fireclaw - L21 Khajit DK - AD

PS4 EU
    Spill some blood for me dear brother
    Vicente Valtiere, Dark Brotherhood, Oblivion
  • Ertosi
    Ertosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Problem is the Psijic Villa is in Artaeum, where it always seems to be daytime as well, due to being a demiplane with that trait. So it seems they are just matching the overall feel for the house with the region that its in, which seems appropriate and intended.
    PC NA @Ertosi
    ♠♦ My Team ♥♣
    GoanJabsplar [Grand Master Crafter, Master Angler, Tamriel Hero, Explorer]
    DruStamplar
    TicklesHealplar
    DixieMagplar
    FigsStamblade Sneakthief [Master Thief]
    Sir PriceStamblade Bow Ganker [Daedric Lord Slayer]
    MayaStamblade Speedster
    AhmedMagblade Bomber
    BalzarStamSorc Blitzer
    WinniePetSorc Thunder Mage
    TanksStamDK Tank
    MonaMagDK Fire Mage
    DawnHPDK
    BearlyStamden Tank
    IvanaMagden Ice Mage

CP 950+
    ♌ DC Loyalist ♌
    ✄ Grand Master Crafter
    No new crafting or game systems for 2019? "Season of the Dragon" would be better named "The Year of no New Major Features"
    https://i.imgur.com/TPscgS9.jpg to see major features of the last few years compared.
    https://i.imgur.com/X8qY0gP.jpg to see a detailed comparison of this year's Q1 to the last two Q1s.
    https://i.imgur.com/4z71cK8.jpg to see a detailed comparison of each years' first two quarters combined.
    https://i.imgur.com/jrHe5h8.jpg to see a projected comparison of the full years and what 2019's Q4 will need to catch up.
    Unsubbed January 15th, 2019 due to the lack of any new substantial features shown to be coming in 2019.
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer the perpetual Dawn/dusk. It makes lighting SO much easier.
    There are plenty of shadowed areas both inside and outside for your glowing furnishings, but having that lovely warm ambient light all the time is an absolute joy after decorating other houses where inside and out I have to use a metric guar-ton of lights just to see the stuff I put down.
  • Lake
    Lake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer it this way.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh are you KIDDING me? C'mon already ZOS! It is WELL past time for you to just give US control of the time of day/night in player homes! The functionality ALREADY EXISTS and we've seen YOU use it on at least one livestream!

Between the ridiculous lack of trees and this daytime all the time nonsense my villa will never be anything other than a warehouse for all my spare furniture. SIGH :neutral:
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    please not, it is the unique factor of this home that we always have twilight, and I like that very much.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azurya wrote: »
    please not, it is the unique factor of this home that we always have twilight, and I like that very much.

Dawn/Day/Dusk/Night toggle solves this problem. Hold ZOS to a higher standard and insist on this. Then everyone would be happy.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• milkbox
    milkbox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am glad that this lighting scheme makes some people happy- and it's definitely got potential for some lovely scenes, but it's just one more thing that makes this house "not for me".

Having the light shine in one direction and no change in the weather makes the place seem weirdly static- like you're in time bubble. The shadows never change... Whenever I spend time there it makes me feel... funny... after a while.

Also, big agree on being able to customize sun and environment. User-created content would get so much better if people didn't have to wait for a certain time of day to film or photograph what they want to show. (Or not wait, which makes for a lot of dark pictures of ESO.)

• OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, controlling the time of day, weather, and ambient music played from a list of all environmental themes in the game has been a want of the housing community for quite some time now.
  • Lazrael
    Lazrael
    ✭✭✭
    I too would like to see my villa at night.
    That and be able to fully furnish it.
    Artists and Theives...
  • Jounin13
    Jounin13
    ✭✭✭
    I sort of what a night version but I want 50 more slots for the house so I can add the lighting for my Fall Festival Villa ^_^
  • DR4GONFL1
    DR4GONFL1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yea its really disappointing as the Alinor lighting is in my opinion the best looking in the game... I was so looking forward to seeing the street lights, lanterns and torches lit up at night but don't even really need them. They have made the lighting pretty obsolete in there or Grand Villa. I really like the idea of controlling the day and night time environment what a cool feature this would be. I'm sure one day we will be able to purchase this feature in the crown store :{