The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Witches Festival 2018 Achievement (loot?) bug

Bucky Balls
Bucky Balls
✭✭✭
pc-eu [no add-ons]

It seems that any character after the first to gain any of the 'Plundered Masses' achievement is neither awarded the achievement nor the special loot box drop. Limiting the special boxes to 1 per account per day may be intentional but, given that the achievements are listed for each character, it is clear that the lack of the award of the relevant achievement for individual categories(delve, trial, world boss etc) on any character after the first, is a bug.

Please fix.

Also please provide clarification on whether the special box limit is intentional; if it isn't then it needs to be fixed. Thanks.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
@ZOS_Chris
@ZOS_JessicaFolsom
@ZOS_Edward
@ZOS_BillE
Edited by Bucky Balls on October 18, 2018 8:38PM
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    One, per type, per day, per account. Seven per day, per account, max. It's spelled out in the linked article.

You can grind regular plunder skulls to your hearts content repeatedly.

If the achieve you are talking about is related to the Dremora skulls, wait until tomorrow, repeat on a different character.

And Mods read the forums anyway - it's their job. No need to tag half a dozen to attempt to garner more attention.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Bucky Balls
    Bucky Balls
    ✭✭✭
    One, per type, per day, per account. Seven per day, per account, max. It's spelled out in the linked article.

Actually it's not clearly spelled out in the article - what the article states is "You can defeat each individual type of boss and be guaranteed a Dremora Plunder Skull once per day, meaning you can acquire up to seven each day.". This says nothing to disambiguate account or character.
    If the achieve you are talking about is related to the Dremora skull

I explicitly stated the 'Plundered Masses' achievement - if that is intended to be per account then ALL characters per account should be auto-updated with each achievement, otherwise it should be open to subsequent characters; it is not. This is clearly bugged.

wait until tomorrow, repeat on a different character.
    No thanks. Particularly when it's clearly bugged.
    And Mods read the forums anyway - it's their job. No need to tag half a dozen to attempt to garner more attention.
    Maybe; but I'm happy to klaxon any bugs I find both in game and here. :)

• Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    • As replied in the other thread, the omission of additional detail gives you the answer.
    • It's the nothing that it doesn't say that "spells it out" assuming you have basic reading comprehension.
    • I didn't cross reference the specific achievement. I already had a pretty good idea where you were misinterpreting things.
    • It is per character. It's also not bugged. It's an annual event. Nothing says you have to be able to get it on all characters in one sitting (in this case, same year). Further, with the base 8 character slots the game comes with, you do have enough time to clear on all alts with time to spare.
    • Don't wait till tomorrow (which is now today) and do it. Don't care either way.
    • Maybe your klaxon only works with bugs, which this is not, given the overwhelming number of Dev responses here to clarify what was already clear about the thing which is not broken.

It's not broken. You (the OP) read it wrong, you (the OP) interpreted it wrong, and it simply doesn't work the way you (the OP) think it should.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not a bug. You can get 7 dremora plunder skulls per day on your account, one for each boss type.
  • Bucky Balls
    Bucky Balls
    ✭✭✭
    Not a bug. You can get 7 dremora plunder skulls per day on your account, one for each boss type.

The bug I have actually flagged is that the achievement is locked to one single character per day and not available to all characters. If any character grabs any of the dremora related achievements then no other character can do so for that day. This can't be right and, thus, is flagged as a bug.

The issue regarding the dremora loot boxes has pretty much been empirically recognised by now but it was not initially clear and the wording of zos' news item was(and still is) ambiguous.

In summary: it's the achivements being locked to a single character per dremora related achievement per day that is my prinicple concern.

Edited by Bucky Balls on October 19, 2018 4:41PM
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Actually it's not clearly spelled out in the article - what the article states is "You can defeat each individual type of boss and be guaranteed a Dremora Plunder Skull once per day, meaning you can acquire up to seven each day.". This says nothing to disambiguate account or character.
    If the achieve you are talking about is related to the Dremora skull

I explicitly stated the 'Plundered Masses' achievement - if that is intended to be per account then ALL characters per account should be auto-updated with each achievement, otherwise it should be open to subsequent characters; it is not. This is clearly bugged.

wait until tomorrow, repeat on a different character.
    No thanks. Particularly when it's clearly bugged.
    Maybe; but I'm happy to klaxon any bugs I find both in game and here. :)

One guy make event
    Other one make loot
    Someone else write articles
    I bet 4th one take all cash
  • Bucky Balls
    Bucky Balls
    ✭✭✭
    • It's the nothing that it doesn't say that "spells it out" assuming you have basic reading comprehension.

My reading comprehension is just fine - the wording is ambigous and, as I have pointed out in this and another thread, semantically has two distinct interpretations. You obviously prefer to weight one interpretation over the other.
    It is per character. It's also not bugged. It's an annual event. Nothing says you have to be able to get it on all characters in one sitting (in this case, same year). Further, with the base 8 character slots the game comes with, you do have enough time to clear on all alts with time to spare.

Equally there's nothing saying you can't get the achievements on more than a single character per day.

The quietude of zos is expected - I rarely see any responses even to multi-page threads, other than moderation and will continue to communicate occassionally on these forums as I choose and see fit. I will also continue to call out bugs - and I regard this as a bug - as I find them, klaxons and all.

Thanks.
  • Bucky Balls
    Bucky Balls
    ✭✭✭
    Rake wrote: »

One guy make event
    Other one make loot
    Someone else write articles
    I bet 4th one take all cash

I think you are very probably right. :)
  • Sekero
    Sekero
    ✭✭✭
    Well, all is not well with the event - I've done Dolmens, WBs, Delves and public dungeons today since 15:00 UTC (Event refresh) and delves and Public dungeons give Daedric plunder skulls as expected, but WBs and Dolmens give only normal plunder skulls. I did 2 dolmens and 2 WBs on both my accounts, and no daedric skulls for any of htem - just the delves and public dungeons. I have no idea what is happening in group dungeons, trials or arenas. This is PC EU if it makes a difference.
    Edited by Sekero on October 19, 2018 4:47PM
  • AkashaVow
    AkashaVow
    Soul Shriven
    I am not sure if this might be related to your issue, but yesterday I learned that Summerset/Artaeum/Cyrodiil delve bosses will not drop Essence of Death for the Starter Quest, so maybe there is a similar issue with the golden skulls not dropping from some zones. Just a thought really. I also noticed today around 2pm EST I did a dolmen in Deshan and only the purple skull dropped, then I did the same dolmen on the same toon 10 minutes later and got the gold skull. Perhaps this is not a global reset, but a 24 hour timed cooldown for each toon and each boss type? I'm new to forums and relatively new to game, and the above is all speculation. Just thought I would put my thoughts out there, in Hope's it may help somehow.