The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Dremora skulls achievement on multiple characters

Breedj01
Breedj01
✭✭✭
As these dremora skulls only drop once per day per account, how are we able to complete the achievement on all characters if the event lasts 10 days and ppl have 15 characters.
Where are all the Oranges? Plenty of other fruits in tamriel... Where are the Oranges??
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only the skulls that drop motifs drop once per day. The other skulls drop all the time. Also, I have 15 characters, but what is the point of getting every achievement on all of them? It's a bit overkill.
  • Streega
    Streega
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can get multiple Dremora skulls per day: "In addition to regular Plunder Skulls, during the event, you can also acquire the brand-new Dremora Plunder Skulls. These devilish new rewards will be the first Plunder Skull drop you receive for each type of boss each day. A Dremora Plunder Skull contains all the same items found in a regular Plunder Skull, but it is also guaranteed to have a new Dremora Motif page based on the type of boss you defeated. "

I can confirm it: did delve boss and a dolmen, received 2 dremora skulls.
    ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃ Don't-Care-Bear ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃
    PC EU "House Tertia" - Friendly Guild for Mature Folks (housetertia.com)
    PC EU "Priests of Hircine" - Awesome Guild for Friendly Werewolves (free bites!)
    Member of "Guild Masters United"
    Master Angler
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Arena boss skull only last boss?
  • Snipress
    Snipress
    ✭✭✭
    I've done world bosses, dolmens, and delves so far. Only the first clear of each dropped a Dremora skull. I was wondering if it was a 'once a day' thing because I wasn't getting anymore afterwards. You can earn them by doing world bosses, dolmens, delves, public dungeons, dungeons, trials, and arenas. However, is it account or character based?
    Finding beauty in negative spaces.

Officer & recruiter for Lunacy on the Xbox - NA server.
  • Breedj01
    Breedj01
    ✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    Only the skulls that drop motifs drop once per day. The other skulls drop all the time. Also, I have 15 characters, but what is the point of getting every achievement on all of them? It's a bit overkill.

Whether overkill or not, it should at least be possible to do if one were so inclined
    Where are all the Oranges? Plenty of other fruits in tamriel... Where are the Oranges??
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rake wrote: »
    Arena boss skull only last boss?

Yes, only from the last boss. Otherwise people would just farm poor Maxus the Many in normal Maelstrom.
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snipress wrote: »
    I've done world bosses, dolmens, and delves so far. Only the first clear of each dropped a Dremora skull. I was wondering if it was a 'once a day' thing because I wasn't getting anymore afterwards. You can earn them by doing world bosses, dolmens, delves, public dungeons, dungeons, trials, and arenas. However, is it account or character based?

I can't 100% confirm this, but from everything I've been reading is that it's PER ACCOUNT. The easiest way to check this would be to just do a Dolmen boss on two different characters and see if you get the drops. I'll be testing tonight, but I'm fairly certain I know the outcome. If they had it per character...all the nerds who don't have jobs would be flooding the market (sarcasm, kinda).
  • Jamdarius
    Jamdarius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can get max 7 Dremora drops / day but from different activity... sadly per account not per toon.
  • Snipress
    Snipress
    ✭✭✭
    Donny_Vito wrote: »
    Snipress wrote: »

I can't 100% confirm this, but from everything I've been reading is that it's PER ACCOUNT. The easiest way to check this would be to just do a Dolmen boss on two different characters and see if you get the drops. I'll be testing tonight, but I'm fairly certain I know the outcome. If they had it per character...all the nerds who don't have jobs would be flooding the market (sarcasm, kinda).

I did a dungeon on a different character and a delve on another and didn't get any Dremora skulls. So, I presume it's per account. At least we can get multiple a day, though.
    Finding beauty in negative spaces.

Officer & recruiter for Lunacy on the Xbox - NA server.
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Would really like these to also be by character. Once a day per character isn't that big of a deal, especially since some of these are for more time intensive stuff like Maelstrom or trials. I'd like to get these achievements on a number of my characters and limiting them to account based makes the timeline tight, if not impossible for those with max character slots.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's always next year...
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • lokulin
    lokulin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »

Achievement unlocked on last character 15 years later....

Yeah I know that some people wanting the achieve on all characters is a little strange but still why have per character achievements if they are going to go down this route. May as well make achievements account wide and get it over and done with.
    I've hidden your signature.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lokulin wrote: »

Yeah I know that some people wanting the achieve on all characters is a little strange but still why have per character achievements if they are going to go down this route. May as well make achievements account wide and get it over and done with.

2017 festival: "Waaah, ZOS, you didn't add any new achievements or motifs! I already completed the Hollowjack motif on every character and bank mule! There's nothing to do this year!"

2018 festival: "Waaah, ZOS, I can't complete the Dremora motif on every character and bank mule! What will I have to complain about for 2019?!"

The 2016 festival had the Hollowjack motifs dropping like candy. Since motifs were not stackable back then, I taught Hollowjack to literally every character, including mule characters on mule accounts, and I know many people who just destroyed the motifs. But for casual players like most of this game's population, the Hollowjack drop rate was great, because it meant that people who logged on only for an hour a day could reasonably complete the motif.

Contrast that to the 2018 anniversary event and the Worm Cult motif. I did over 3000 dailies on NA--daily writs on over 20 characters across multiple accounts plus a bunch of other dailies--and got enough to teach the full motif to just two characters. On EU, my dailies count was a bit shy of 400--mostly daily writs on 3 characters--and I collected only about half the chapters for a full motif. Logging in every single day and doing a full set of writs on 3 characters is more than what most players in this game does. The vast majority of people could not complete Worm Cult.

The Dremora Skulls and motif, though, is perfect. The guaranteed drop per day means not fussing with RNG and it means that most players--those who log on for maybe an hour a day--will be able to complete the achievement and motif without any difficulty. But tempering that guarantee with daily account-wide gating means that the dedicated player will not see a repeat of the 2016 Hollowjack and there will be something left for them to do in future years.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • lokulin
    lokulin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lokulin wrote: »

2017 festival: "Waaah, ZOS, you didn't add any new achievements or motifs! I already completed the Hollowjack motif on every character and bank mule! There's nothing to do this year!"

2018 festival: "Waaah, ZOS, I can't complete the Dremora motif on every character and bank mule! What will I have to complain about for 2019?!"

The 2016 festival had the Hollowjack motifs dropping like candy. Since motifs were not stackable back then, I taught Hollowjack to literally every character, including mule characters on mule accounts, and I know many people who just destroyed the motifs. But for casual players like most of this game's population, the Hollowjack drop rate was great, because it meant that people who logged on only for an hour a day could reasonably complete the motif.

Contrast that to the 2018 anniversary event and the Worm Cult motif. I did over 3000 dailies on NA--daily writs on over 20 characters across multiple accounts plus a bunch of other dailies--and got enough to teach the full motif to just two characters. On EU, my dailies count was a bit shy of 400--mostly daily writs on 3 characters--and I collected only about half the chapters for a full motif. Logging in every single day and doing a full set of writs on 3 characters is more than what most players in this game does. The vast majority of people could not complete Worm Cult.

The Dremora Skulls and motif, though, is perfect. The guaranteed drop per day means not fussing with RNG and it means that most players--those who log on for maybe an hour a day--will be able to complete the achievement and motif without any difficulty. But tempering that guarantee with daily account-wide gating means that the dedicated player will not see a repeat of the 2016 Hollowjack and there will be something left for them to do in future years.

You are right, it would only take 2 years to complete on 15 characters. That doesn't seem unreasonable.

I've hidden your signature.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I figure I'll do as many as I can this year along with doing the year 1 achieves on two newer characters and I'll finish off the rest next year.
    Beta tester November 2013
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

2018 festival: "Waaah, ZOS, I can't complete the Dremora motif on every character and bank mule! What will I have to complain about for 2019?!".../...

LoL, you're right, we always find something to complain about. I find the dremora plunder skull thing to be worth complaining, though. It's not logical. If an achievement is tied to a farming restriction, then either both (achievement and restriction) should be character-based, or both should be account-wide. In the present case we have a character-based achievement and an account-wide restriction.

I'd rather have ZOS find us new things to do every year rather than achievements that are only doable over several years.

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm mildly impressed by the people who have 15 trials capable characters. I've got 11 characters and 5 of them arent even level 50 yet. The perils of Alt-itis.