The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

The Indoril Grand Psijic Museum of Tamrielic Curios and Heritage - a preliminary look

Carbonised
Carbonised
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
It is with much delight that I present a first look at my Grand Museum, which I have created in the new Grand Psijic Villa. And let me tell you, the Vault of Moawita has nothing on this.

For those of you who recall my Ebonheart Castle, I have moved my collection of historic items and artifacts from there to the Villa, and expanded on it vastly.
The result is almost done, I need to do something nice with the exterior, which hasn't been decorated yet, and the Argonian or Saxhleel section is still awaiting our explorers to return from their Murkmire expedition with new and interesting objects to display. Once that happens, I will make a true showcase of this home, but the museum must really be seen live in game to truly appreciate it. My home (and all my other homes) are open to all visitors on the PC EU server, but without further talk, here are some preliminary screens of how it looks. Also, please do not quote this post in a reply, as there are many pictures attached, and quoting it means the pictures will have to load twice:

Hammerfell and Redguard section:
4weUYy6.jpg
SW5Z2vY.jpg
iox1ihf.jpg
1ENoUfX.jpg

Skyrim, Nord/Atmora and Dragon Cult section:
4bK0zIk.jpg
AWXU79J.jpg
RCmPQIN.jpg
wHWk7MN.jpg
87xfuUu.jpg

High Rock/Breton section and Wrothgar/Orsimer section:
irkb5KM.jpg
VA550Ed.jpg
2H5wCL4.jpg
6FdGFs8.jpg

Dwemer section:
ttDEk3k.jpg
lxLJx6v.jpg
hXaL7DL.jpg

Valenwood and Bosmer section:
xLGvMAW.jpg
JqY8DkJ.jpg
XrUEtQb.jpg

Summerset section and artifacts display:
MNAeSZD.jpg
xqLi0mC.jpg
EVkRf6H.jpg

Craglorn and Reachmen section:
51Ub3oB.jpg
nQTJpjY.jpg

Cyrodiil and Imperial section:
EcMvHQF.jpg
nB5is6a.jpg

Dark Brotherhood section:
DvrLHn4.jpg

Maormer/Pyandonea and Sea Sload section:
WZd72Jv.jpg

Argonian/Saxhleel and Black Marsh section. Will be finished with Murkmire:
otQBOS3.jpg
Edited by Carbonised on October 17, 2018 4:05PM
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thieves Guild are already on their way :D
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant!!!
    1,000 Huzzahs!
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »
    Thieves Guild are already on their way :D

Luckily I'm a high ranking member of the Thieves Guild xD

But yeah, let's just say I'm glad players can't steal your stuff, I'm sure some of my visitors would like to pilfer some of the exhibitions, heh.
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You recently bought from me some Murkmire furnishings via guild store in Craglorn, now I know why :) I can send you more for free if you're interested (I'm doing prologue quests every day) :)
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    You recently bought from me some Murkmire furnishings via guild store in Craglorn, now I know why :) I can send you more for free if you're interested (I'm doing prologue quests every day) :)

Indeed, already preparing for that section ;) Thats for the offer, I already collected a large amount of most of them, I'll send you a message in game!
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great idea for such a large space. Nice job!
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice. Like it alot.
    I'm still trying to decide what to do with mine.
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kagukan wrote: »
    Great idea for such a large space. Nice job!

Yeah the Villa is way too large to decorate as a "real" home I think, plus it also looks much more like a museum or some other kind of official building, and not a home, due to it being a copy of the Summerset palace. But it works great as a museum, that also means I have leave some empty spots in between the various sections, so I still have more than 200 slots left for this house, even when it's quite full up!

@Katahdin @wenchmore420b14_ESO Thanks =)
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to donate a rock to place under Ysgrammor's foot with a few runes mentioning the Nord Cultural Exchange's mission and mead.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to donate a rock to place under Ysgrammor's foot with a few runes mentioning the Nord Cultural Exchange's mission and mead.

Donations are always appreciated, one of my friends let me buy the Imperial and Order of the Hour statues off of him for a low amount, since I didn't pick them up when last they were at the lux vendor. I've been thinking about what to put under old Y's foot, but I haven't come up with anything fitting yet!
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good heavens, this is brilliant! Good show!
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• prof-dracko
    prof-dracko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You idea thief D: I was building up my museum as well. My original Nordic area was even in the same place as yours before I decided to move it to the tower room.

I kid though, the prospect is too ideal for me to have been the only one to have thought of it. My collection is building pretty slowly but I'm pleased with the progress, and I'm making some use of the outdoor areas as well. I just wish Display Case plans weren't so expensive, rare, and costly to make. really does hamper things.

You've done an amazing job btw. If you're on the PC/EU server I'd love to visit it. If not, maybe you could do a video tour, if you're able?
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @prof-dracko Great minds think alike ;)

Yeah the building looks much too formal and official to be a standard home, so it sort of invites to being decorated as a museum, or grand hall, or maybe temple or something like that.
    I didn't find the display cases too expensive, but I have all the recipes, so I can craft as many as I like with just a little Molondo and some Mastic.

Thanks a lot, this is just the teaser, I'm waiting to fill it up with Murkmire stuff and more luxury vendor stuff before doing the grand tour, but send me a message @Carbonised in game and you can see it for yourself, since I'm also on PC-EU.
  • ShionRasenka
    That's AMAZING!! Luckily I have a character on the EU server, so I'll have to hop on her sometime to go visit!! I'd love to see everything in-person!! I can barely imagine the time and effort all of this took/takes!!

I still haven't decided on what to do with my Psijic Villa yet. I might do something like this. Like you said, OP, the villa is just simply too large (without more furnishing slots, at least) to be made into a true home.
    PC (NA)
    Zenith Avalon- Breton Sorcerer (DC)

"Ye who turns and runs away can steal the treasure another day."
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You forgot the most important part of a museum...

*places nixad*
    *places bucket under nixad*

There. Now you have a gift shop.
    signing off
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit will be on her way as soon as the camel is ready!

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • prof-dracko
    prof-dracko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm, place looks awesome in person. Shame about furnishing limits, I feel there's a lot more could be done with the outside. Apart from that, everything is there and well laid out. Nicely done :D
  • HiLyfe808
    HiLyfe808
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks awesome!!!! Wish we could fit more stuff in this house 700 is not much for the size of this house.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks to @SantieClaws and @prof-dracko for stopping by. If anyone else on PC-EU wants to have a look, I'll be happy to show you =)
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit is most grateful for the tour. The museum is utterly stunning. A place you could wander round for hours.

This one will certainly return.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

• RABIDxWOLVERINE
    RABIDxWOLVERINE
    ✭✭✭✭
    By far the best thing I have seen done with Housing! i love what you have done with the Villa I wish I could do this with mine.

Just out of curiosity how much gold/crowns did you have to spend to make this Grand Museum of Tamriel?

If im rating this Id defintely have to say 10 out of 10
    Rhaegar Gregorson, The Ebonheart Centurion - Imperial Dragonknight
    RABIDxWOLVERINE - Xbox One, NA, Ebonheart Pact

Loreseekers

BLOOD FOR THE PACT!
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By far the best thing I have seen done with Housing! i love what you have done with the Villa I wish I could do this with mine.

Just out of curiosity how much gold/crowns did you have to spend to make this Grand Museum of Tamriel?

If im rating this Id defintely have to say 10 out of 10

Not too many Crowns actually. Only the Hubalajad pack and the Dragonpriest pack I think. All the rest is parts luxury vendor goods, parts achievement unlocked items, and parts craftable items.
    All in all, it's a massive amount of gold, though. I don't recall exactly how much, but several of the items cost 100k each, so I'd say easily some millions all in all.
  • Elrinthil
    Elrinthil
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by Elrinthil on November 26, 2018 1:06AM
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. I'm speechless.
  • Cillion3117
    Cillion3117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beyond awesome!
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perfect venue for a museum, and beautifully executed. The immersion is total, and you feel you are actually wandering round the galleries. I'm glad you didn't present it as a video....each screenshot needs to be lingered over to appreciate all the artefacts.

It must have taken an age as well as a massive amount of gold to collect, buy and craft all the exhibits.

Definitely a chef-d'oeuvre there.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I planned to either make a museum or a university here myself. You've done a fantastic job on the museum!
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurelle1 wrote: »
    Perfect venue for a museum, and beautifully executed. The immersion is total, and you feel you are actually wandering round the galleries. I'm glad you didn't present it as a video....each screenshot needs to be lingered over to appreciate all the artefacts.

It must have taken an age as well as a massive amount of gold to collect, buy and craft all the exhibits.

Definitely a chef-d'oeuvre there.

Thank you, and everyone else, for the high praise. It is a pleasure to see people enjoy what I have created.

I still have 200 item slots left for the Argonian section, and possibly some other stuff as well, so once the museum is entirely full of items and artifacts, I will do a larger showcase with both video and screenshot presentation

It certainly isn't a cheap hobby to decorate houses, but I do craft everything myself (that can be crafted), which cuts down on expenses, and have a steady income from selling furniture as well. But I must have poured millions into the pockets of the achievement vendors and the luxury vendor.

Edited by Carbonised on October 18, 2018 6:36AM
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love it! It reminds me so much of the Museum of Natural History in NYC. ZOS needs to gift you a giant whale to hang from the ceiling. lol
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love it! It reminds me so much of the Museum of Natural History in NYC. ZOS needs to gift you a giant whale to hang from the ceiling. lol

Hmm - this one recalls a giant mammoth skull. This one was recently gifted one. It is extremely large and bony and would do the job as well as a whale.

Perhaps this one will even move the skull she has to her own gallery ...

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws