The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Line of sight needs changing

Bergzorn
Bergzorn
✭✭✭✭✭
Beam attacks like Jbeam, Soul Assault, and Zaan should cut down trees when you are near a friendly lumber mill.

Near a friendly farm, LoSing behind a pumpkin/tomato/potato plant from a flame attack should cook you a soup.

I also came up with an idea for mines, but it was ridiculous.
no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about they jus make LOS work in the first place? Pumpkin soup sounds good though.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 for immersive suggestions. Need more interactive objects in PvP xD
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haha. Logic needs to apply to mage guard heat seaking missile heavy attacks that go through walls too.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will swinging an axe towards a tree also make it fall after several swings?
    What will happen with light attacks from staves? Ok flame staff is clear, will set stuff on fire. But an ice staff? Do we get some fried chicken? Maybe also we can shoot holes into something with a bow?
    Destructible environment would be neat...
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    check wind direction & strength before flame destro HA
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What happens when a lightning staff attack meets metal?
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What happens, when your lightning staff is made of metal?
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Checkmath wrote: »

Cutting trees with axes is not very economic. You should wait for the next chapter which will introduce a saw as new 2h weapon with it's own skill line (focus on crafting). Until then, just use Zaan on your stamina char.

Don't get me started. I can't grow hair anymore and usually need a new wig every couple of days.
    Feanor wrote: »

I'd say you magically set little particles in the metal in motion. They are called charge carriers since they will charge towards your enemies to bring doom and flashy destruction. But my guess is as good as yours, it's just a game set in an imaginary world.
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

• Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Finally some good ideas on these forums. 10/10
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bergzorn wrote: »

Cutting trees with axes is not very economic. You should wait for the next chapter which will introduce a saw as new 2h weapon with it's own skill line (focus on crafting). Until then, just use Zaan on your stamina char.

Don't get me started. I can't grow hair anymore and usually need a new wig every couple of days.

I'd say you magically set little particles in the metal in motion. They are called charge carriers since they will charge towards your enemies to bring doom and flashy destruction. But my guess is as good as yours, it's just a game set in an imaginary world.

But if lightning comes out of your staffs end and the staff is made of metal, would you not get hurt yourself? I mean electricity moves through most metals, so it also would move through the staff to your hand and electrocute yourself...
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not if you make sure that there is no considerable potential difference between your finger tips and your other body parts.

Erm, what I really mean to say is that you *magically* project all the pain and flesh burning that happens in your body towards your enemy. Don't forget to unlock this hidden passive and benefit from increased hate wispering and cheating accusations.
    Edited by Bergzorn on October 17, 2018 2:14PM
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

• Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we are already on the physics topic...how about implementing player physics, so you can not walk through enemy players anymore?
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Due to the uncertainty principle, you will always be able to walk 'through' other people, if you do it very fast and both they and you are very slim.

But we are getting really nerdy here.
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

• Deep_01
    Deep_01
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now this is how a nerf thread should be. Stylish.
    @Deepan on PC-EU
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

But if lightning comes out of your staffs end and the staff is made of metal, would you not get hurt yourself? I mean electricity moves through most metals, so it also would move through the staff to your hand and electrocute yourself...

Handles/grips are made of wood.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we are already on the physics topic...how about implementing player physics, so you can not walk through enemy players anymore?

Handles/grips are made of wood.

so never touch your lightning staff somewhere else than the grip...? RIP blocking^^
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Touching the staff or even the lightning is not harmful if you wear a Toga.

Proof:
    zeus.png
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

• Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Touching the staff or even the lightning is not harmful if you wear a Toga.

Proof:
    zeus.png

I do not wear togas, I wear damn steel armor.
  • Rukzadlithau
    Rukzadlithau
    ✭✭✭✭

@Cringemath
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buzo wrote: »

@Cringemath

When I click on that, then the website tells me "user not found"....
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Haha. Logic needs to apply to mage guard heat seaking missile heavy attacks that go through walls too.

Right. And through doors, trees, and all terrain. I guess it's "magic" though.
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I can already imagine it... 5 EP troll tanks, standing in a row under Chal milegate, holding block. The entire DC push comes to a complete standstill. Yikes!
    Edited by TheYKcid on October 20, 2018 5:49AM
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What will happen with light attacks from staves? Ok flame staff is clear, will set stuff on fire. But an ice staff? Do we get some fried chicken? Maybe also we can shoot holes into something with a bow?
    Destructible environment would be neat...

I wouldn't mind some fried chicken.