Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I need help with lrn2play and gitgud issues! Stam DK

• evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    i believe you got melted by non projectile mag sorc.

my suggestion is:
    - play pvp? impenetrable trait all the way
    - use 6 med 1 heavy
    - increase ur stam regen
    - put your offensive ult to main bar so you can use it instantly
    - use 1H+S for reverb bash, average damage spamable + defile is good pressure. remove talon
    - do not slot rapid in combat if you dont use it to the fullest
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    evoniee wrote: »
    i believe you got melted by non projectile mag sorc.

my suggestion is:
    - play pvp? impenetrable trait all the way
    - use 6 med 1 heavy
    - increase ur stam regen
    - put your offensive ult to main bar so you can use it instantly
    - use 1H+S for reverb bash, average damage spamable + defile is good pressure. remove talon
    - do not slot rapid in combat if you dont use it to the fullest

New meta for stamDk is dual wield back bar, or even front bar if you wanna be yet another ST spammer.(just like every other stam class).

The days of SnB reverb+heroic spam are over. I would only consider SnB for its survival benefits at this point and even thats neutered by the fact that blocking snares you and kills your stamina regen, which is obviously not good.

You can obviously still go SnB heavy armor and be effective, however using SnB will not grant you the best pressure anymore. Until bleeds are addressed they are the meta.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on October 20, 2018 10:18PM
  • raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sword Singer is a cool set. Keep it on your 2h bar if you like it.

What I do is go for a weapon set on the other bar such as Asylum 1+S or something, then you can run something defensive like impregnable armour and still have options for monster sets.

For ages I felt most comfortable with medium 5-1-1 Troll King and Orgnums Scales on 1+S bar (I should try Beekeeper and Plague Doctor too really). Then a Masters or Asylum 2h (too lazy for Maelstrom grind). This frees up 5 slots to mess about testing other sets. Currently I'm enjoying Twice Born Star with Steed + Warrior/Ritual.

You sound like you enjoy bursty so maybe go for Masters Daggers or Axes on the other bar with a nice damage set. If you fancy a 1+S, Asylum is really nice on Stam DK to keep the flapping up.

The divines is what is melting you vs decent players. I go reinforced cuirass with 4 impen, 2 well fitted and an infused shield for the health recovery procs and GDB.

After theory craft a bit the other night I thinking to go Sword Singer 2h and Asylum 1+S, keep the Troll King and probably TBS over Orgnums because Steed is get buffed from 5% to 10% movement speed. In no-CP the extra magika from TBS helps a lot too.

Good luck on the StamDK journey OP...
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ATomiX96 wrote: »
    Gibus043 wrote: »
    Thoughts on this build? (no-CP/BG)
    What could be improved?

I made it from my experience with StamDK and the responses from this thread

Hmm idk if you are running 5 medium and wings as your only snare removal with 2 seconds immunity you are gonna be permasnared so much, right now heavy with forward momentum and speed / immov pots is just insane.
    Id probably run 5 heavy 2 medium, forward momentum instead of rally, replace dizzying with fossilize and run meditate (deep thoughts) instead of wings.

But for next patch your build might be the way to go.

What would you then use to kill people without Dizzy? You can dot people up on day but almost all will be able to heal through it. Templars are already difficult (if not damn near impossible) to kill on a DK as they can purge or heal through most our weak ass burst!

dot them up, light attack bash weave heroic slashes into them, once they are like at 60% leap execute once or twice gg
    also cc (reverb, fossilize) them on cooldown eventually they run out of stam and they gotta sit out stuns for full duration.
    Edited by ATomiX96 on October 22, 2018 8:43AM
  • Ender1310
    Ender1310
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will elaborate. Shacklebreaker/having bigger resource pools are a must because at top tier pvp elite players have enough defenses to withstand your pew pew combos. Once your burst is with stood it becomes a cat and mouse game of luring you out to you over extend. Right now (correct me if I am wrong) from what the op is saying you guys go up to a target unload your burst or CC them and unload your burst and win.
    Won't work on me. I dun care how much burst you have. Cause I build to counter it. And top tier pvpers do the same. So thus shacklebreaker comes into play. Why so good. Once your burst is onloaded your ult is spent we get in this game of blocking and roll dodging and pressure. Top tier pvp builds are good at putting pressure on their opponents so they have to spend resources in order to stay alive. without shacklebreaker/bone pirate/some type of gimmick to return resources your gonna be out of stamina. Meaning your not going to be able to block/roll/break free out of my CC eventually. This = you lose.
    Burst builds are good. You run in a pack and you (no disrespect) herp derp apply burst here. You will run into the player/build that can take it. Once that happens your a potato.
    My opinion. Again not the best pvper but I have been having a ton of success in BG's of late.
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ender1310 wrote: »
    I will elaborate. Shacklebreaker/having bigger resource pools are a must because at top tier pvp elite players have enough defenses to withstand your pew pew combos. Once your burst is with stood it becomes a cat and mouse game of luring you out to you over extend. Right now (correct me if I am wrong) from what the op is saying you guys go up to a target unload your burst or CC them and unload your burst and win.
    Won't work on me. I dun care how much burst you have. Cause I build to counter it. And top tier pvpers do the same. So thus shacklebreaker comes into play. Why so good. Once your burst is onloaded your ult is spent we get in this game of blocking and roll dodging and pressure. Top tier pvp builds are good at putting pressure on their opponents so they have to spend resources in order to stay alive. without shacklebreaker/bone pirate/some type of gimmick to return resources your gonna be out of stamina. Meaning your not going to be able to block/roll/break free out of my CC eventually. This = you lose.
    Burst builds are good. You run in a pack and you (no disrespect) herp derp apply burst here. You will run into the player/build that can take it. Once that happens your a potato.
    My opinion. Again not the best pvper but I have been having a ton of success in BG's of late.

Framed that way, Shacklebreaker makes more sense to me know. This is the sort of explanation I never got (and apparently wasn't smart enough to put together on my own).

Thanks, @Ender1310!
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    dooderek wrote: »
    People are trashing chudan but in regards to BG and solo play its great. Not sure if you spend more time in BG's or Cyrodil but if your solo-queue'ing in bg's you can't count on other players.

I wear Chudan because I can remove volatile armor since I need the extra skill slot and I need as much mana for reflective plate. Green blood is not a good heal but its main purpose is the stam regen.

This is my NON-CP build and it works great for me.

Cefutj-PCNA

Yesterday's daily BG.

G2MbqKu.jpg

hardened armor will give you one of the strongest shields in this patch...
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Cortimi
    Cortimi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update:

Went with 7th Legion rings and Necklace, 7th Legion Greatsword (nirnhoned), and 7th Legion Sword and Shield (infused and nirnhoned)medium Valkyn Skoria hat and shoulders (divines), and heavy Shacklebreaker (impen) for the rest. I can't believe I barely gave up around 600 weapon damage (which I can get back most of using a weapon enchant), but I have about 2k more stam now which also helps make up for it. I really don't notice too much of a difference in Dizzying Swings or Executioner in PvE (maybe 1k or so). I have also transmuted the jewelry to Triune.

The key thing though is that I am fighting main bar with sword and shield and this is just worlds better for me. The heavy attack is far easier to land , I have more stam, can actually block things now, and it still hits pretty damn hard.

Main bar (SnB): Reflective Plate, Ransack, Venomous Claw, Invasion, Heroic Slash, Dawnbreaker of Smiting. Basically everything I need to fight the way I like. Slow them down, dot them up, hold out for Dawnbreaker.

Back Bar (2H): Vigor, Executioner, Rally/Igneous Weapons, Fossilize, Dizzying Swing, Corrosive Armor. Heals, stuns, heavy hits, and a great "OH SH!T" ulti.

This is working a lot better for me, but I am always open to suggestions to tweak this a bit more.
    Xbox NA: Soviet Messiah
    EP: Cortimi - Imperial StamDK
    EP: Melga - Orc StamDen (Dah Bear)
    EP: Narileya - Nord StamPlar (Mad cuz Bad)
    EP: Corvaera - Bosmer Orc StamSorc (RIP)

PS4 NA (Retired at CP835): Soviet-Messiah:
    EP: Cortimi - Imperial StamDK
    DC: Melga gra-Antilae - StamDen
    AD: Corvaera - Bosmer StamSorc
    Urvoth wrote: »
    CP is a crutch for people who can’t sustain and want to be "tanky" so they aren’t immediately punished for making mistakes.
  • TheRedRavenTR
    TheRedRavenTR
    ✭✭
    Hey, I am an experienced stamDK player and i think i can give some advice. I will give you advices that every actual good stamdk players that use meta,myself included.
    First of all, in stamdk it is go heavy or go home.I love playing medium but heavy is just way superior. Always wear bloodspawn. Trollking might help you while getting used to the build but bloodspawn is way better once you get used to the class.
    İ suggest sword and board front bar nirnhoned with double dot poisons and two handed axe backbar with infused berserker enchant. Get at least 40% defile tooltip on reverb and 20% thamaturge. All impen
    Skills:
    Swordnboard

Heroic
    Reverb
    Flames of oblivion
    Fragmented shield
    Vigor
    Corrosive

Axe

Reverse slice
    Venom claw
    Noxius breath
    Spiked armor
    Forward momentum
    Leap/Dawnbreaker

İ use seventh and fury with bloodspawn.You can use fury with seventh/impregnable/shackle/bone_pirate.But always use fury, its set bonuses and 750 weapon damage is too good. All stam enchants with 1 reduce feat cost , 1 reduce block and bash , 1 weapon damage gylph. Dubious food with tower mundus.
    Dot'em up apply defile and bash weave'em to death. Always save corrosive for the better players. Corrosive is op 1v1. Hope i was helpful. Have fun !
  • The_Tarantian
    The_Tarantian
    ✭✭✭
    Hey, I am an experienced stamDK player and i think i can give some advice. I will give you advices that every actual good stamdk players that use meta,myself included...

Wouldn't Troll King be better in this unmitigatable damage (bleeds\oblivion) meta? Or does defile *** it up entirely?
    And does the most of sustain come from heavy attacks?
    What pots do you use what about speed that we lost with the last patch (swift\steed mundu\smth else)?
    Also, what have you generally changed in your build with the launch of Murkmire?

Thanks for the insightfull input by the way. You and all others who replied.
    I am in similar situation as OP (though slightly more experienced), and I have a dozens of question, but no one to answer.
    Edited by The_Tarantian on November 4, 2018 9:23AM
    Erin Go Bragh, Erin go Braugh !
    It's Irish for "you're ***".
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StamDK or StamPlar with this patch? I'm creating my very first Stam Char and I'd be inclined towards DK but I'm also thinking Temp
    Edited by Rhaegar75 on November 4, 2018 11:51AM
  • TheRedRavenTR
    TheRedRavenTR
    ✭✭
    Hey, I am an experienced stamDK player and i think i can give some advice. I will give you advices that every actual good stamdk players that use meta,myself included...

Wouldn't Troll King be better in this unmitigatable damage (bleeds\oblivion) meta? Or does defile *** it up entirely?
    And does the most of sustain come from heavy attacks?
    What pots do you use what about speed that we lost with the last patch (swift\steed mundu\smth else)?
    Also, what have you generally changed in your build with the launch of Murkmire?

Thanks for the insightfull input by the way. You and all others who replied.
    I am in similar situation as OP (though slightly more experienced), and I have a dozens of question, but no one to answer.

İ mainly use normal potions that give stam and stamina regen but if i had the gold i would definetly go for lingering health potions. Speed is awesome too. İ wouldnt recommend cc immune potions because you can get dull at CC breaking if you get used to them. Stamina sustain is mainly spamming ultis and heavy atacks.Trollking doesnt make a whole lot of difference if enemies have defile on you. Bloodspawns sustain tankieness and more corrosive uptime is much better.I used to play troll king and had issues with bloodspawn but once i got used to it bloodspawn was feeling much stronger.You should the jewelery trait that suits you.
  • xselfish
    xselfish
    I don’t know it’s its been mentioned but health is very important as well. You need I would say 23k health to be able to recover from a burst if you wear medium.

I’m on Xbox so I don’t know how the speed changes will affect my stam Dk.

I rock 5 Bone Pirate Body, 5 Spriggans (jewelry and 2H axe) Front bar,. 2 Skoria for extra health and damage monster set. Maelstrom sword and board back bar. (The 2 piece set on this gives great sustain)

Warrior mundus

I have 3 damage glyphs in jelwery and rock three swift traits. When the update changes I plan on using the steed mundus, two swift trait and one infused to keep the weapon damage up and speed.

6 impen pieces
    5 Medium 1 Heavy
    2 tri stat glyphs on big pieces
    I am a Redguard

This works pretty well for me. It’s all about kiting and bursting at the right moment. Learning when to be on defense and when to go offense.
  • The_Tarantian
    The_Tarantian
    ✭✭✭

But lingering health potions do not provide you with major endurance and that cuts you sustain significantly. Would you still go for it?
    How do you achieve neccesary movement speed nowadays? Swift jewelry? Steed mundus? 15 second potions?
    Do you use heroic slash as a spammable or is there another option (**cough**crushing weapon**cough**)?
    And why is it LA-skill-bash weave? Why not cancel skill animation with block only? Is it because you risk loosing stamina recovery tick while blocking? Or is it for that little extra damage from bash?

Erin Go Bragh, Erin go Braugh !
    It's Irish for "you're ***".
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, stamdk is great but medium armor stamdk only works good in a zerg tbh. If you trying to figth outnumbered you need heavy.

To start with it i would suggest running pretty simple and yet really effective setup. Bloodspawn, Fury, Bone Pirate.

S&B as your main damage bar and 2h for Execute and Buff as backbar weapon.

Skills are simple.
    S&B
    Heroic
    Reverb
    Flames of Oblivion
    Vigor
    Fragmented Shield
    Spell wall Ultimate

2h
    Venomous Claw
    Executioner
    Noxious Breath
    Vol Armor
    Forward Momentum
    Dawnbreaker/Leap

Prismatic on Big pieces, juwelry full triune. Rest max stamina. On my redguard i hit about 26k health wich is really nice.

Recovery is more then enough with this setup but some heavy attacks are nice.

DW for solo play isnt this good anymore after the Speed changes. You need to be tanky for this now and also block some damage. DW will eat your stamina to fast if you Block with it.

For potions i run Lingering health. Heal + Major Vitality. They are cheap and really effective if you are used to heavy attacking much. I dont need much speed with this cause i never played with speed potions this much so i am used to it.

But lingering health potions do not provide you with major endurance and that cuts you sustain significantly. Would you still go for it?
    How do you achieve neccesary movement speed nowadays? Swift jewelry? Steed mundus? 15 second potions?
    Do you use heroic slash as a spammable or is there another option (**cough**crushing weapon**cough**)?
    And why is it LA-skill-bash weave? Why not cancel skill animation with block only? Is it because you risk loosing stamina recovery tick while blocking? Or is it for that little extra damage from bash?

Heroic is needed in your rotation. (Minor Main, minor heroism, snare) Bash weave gives a lot more damage. Normal bash hits for like 1k wich is huge.