Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dizzying Swing Change

lucky_dutch
lucky_dutch
✭✭✭✭
This ability is so clunky and awkward to use. Anyone with access to a snare-break will opt for DW over 2h.

Could be improved a hell of a lot by allowing you to activate it without a target and so long as you have a target in the crosshairs and within range when it goes-off, it will hit.

This would also allow you to switch targets if, for example, your originally intended target dies during the animation.

It’d still be incredibly easy to dodge this in PvP (as it should be) but at least it wouldn’t be quite so useless.
Edited by lucky_dutch on October 14, 2018 1:46PM
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrecking blow morph should become instant cast with a dmg reduction to make up for no cast time. So you choose high dmg and cc vs faster weaker attacks
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• Drygon
    Drygon
    ✭✭✭
    This ability is so clunky and awkward to use. Anyone with access to a snare-break will opt for DW over 2h.

Could be improved a hell of a lot by allowing you to activate it without a target and so long as you have a target in the crosshairs and within range when it goes-off, it will hit.

This would also allow you to switch targets if, for example, your originally intended target dies during the animation.

It’d still be incredibly easy to dodge this in PvP (as it should be) but at least it wouldn’t be quite so useless.

I think it serves its purpose. One is for PVP other is PVE (both work pvp). That is what the devs went for. And with the curent movement speed nerfs it should be a direct buff to it. It just needs t be fit in the right build.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lucky_Sage wrote: »
    Wrecking blow morph should become instant cast with a dmg reduction to make up for no cast time. So you choose high dmg and cc vs faster weaker attacks

No. Instant melee spammable makes Surprise Attack unique.

Also my gank builds use Dizzying Swing to great extent.
    Edited by susmitds on October 14, 2018 4:39PM
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dizzy might have some very annoying issues, and can sometimes feel useless but it's still decent and I can't imagine a change that wouldn't just be a nerf, it's still better than crushing weapon.
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »

Huh thought suprise attack was the Extra armor & spell resistance after cast, built in Fracture, and the ability to Stun/set targets off balance that made SA unique.
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chrlynsch wrote: »

Huh thought suprise attack was the Extra armor & spell resistance after cast, built in Fracture, and the ability to Stun/set targets off balance that made SA unique.

Extra resists come from passives though.

It is the only spammable instant melee skill meant for DPS, out of 10+ DPS spammables in the game. That does make it unique. Other classes should not be given access to something similar.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is the only spammable instant melee skill meant for DPS, out of 10+ DPS spammables in the game. That does make it unique. Other classes should not be given access to something similar.

Lmfao. I wish that logic applied to non-NBs!

OMG, no one but sorc gets unblockable undodgeable burst (buh bye shalk)
    No one but Templar gets AoE heals! (Buh bye warden and resto)
    No one but DK gets reflects!

Oh apparently the logic is: Only NBs deserve worthwhile anything....
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

NBs used to be the only one with uncounterable CC. Now, it has been handed out to DKs and Sorcs as well. Crushing Weapon kills the uniqueness of NBs quite a lot in PvE.

NBs already lost a good deal of their uniqueness with the Warden class. For the first time, another stamina class can beat stamNBs in burst. Wardens have access to Minor Berserk solo, which previously was NB-only for solo situations, except for one set. Warden sustain skills are virtually reworked versions of NB sustain skills.
    Edited by susmitds on October 14, 2018 5:45PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

NBs used to be the only one with uncounterable CC. Now, it has been handed out to DKs and Sorcs as well.

How so for sorc? It's dodgeable (rune is what you're talking about right?) Same with atro.

Only DK has ranged limited uncounterable stuff ish

NBs have WAY too much going for them
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Tonturri
    Tonturri
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There's another morph of Flame Lash that is more DPS oriented but sees zero use because the sustain from having a free proc is better.

Anyway, concerning Dizzying. I'd rather see how the speed nerfs play out before doing anything with the skill. I really enjoy how impactful it feels with the cast time, big damage and satisfying sound effect when I do land a hit. It may have fallen out of style with Swift + easy access to other speed stuff, but I'm looking forward to seeing if it regains some usage with the nerfs.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Agreed. Stamina in this game is so boring to play unless you're a Nightblade or a Templar. The stam spammables are awful.
  • lucky_dutch
    lucky_dutch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tonturri wrote: »

There's another morph of Flame Lash that is more DPS oriented but sees zero use because the sustain from having a free proc is better.

Anyway, concerning Dizzying. I'd rather see how the speed nerfs play out before doing anything with the skill. I really enjoy how impactful it feels with the cast time, big damage and satisfying sound effect when I do land a hit. It may have fallen out of style with Swift + easy access to other speed stuff, but I'm looking forward to seeing if it regains some usage with the nerfs.

I’m not suggesting changing the cast time or damage or anything though, just allow you to change targets mid-cast. It should be cast like an AoE but only able to hit one target.
  • Tonturri
    Tonturri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tonturri wrote: »

I’m not suggesting changing the cast time or damage or anything though, just allow you to change targets mid-cast. It should be cast like an AoE but only able to hit one target.

Oh, my bad. Don't get me wrong, I am all for your idea. That was directed at making one morph of the skill instant, which I agreed with before the PTS but now, with the speed changes (and assuming your suggestion is implemented, which tbh probably won't but OPTIMISM!), I'd rather see how it plays out.
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Dude what.... No!!!!! And im stamblade main. JUST NO! W T F!!!!!

Wrecking blow should have its cast time REMOVED! Damage decreased! All it does is damage. SA is powerful AF. And that u get a buff from passive is supposed to be a valid argument? ITS STILL A PART OF IT. LOL.
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "No classes should have anything 100% unique because it's unfair, unless it's for Nightblades"

Solid logic, everyone
    Valrien Dravic -- Level 50 Dunmeri Sorcerer (EP)
    Garahel Dravic -- Level 50 Bosmeri Nightblade (EP)
    Tamriel Unlimited was a mistake. One Tamriel was a bigger mistake
  • Tonturri
    Tonturri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »

Agreed. Stamina in this game is so boring to play unless you're a Nightblade or a Templar. The stam spammables are awful.

It'd also be nice if they took another look at the psijic stam spammable - IIRC it double dips into battle spirit and thus the bonus on the stam morph is useless.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the nightblade bias is hilarious. dizzying swing is aweful when its laggy as heck and a instant cast ability would work wonders for my stam sorc.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If somehow uniqueness is the benchmark now, I want an unnerfed Streak and the CC and damage back on Frags. Because that’s what made Sorc unique.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Please tell me that Susmitds person is trolling?? Why are people like that allowed on these forums??

Edited by templesus on October 15, 2018 7:01AM
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    templesus wrote: »
    Please tell me that Susmitds person is trolling?? Why are people like that allowed on these forums??

I've seen the person in Cyrodiil and he is a NB. And I believe he is being very serious about it too from what I can tell. His post about SA is just a new low imo.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    templesus wrote: »

You know, normally i'd say something like... Everyone has the right to free speech. But this time I have to agree. People like this shouldn't even be allowed here.
  • Bosov
    Bosov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haha poor guy.. he justs wants his nightblade to be the better class compared to all other classes so they shouldnt get something which could lower the gap between a stamblade and any other class.

Imagine that... another stamina class with a good direct spamable instead of just the nightblade. You would only have really good class passives and buffs , best defense mechanics (cloak & shadow image), strong cheap ult with a unique extra damage buff and a unique big burst skill which is procced after 5 light attacks left....

Also just like someone else pointed out... suprise attack would still be so much better because of the extra benefits it has.
    Xbox One - EU - GT : Bosov
    PC - EU - @Bosov91

ESO Highight :
    https://twitter.com/SlashLurk/status/895068339273310208

• Lutallo
    Lutallo
    ✭✭✭

Jabs? Cutting Dive? Imbue weapon?
    "Rock is too OP, please nerf"
    Sincerely, Scissors.
  • Synapsis123
    Synapsis123
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lutallo wrote: »

Jabs is a channel, cutting dive has a travel time and is ranged, and imbue weapon you cast and then light attack.
  • BahometZ
    BahometZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dizzying swing seems fine to me atm. Get great use out of it on certain builds. Very satisfying aesthetically.

Not going to use it in endgame PvE obviously, but that's a small slice of the game.
    Pact Magplar - Max CP (NA XB)
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lutallo wrote: »

Jabs is a channel, cutting dive has a travel time and is ranged, and imbue weapon you cast and then light attack.

Puncture? Steelnado? Executioner (which is spammed by some people)?

Even Low slash and Power slam can be spammed
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Andele
    Andele
    ✭✭
    Just making ALL skills castable without a target (and equally so costing energy on wiff) along with smoothing out attack animations (and possibly return of attack speed) does sound very very nice.
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd rather wrecking blow gain a version of empower back that boosts all damage by 20% again. Not in the camp of instant hit because just picturing that looks stupid and an instant hit from a windup skill just sounds off. If no 20% then you could increase the damage slightly and give a 2k armor penetration buff.
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l