The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Would you play in a faction locked campaign?

thegreat_one
thegreat_one
✭✭✭✭
Being able to switch sides in a 30 day campaign is just plain stupid.

Anyone can get T3 rewards for any campaign, regardless of which faction they are in. It just becomes a participation reward.

I would like to see atleast ONE faction locked campaign. I mean, they used to be like that but for some stupid reason they changed it.

Edited by thegreat_one on October 14, 2018 12:25AM

Would you play in a faction locked campaign? 206 votes

Yes, I would play in a faction locked campaign.
80% 166 votes
No, I would not play in a faction locked campaign.
19% 40 votes
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would.

But until ZOS fixes the lag and persistent performance issues and the PVP population increases, we cant even fully balance more than one CP campaign in Cyrodiil, much less Vivec, Shor + a faction locked campaign.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't play in it, but I see no reason why they couldn't have one faction locked campaign.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    no

there is only 1 campaign so how do the other 2/3rd get to play?
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • thegreat_one
    thegreat_one
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gythral wrote: »
    no

I'm not sure i understand this,

We have Vivec (30 day CP)
    Shor (7 day CP) etc.

All i'm saying is they get rid of one low pop one, and add a 30 day faction campaign.
    If you chose to enter the campaign with a DC toon, only other DC toons of yours can enter the campaign.

You'd be free to go to another campaign and use any other faction as a guest / home.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you PvP in your campaign for 24 hours a day? Then congrats, you are already getting a participation trophy. Nobody wins a campaign on their own.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • thegreat_one
    thegreat_one
    ✭✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »
    Do you PvP in your campaign for 24 hours a day? Then congrats, you are already getting a participation trophy. Nobody wins a campaign on their own.

^^^ This was pointless.
    Every player in a campaign wins, no matter which faction they are.

• Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it was one faction-locked campaign, sure.
    The only reason I'm against making them ALL faction-locked, though, is because people need to be able to get Vigor, Caltrops and Warhorn on multiple characters, and most people have characters of every alliance. ... Particularly important during Midyear Mayhem, when there's double AP and you can get those skills real fast on multiple characters that you might not want to use in PvP ever again.
    Don't see any reason why we can't have one faction-locked campaign, though. Not sure why we need it, but I know some people might like it.
  • Athannos
    Athannos
    ✭✭
    Factions suck.
    They do nothing but artificially separate the playerbase and breed resentment between us players, and between players and devs when one faction is considered worse off than another.

I'm very glad they mean very little in ESO!
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We all have our opinions but after seeing how the game was when we did have faction lock I cannot agree with OP. Not having faction lock does not appear to be a real issue that truly effects the outcome of the campaign.

Clearly Zos ended it for a reason. Doubt they will bring it back and they see the real information.

Edit: I have no issue with Zos making a single campaign faction lock, not Vivec, and those that want it can bask in the glory of having one. It would also show if there is serious interest or not.

Also, the poll is meaningless. Forum polls by design are entertainment value only. Statistically speaking. Zos is aware.
    Edited by idk on October 14, 2018 6:13AM
  • fastolfv_ESO
    fastolfv_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the biggest mistake zenimax ever made was trying to remove the alliances to consolidate the population since the pops were dipping, there was and will always be alliance pride in a pvp game
  • essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would prefer if there was no PvP in Cyro at all, but yes being able to Alliance hop all you want is just plain stupid.
    "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Being able to switch sides in a 30 day campaign is just plain stupid.

Anyone can get T3 rewards for any campaign, regardless of which faction they are in. It just becomes a participation reward.
    [snip]

The tier rewards are more of an incentive to actually get people into Cyrodiil in the first place, as far as I can tell.

I really don't understand why people get all panty-twisted over other people getting a little gold and some jewelry for participating in PvP. Without shiny stuff luring casuals (like me) into Cyrodiil, all the dedicated PvPers would have a lot less people to fight, right?
    idk wrote: »
    We all have our opinions but after seeing how the game was when we did have faction lock I cannot agree with OP. Not having faction lock does not appear to be a real issue that truly effects the outcome of the campaign.

Clearly Zos ended it for a reason. Doubt they will bring it back and they see the real information.

Edit: I have no issue with Zos making a single campaign faction lock, not Vivec, and those that want it can bask in the glory of having one. It would also show if there is serious interest or not.

Also, the poll is meaningless. Forum polls by design are entertainment value only. Statistically speaking. Zos is aware.

Pretty much exactly this. I don't see what the big deal is. However, I voted yes, and would have no problem seeing a faction-locked campaign added to the roster, so long as it isn't replacing something people already use and enjoy.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    essi2 wrote: »
    I would prefer if there was no PvP in Cyro at all, but yes being able to Alliance hop all you want is just plain stupid.

Being able to explore Cyrodiil in peace without constantly looking over my shoulder will always be a dream just out of reach.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    one tamriel changed a lot of the original design...

I really wish we could have an opportunity to switch our characters alliances...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. U'd need 3 faction locked campaigns. they would be dominated by one faction each in no time and end up being dead campaigns.
    ppl hop to the winning faction to grind t3, ppl would hop to the winning campaign to grind t3.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gythral wrote: »
    no

Faction-locked campaign means that you can only play for one faction during that campaign. So if I start the campaign as EP, I could only play EP characters on that campaign. This isn't a problem for me, since I only play EP anyway. Some people lke to switch sides, whether that's to even out the population, find good fights, make more AP, spy for the other team, troll with scrolls, swap emperorship, or just play with friends on other factions.

So it doesn't mean that nobody but EP can play in that campaign. It just means that you pick one side and stick with it for the whole campaign.

It would also be an additional campaign, so anyone who wanted to play a different team could, just on a different campaign.
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vivec
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Absolutely, it's not nice killing someone then a few minutes later they're fighting beside you
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »

^^^ This was pointless.
    Every player in a campaign wins, no matter which faction they are.

@thegreat_one

This thread was pointless, then, since your only argument is that people are getting participation trophies. As I was saying, you don't carry your faction. Everything you earn, no matter what faction wins the campaign or how many hours you played, amounts to a participation trophy. If you want something that was all you then go duel someone to get your sense of pride and accomplishment. The campaigns exist as they do now for good reason. It turns out that artificially separating people from playing with their friends was ***, especially after 1T, and if someone wants to make a character of each alliance to play with their friends on all sides then not only is that their right, it's a boon to the health of the community.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • swippy
    swippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eso_nya wrote: »
    No. U'd need 3 faction locked campaigns. they would be dominated by one faction each in no time and end up being dead campaigns.
    ppl hop to the winning faction to grind t3, ppl would hop to the winning campaign to grind t3.

you think so? my campaign switches dominance according to time of day -- predictably and rather reliably -- in the same order the ouroboros turns during loading. is that not common? if everyone behaves the way you predict, i think it'd still get a good spread based on when the newbies checked the map, if my server's not an anomaly.
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only play AD so I already do
  • Garwulf
    Garwulf
    ✭✭✭
    I know a lot of people who left when ZoS changed it so you could play different factions in a campaign on the one account. Was a stupid idea when introduced and is still a stupid idea today.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely would like it. End of scroll and chat trolls, end of spies, end of creating groups just to take randoms out of important fights and many more.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only PvP on my pact characters anyhow, so...
    (the other alts only gop to cyrodil for the quests and skyshards)
  • cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I already play exclusively as AD in EU PC Vivec.

Faction locked campaigns should be the default.
  • randomkeyhits
    randomkeyhits
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as it means all your characters represent that faction for that campaign.

Doesn't matter if they were made as DC or EP or AD, if you choose DC for that campaign then the EP and AD characters will also be DC.

Definitely NOT limit it to only your DC characters can play that campaign.

EU PS4
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as it means all your characters represent that faction for that campaign.

Doesn't matter if they were made as DC or EP or AD, if you choose DC for that campaign then the EP and AD characters will also be DC.

Definitely NOT limit it to only your DC characters can play that campaign.

^ Interesting...first New idea I’ve heard in this convo in years...lol