The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Nerfmire Speedblade - Look ZOS, meta builds can still get around your nerfs

• Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well guys to be honest this game has alot more serious problems that player that run away from you...

If they run away, stand still press control key 5-6 times and i promise you they return back and fight.

Now if they run around a tower and you without speed try and chase them, sorry then you got baited and you must not live + respawn to nearest keep coming sooon.
  • olesmo
    olesmo
    ✭✭✭
    i have already tried such a setup. its not op, you sacrifice alot to get that reduced pot cd
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ShadowProc wrote: »
    Thogard wrote: »
    My guess is that a fair number of the super speed at all times can barely keep track of them on your screen bros will be moving at exactly the same speed after the "nerf".

That's because they are just speed hacking to 100% and capping it there so they don't get caught (bonus points to the ones that carry a piece of gear with "swift" on it to link to anyone that responds incredulously to their constant movement speed.

End of the day... someone running around and attacking people is unlikely to be at speed cap all the time... but the bros are at the cap all of the time and it's mighty suspicious.

The guess is they are just using major pots and minor expedition and the rest is a 3rd party speed altering app. That way they can stack weapon damage (for the "just about dead" to full health vigor they all seem to have).

Much of it "seems possible" with CP. On No CP it doesn't seem possible. But on No CP there they are running around at warp speed, spamming attacks and never running out of resources ever. It's just a bit suspicious, and I guarantee the same group of people doing it now will still be doing it after the patch.

You’ve got to stop with the hackusations.

It’s stupidly easy to hit speed cap right now.

Cp vs no cp has nothing to do with speed

CP vs No CP has nothing to do with speed?

Sustain has nothing to do with speed?

Ability to dodge roll, sprint and overall sustain attacks has nothing to do with CP?

You sure aren't getting to the speed cap without sprinting. But I see people zooming about (usually spamming steel tornado) that don't appear to be sprinting. I'm at speed cap while sprinting and have seen people outrun me or come up from way behind me, but I'm the crazy one here.

It's rather suspicious when you see someone spamming steel tornado, dodge rolling and zipping about like a blur and never ever running out of resources on No CP. I'd be the crazy one if I hadn't (and half the forums hadn't) seen speed hacks in game before, but alas we have and there is little to nothing stopping someone from just capping themselves to not get caught (and "swift" made that easier to do).

For example a certain small group of AD led by a "dog"?

That dog is definitely not a hacker. If he was he wouldn’t lose to me so often ;)

Jk he’s a friend. But yeah def not hacking. Just a Brazilian ping
    Edited by Thogard on October 16, 2018 10:02PM
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• ShadowProc
    ShadowProc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess is that a fair number of the super speed at all times can barely keep track of them on your screen bros will be moving at exactly the same speed after the "nerf".

That's because they are just speed hacking to 100% and capping it there so they don't get caught (bonus points to the ones that carry a piece of gear with "swift" on it to link to anyone that responds incredulously to their constant movement speed.

End of the day... someone running around and attacking people is unlikely to be at speed cap all the time... but the bros are at the cap all of the time and it's mighty suspicious.

The guess is they are just using major pots and minor expedition and the rest is a 3rd party speed altering app. That way they can stack weapon damage (for the "just about dead" to full health vigor they all seem to have).

Much of it "seems possible" with CP. On No CP it doesn't seem possible. But on No CP there they are running around at warp speed, spamming attacks and never running out of resources ever. It's just a bit suspicious, and I guarantee the same group of people doing it now will still be doing it after the patch.

Ability to dodge roll, sprint and overall sustain attacks has nothing to do with CP?

You sure aren't getting to the speed cap without sprinting. But I see people zooming about (usually spamming steel tornado) that don't appear to be sprinting. I'm at speed cap while sprinting and have seen people outrun me or come up from way behind me, but I'm the crazy one here.

It's rather suspicious when you see someone spamming steel tornado, dodge rolling and zipping about like a blur and never ever running out of resources on No CP. I'd be the crazy one if I hadn't (and half the forums hadn't) seen speed hacks in game before, but alas we have and there is little to nothing stopping someone from just capping themselves to not get caught (and "swift" made that easier to do).

That dog is definitely not a hacker. If he was he wouldn’t lose to me so often ;)

Agree to disagree. I know the limits of this game. The whole group I call BS.

Unlimited resources, speed, damage, tankiness, high health. Ya okay bud.

Oh that's right they heavy attack air to maintain their resources.
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Truth is ZoS :rage: up with jewelry traits.

The only reason "speed" was a problem was Swift
    Expedition uptimes where fine
    Forward Momentum was fine (actually the worse morph)

Infused is the same thing, only instead of nerfing the effed jewelry system, they are going to go after potions

ZoS is just cover their tracks :rage::unamused:
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Warden Ice Tank (By far my favorite) -RIP #Nerfmire
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Dragon Knight Healer (Since Homestead)
    Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer,
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unique at BiS lvl, THAT's impressive.

• rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Sounds like my build.

I don't run outta Stam, I'm at cap, I spam spin2win, and roll dodge.

It's because I build for it and have 4 years of experience.

In no CP.

Fair points, except they are moving at that speed while they spin2win. I'm at speed cap while sprinting and they are WAY faster than me... Like, come up from behind without an issue speed.

Yeah if you question how it's always "heavy attack weave lol".

It's pretty incredible.

Problem with it all that I've seen is they never seem to slow down, all while spamming abilities on top of the low to full health vigor (most of the time right past major defile), and have high health, hit for what seems to be stacked weapon damage and they never run out of resources. Just more bros from the same guild "bro'ing it up.

There are a hell of a lot of characters right now that heal to full nearly instantly in NO CP and it doesn't mean a thing if you have major defile on them. Meanwhile with 4k weapon damage my vigor barely moves my health if I have any defile on me.

I only brought up NO CP because it's far harder to hide it there as you always have to make a choice as to what you don't have... and they don't seem to have any weaknesses.

Anyways, we have a new auto defender of any impropriety now, who like the last one.. roams threads that might call out suspicious behavior and insults people. Same tripe as the last one, but this one wears a tie in the middle of day to claim he's just taking a break from big $ "work".
  • mojomood
    mojomood
    ✭✭✭

So only nerf magicka builds who finally have mobility? No. The change should be that swift and major/minor shouldn't stack. So magic builds that dont have access to 100% uptime on major expedition can get some speed at the cost of resources.

Too late though. Get ready for a slow, tanky meta.

Some people will try that Argonian idea but just know that it gives up 524 base damage because in addition to losing resources from the jewelry, you also lose the damage enchants.

Comparing Clever backbar to 7th or Fury, you also trade a line of stam for health or a line of weapon damage for a line of health.

So now the total lost is either 653 non-buffed damage or 524 non-buffed damage and 1096 stam.

IMO, it gives up too much for the speed considering the cost of pots every 24 seconds.
    Edited by mojomood on October 18, 2018 5:13PM
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mojomood wrote: »

So only nerf magicka builds who finally have mobility? No. The change should be that swift and major/minor shouldn't stack. So magic builds that dont have access to 100% uptime on major expedition can get some speed at the cost of resources.

Too late though. Get ready for a slow, tanky meta.

Some people will try that Argonian idea but just know that it gives up 524 base damage because in addition to losing resources from the jewelry, you also lose the damage enchants.

Comparing Clever backbar to 7th or Fury, you also trade a line of stam for health or a line of weapon damage for a line of health.

So now the total lost is either 653 non-buffed damage or 524 non-buffed damage and 1096 stam.

IMO, it gives up too much for the speed considering the cost of pots every 24 seconds.

Yes and no.
    First ZoS effed up with Jewelry
    Bloodthirsty — Increase execute damage by 20% when enemy is below 25% - Over tuned, should be like 50% for all 3
    Harmony — Increase the effectiveness of any Synergies by 35% - OP as hell, only balanced by the skill it takes to use effectively
    Infused — Increase the effect of the enchantment by 60% - Over tuned, it should be like 20% each
    Triune — Increase Maximum Health, Maximum Magicka and Maximum Stamina by 435 - the only new one thats actually balanced. Its the prismatic of jewelry
    Protective — Increase Physical Resistance by 1844 - About as useful as Nirned Armor :unamused: If you want Resistance you are already capped.

Speed in particular is the only one that has unmitigated stacking. None of the others are buffed by something else except the low uptime of execute skills.
    I agree that Swift should be primary used for builds lacking speed in the first place. While making it not stack would be an option, it would be clunky. The solution is diminishing returns.
    Change the way its calculated, thats all. Make it so that on a build with base speed its as good as running Major & Minor Expedition for 3 piece, but make that same 3 piece worth no more than Minor Expedition when run on a build which already has Major & Minor. Making it only buff movement speed and not Sprint Speed wouldn't be bad either
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

• mojomood
    mojomood
    ✭✭✭
    Bloodthirsty — Increase execute damage by 20% when enemy is below 25% - Over tuned, should be like 50% for all 3
    Harmony — Increase the effectiveness of any Synergies by 35% - OP as hell, only balanced by the skill it takes to use effectively
    Infused — Increase the effect of the enchantment by 60% - Over tuned, it should be like 20% each
    Triune — Increase Maximum Health, Maximum Magicka and Maximum Stamina by 435 - the only new one thats actually balanced. Its the prismatic of jewelry
    Protective — Increase Physical Resistance by 1844 - About as useful as Nirned Armor :unamused: If you want Resistance you are already capped.

Speed in particular is the only one that has unmitigated stacking. None of the others are buffed by something else except the low uptime of execute skills.
    I agree that Swift should be primary used for builds lacking speed in the first place. While making it not stack would be an option, it would be clunky. The solution is diminishing returns.
    Change the way its calculated, thats all. Make it so that on a build with base speed its as good as running Major & Minor Expedition for 3 piece, but make that same 3 piece worth no more than Minor Expedition when run on a build which already has Major & Minor. Making it only buff movement speed and not Sprint Speed wouldn't be bad either

Yes and no.

Correction: Bloodthirsty is 10%, so 30% total.
    As for the others, they are balanced because of the opportunity cost. For instance, infused must be gold to get a net higher weapon damage than resource + damage enchant. So it's slightly more damage at the cost of sustain. Put it on sorcs or wardens who have passives to increase their weapon damage and this can be OP but that is because it was built around.

Also, fun fact...Major Expedition + Minor Expedition is actually 43% speed because the minor applies to the movement speed including major. I do agree that diminishing returns would be good on this.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds like my build.

In no CP.

Fair points, except they are moving at that speed while they spin2win. I'm at speed cap while sprinting and they are WAY faster than me... Like, come up from behind without an issue speed.

It's pretty incredible.

Problem with it all that I've seen is they never seem to slow down, all while spamming abilities on top of the low to full health vigor (most of the time right past major defile), and have high health, hit for what seems to be stacked weapon damage and they never run out of resources. Just more bros from the same guild "bro'ing it up.

There are a hell of a lot of characters right now that heal to full nearly instantly in NO CP and it doesn't mean a thing if you have major defile on them. Meanwhile with 4k weapon damage my vigor barely moves my health if I have any defile on me.

I only brought up NO CP because it's far harder to hide it there as you always have to make a choice as to what you don't have... and they don't seem to have any weaknesses.

Anyways, we have a new auto defender of any impropriety now, who like the last one.. roams threads that might call out suspicious behavior and insults people. Same tripe as the last one, but this one wears a tie in the middle of day to claim he's just taking a break from big $ "work".

Wait are you saying that I’m secretly unemployed and wear a tie occasionally in early afternoon vids because I want to trick people into thinking I have a job?

You found me out. It’s definitely not that I have a variable schedule and might have to go back in to the office. It’s all an elaborate ruse from the illuminati who run cheat engine.

Edited by Thogard on October 18, 2018 8:46PM
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

• enzoisadog
    enzoisadog
    ✭✭✭✭
    lul
    NA-PC
    Ballgroup enjoyer also known as the best ballgroup player.
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait are you saying that I’m secretly unemployed and wear a tie occasionally in early afternoon vids because I want to trick people into thinking I have a job?

You found me out. It’s definitely not that I have a variable schedule and might have to go back in to the office. It’s all an elaborate ruse from the illuminati who run cheat engine.

I knew it! :scream::scream::scream::scream:
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Major
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Others

• rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Sounds like my build.

In no CP.

It's pretty incredible.

Normal people take the tie off and unbutton a couple of buttons, just so you know. No one leaves the tie on because "I might get a call".. it's a tie, it's not hard to put back on... I don't and have never known anyone that kept the tie on past having to wear it... But, keep on with your stories and self promotion. Few that takes games so seriously are ever what they claim to be outside it, that's 20+ years of experience in mmo's and the self centered egomaniacs in them. Just for future reference, it might be a great point to show your twitch followers a "taking the tie off freedom moment", because that's what everyone else does.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds like my build.

In no CP.

It's pretty incredible.

Normal people take the tie off and unbutton a couple of buttons, just so you know. No one leaves the tie on because "I might get a call".. it's a tie, it's not hard to put back on... I don't and have never known anyone that kept the tie on past having to wear it... But, keep on with your stories and self promotion. Few that takes games so seriously are ever what they claim to be outside it, that's 20+ years of experience in mmo's and the self centered egomaniacs in them. Just for future reference, it might be a great point to show your twitch followers a "taking the tie off freedom moment", because that's what everyone else does.

I streamed with a tie on only once in the last year and it was the first day of CP BGs during my lunch break.

What exactly do you think I do? I don’t really talk about my job much... and it’s not like wearing a tie is considered that prestigious lol. I could be a used car salesman for all you know.

twitch.tv/thogardpvp

Plz show me something that wasn’t recorded during west coast work hours where I’m wearing a tie

This is actually the most hilarious thing I’ve ever read. The conspiracy just keeps running deeper. But honestly I’m just flattered that you’ve watched my stream at some point :)

Btw the reason I won’t post anything about my job is because my LinkedIn profile has already been doxxed and I can’t take that risk again.
    Edited by Thogard on October 19, 2018 5:17PM