The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Nerfmire Speedblade - Look ZOS, meta builds can still get around your nerfs

• WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MrTtheDK wrote: »

That is a huge sacrifice in terms of functionality.
    A. You have to be an Argonian.
    B. You have to be in CP (Stam would be so low in CP)
    C. You're overall damage in terms of max stats and WD is significantly less in compared to this meta.

ZoS has already adjusted the meta significantly they dont need to nerf it further because of a niche build that you came up with. That would pretty much remove all movement speed to respond to one build that you made in an editor online. I am trying to be disrespectful but you need to look at the overall picture.

At this point they can't hit Major Expedition any harder. They have left no wiggle room, they hit it on the head with a rock. So the only thing I'm risking (not really imo) here is an Argonian nerf? Versus getting my playstyle unnerfed? Yeah, the lizards can be collateral for all I care but I'm not calling for nerfs here.
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as my NB can still do this, I’m happy:

https://clips.twitch.tv/ImpossibleFancySnakeM4xHeh
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• AlexTheLion
    AlexTheLion
    ✭✭✭
    I highly doubt you could kill any competent player with this build.
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I highly doubt you could kill any competent player with this build.

lol
    PC NA

• KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't @BohnT make this build but for magblade instead.
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

how did the second guy even do that???? lol
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You'll be happy to know that you can do that from 28m away next update!
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say the investment is fair considering all of the boxes that need to be checked to achieve such. They want you to have to invest more into speed.

You say you don't want anything nerfed. So what's the purpose of this thread then?
    That's been my understanding of most balance since Morrowind. They want players to have to invest in something to get something back.

We still have a little way to go though.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingJ wrote: »

A 4th grader could make this build. So many NB's showing up to nitpick or make fun lol. This is about Major Expedition changes not your braindead easy class.

PC NA

• KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A 4th grader could make this build. So many NB's showing up to nitpick or make fun lol. This is about Major Expedition changes not your braindead easy class.
    K i guess a NB pissed in your cheerios.
    If NB was so braindead easy why can you kill 90% of them by slotting steel nado?If Nb was so OP no one could kill a Noob playing one we know thats not the case.

I wasn't making fun or nitpicking your build I'm just pointing out someone made the build during summerset and probably better on magblade.
    Personally I believe your building to the extreme tor no reasom if you want to play this that's your provocative.
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If NB was so braindead easy why can you kill 90% of them by slotting steel nado?If Nb was so OP no one could kill a Noob playing one we know thats not the case.

I wasn't making fun or nitpicking your build I'm just pointing out someone made the build during summerset and probably better on magblade.
    Personally I believe your building to the extreme tor no reasom if you want to play this that's your provocative.

Alright man. Lemme walk it back a bit, NB is overtuned imo but nothing is braindead easy to play at a high level.

Just getting pissed that ppl are acting like I'm trying to showcase a build or smth. It took 3 min to think of this and make it with build editor. The main point is that the build is solo open world capable with high Major Expedition uptime and that's one of the defining characteristics of being solo PvP capable. And that's getting taken away from so many other builds it sucks. It really does. But my bad @KingJ didn't mean to snap. This **** pisses me off is all.
    PC NA

• Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, to be clear, with infused jewelry the potion cooldown reduction glyph is 8 seconds not 5. Enabling you to drink a potion every 21 seconds. So that's 6 seconds of downtime on Major Expedition for every 15 seconds with. UESP Build Editor doesn't apply infused trait to the number for some reason. And this build is worth using for that reason alone.

I for one plan on running this build next patch if they ruin all my other fun builds I would rather play. I will encourage others to do the same and hopefully Cyrodiil will be full of potion chugging speedy lizards. Starting to not care anymore. I theorycraft fun builds that I enjoy playing, and they routinely get nerfed. But nothing comes close to this. Trust me, I don't want to play an Argonian.

PUT THE BRAKES ON THESE SPEED NERFS

Blackmail and threats will get you nowhere. In fact, attitudes like yours make it less likely that we can sway the devs to lighten up on these speed nerfs and, thanks to people like you, your threats and blackmail may be the impetus for yet another round of nerfs.
    Edited by Maryal on October 11, 2018 10:35PM
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maryal wrote: »
    Also, to be clear, with infused jewelry the potion cooldown reduction glyph is 8 seconds not 5. Enabling you to drink a potion every 21 seconds. So that's 6 seconds of downtime on Major Expedition for every 15 seconds with. UESP Build Editor doesn't apply infused trait to the number for some reason. And this build is worth using for that reason alone.

I for one plan on running this build next patch if they ruin all my other fun builds I would rather play. I will encourage others to do the same and hopefully Cyrodiil will be full of potion chugging speedy lizards. Starting to not care anymore. I theorycraft fun builds that I enjoy playing, and they routinely get nerfed. But nothing comes close to this. Trust me, I don't want to play an Argonian.

PUT THE BRAKES ON THESE SPEED NERFS

Blackmail and threats will get you nowhere. In fact, attitudes like yours make it less likely that we can sway the devs to lighten up on these speed nerfs and may very well trigger another round of nerfs.

The beatings will continue until morale improves.
    PC NA

• killimandrosb16_ESO
    killimandrosb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive tried to avoid this discussion, but lets sit down a bit and think about why this nerf actually happens firstplace; This is my own personal experience fighting max speed players btw. First of all, I casually wander along with the zerg but I have yet to see speed stacking players attack it (personal experience). What I DO see, are these scenarios; I ride alone, and get attacked by 3-5 of these speed monsters. Theres nothing I can do, which is fair enough, as any outnumbered gank should lead to death. The other situation I experience these are around sejanus bridge and/or resource towers running around followed by 3-4 pugs until they have their ultimate charged.
    My problem with the speed stackers, isnt that I cant survive, for a while, but I cant hit them. With the lag in cyrodiil, theres no way I can manage to land anything, and this I guess is where the problem is. On my magsorc, the streaking stallion, they easily catch up to me, and when they do, I cant hit them back. On my magplar RIDING, they can catch up to me. I know they can so I dismount places runes etc. I mean, I can hold for a while, but I cant hit them. I cant hit them. Read that again; theres NO way I can HIT THEM, and it doesnt happen in a zerg, it happens when I roam around alone. Never seen them close to a zerg. They vanish, run away. Fair enough. But is it fair the majority, to my experience of the speed stackers, wait until they have one or two alone, then rush in knowing they cant be HIT? Good nerf. Thank you.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

NB is an extremely hard class to play. Most people don’t understand how difficult it is. I used to make outrageous claims about the NB, but now that I play one I truly understand the skillful play involved.

Here’s a video of me on NB demonstrating the complexity of the class:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BPZpSw68Yz8
    Edited by Thogard on October 12, 2018 12:16AM
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

• nryerson1025
    nryerson1025
    ✭✭✭✭
    and with race against time and prisoners or just semi high mag regen, you could pretty much sprint forever.

also coward's gear
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭

NB is an extremely hard class to play. Most people don’t understand how difficult it is. I used to make outrageous claims about the NB, but now that I play one I truly understand the skillful play involved.

Here’s a video of me on NB demonstrating the complexity of the class:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BPZpSw68Yz8

Can u do one with no hands next ? I have a build for you :D
    Can't share here though coz you know might become NB meta
    Edited by PhoenixGrey on October 13, 2018 6:48PM
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Worst part is blowblades are getting indirect buffs thanks to Nerfmire. Sniping from safety has never been easier!
    PC NA

• TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, gonna be a blast getting draining shot-spammed from max range by zerglings. The break-free on that skill is even buggier than rune cage ever was.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheYKcid wrote: »
    Yeah, gonna be a blast getting draining shot-spammed from max range by zerglings. The break-free on that skill is even buggier than rune cage ever was.
    Don’t try to fight it. Join it!

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hrm, persuasive argument you give there @Thogard mayhaps I just do that very thing...

Hrm but what to drop....
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Hrm, persuasive argument you give there @Thogard mayhaps I just do that very thing...

Hrm but what to drop....

Only your self-respect.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hrm but what to drop....

Only your self-respect.

Self Respect got nerfed three patch cycles ago. It's now underperforming and no longer slotted on most builds.

Quoth the wrobel: "I get along just fine without it, and so can you!"
    Edited by Thogard on October 14, 2018 11:48AM

• rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My guess is that a fair number of the super speed at all times can barely keep track of them on your screen bros will be moving at exactly the same speed after the "nerf".

That's because they are just speed hacking to 100% and capping it there so they don't get caught (bonus points to the ones that carry a piece of gear with "swift" on it to link to anyone that responds incredulously to their constant movement speed.

End of the day... someone running around and attacking people is unlikely to be at speed cap all the time... but the bros are at the cap all of the time and it's mighty suspicious.

The guess is they are just using major pots and minor expedition and the rest is a 3rd party speed altering app. That way they can stack weapon damage (for the "just about dead" to full health vigor they all seem to have).

Much of it "seems possible" with CP. On No CP it doesn't seem possible. But on No CP there they are running around at warp speed, spamming attacks and never running out of resources ever. It's just a bit suspicious, and I guarantee the same group of people doing it now will still be doing it after the patch.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess is that a fair number of the super speed at all times can barely keep track of them on your screen bros will be moving at exactly the same speed after the "nerf".

That's because they are just speed hacking to 100% and capping it there so they don't get caught (bonus points to the ones that carry a piece of gear with "swift" on it to link to anyone that responds incredulously to their constant movement speed.

End of the day... someone running around and attacking people is unlikely to be at speed cap all the time... but the bros are at the cap all of the time and it's mighty suspicious.

The guess is they are just using major pots and minor expedition and the rest is a 3rd party speed altering app. That way they can stack weapon damage (for the "just about dead" to full health vigor they all seem to have).

Much of it "seems possible" with CP. On No CP it doesn't seem possible. But on No CP there they are running around at warp speed, spamming attacks and never running out of resources ever. It's just a bit suspicious, and I guarantee the same group of people doing it now will still be doing it after the patch.

You’ve got to stop with the hackusations.

It’s stupidly easy to hit speed cap right now.

Cp vs no cp has nothing to do with speed

• rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

CP vs No CP has nothing to do with speed?

Sustain has nothing to do with speed?

Ability to dodge roll, sprint and overall sustain attacks has nothing to do with CP?

You sure aren't getting to the speed cap without sprinting. But I see people zooming about (usually spamming steel tornado) that don't appear to be sprinting. I'm at speed cap while sprinting and have seen people outrun me or come up from way behind me, but I'm the crazy one here.

It's rather suspicious when you see someone spamming steel tornado, dodge rolling and zipping about like a blur and never ever running out of resources on No CP. I'd be the crazy one if I hadn't (and half the forums hadn't) seen speed hacks in game before, but alas we have and there is little to nothing stopping someone from just capping themselves to not get caught (and "swift" made that easier to do).
  • Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok who cares.
    We nerfed OP shields.
    We will nerf whatever is op in 5-6 years as long as they dont belong to mighty forum whineblades, they shall remain untouched.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ability to dodge roll, sprint and overall sustain attacks has nothing to do with CP?

You sure aren't getting to the speed cap without sprinting. But I see people zooming about (usually spamming steel tornado) that don't appear to be sprinting. I'm at speed cap while sprinting and have seen people outrun me or come up from way behind me, but I'm the crazy one here.

It's rather suspicious when you see someone spamming steel tornado, dodge rolling and zipping about like a blur and never ever running out of resources on No CP. I'd be the crazy one if I hadn't (and half the forums hadn't) seen speed hacks in game before, but alas we have and there is little to nothing stopping someone from just capping themselves to not get caught (and "swift" made that easier to do).

Watch Lord_Varxent streaming on twitch

• ShadowProc
    ShadowProc
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For example a certain small group of AD led by a "dog"?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds like my build.

I don't run outta Stam, I'm at cap, I spam spin2win, and roll dodge.

It's because I build for it and have 4 years of experience.

In no CP.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds