The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

If u could choosw only one of two...

ryh
ryh
✭✭✭
Just for fun... ;)
Edited by ryh on October 9, 2018 7:59AM

If u could choosw only one of two... 68 votes

Don't want any new zones/DLCs/chapters untill all bugs/problems solved (high ping and fps drop on PvP/trials, block/sprint bug, long loading screen, swap bar stuck bug, buggy finder)
79%
Springt-Über-ZwergeRikumarufalcasternub18_ESOTonno_SenSeiStreegaaeowulfArcirispieratsosMojomonkeymanFearlessOne_2014SarevoccOrphanHelgenReverbDerraStrider__RoshintemplesusTrinityBreakerRebornV3xMaster_KasDracan_Fontom 54 votes
Want new zones/DLCs/chapters and do not care about bugs/problems fixes
20%
kypranb14_ESOGhanima_AtreidesCillion3117Synapsis123susmitdsDionysusjeedrzejTyrobagSilverIce58eso_nyaKitty_QuietlyTPishekStarlockTiZzA93 14 votes
  • ryh
    ryh
    ✭✭✭
    Don't want any new zones/DLCs/chapters untill all bugs/problems solved (high ping and fps drop on PvP/trials, block/sprint bug, long loading screen, swap bar stuck bug, buggy finder)
    Spell mistakes... Wrote on phone during party. :)
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ryh wrote: »
    Spell mistakes... Wrote on phone during party. :)

Must have been some party...
    Playing since beta...
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would pay money for a balance, lag and bug fix dlc much more than some dumb new zone.
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is the closest answer to wanting them to stop nerfing everything in sight. I'd rather fall through the world collision once a day then have to rebuild half my characters every three months.
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    more than 4 years of blanacing, ppl r still crying "nerf all the things", the fotm wheels spins continiously replacing one meta with another.

id happily have more focus on new zones and stories and dungeons and trials with real mechanics, that r so fun to play, that u do them for the sake of doing them and not because u need to run it a thousand times before a desired item drops.
  • Dionysus
    Dionysus
    ✭✭✭
    In ZOS's defense, and because they won't say it / it sounds mean and they don't want to alienate players, I think a lot of "bugs" are problems with your end.

I know these things are a luxury, but if gaming on a millisecond-competitive basis and having <10 second load screen time is important to you and is something you want to invest in, and you can do at least some of these, it REALLY helps:

- Have a wired mouse
    - Have a wired keyboard
    - Have your computer wired to a physical, ethernet cable for internet
    - Key-bind actions that need to be done quickly (dodge roll, potion switching, etc)
    - Have an i5 or i7 CPU
    - Have a high-level graphics card
    - Have 8-16 GB RAM
    - Have a solid state drive
    - Have 100 Mbps download and upload speed
    - Avoid 30 vs 30 fights and enjoy Battlegrounds, Imperial City, dueling, and intense 4-person vet content, all of which ZOS has added to the game which indirectly alleviates the inherent problems with mass scale play for users without the above

If I ever have a load screen that lasts more than 10 seconds (rare), it's because my internet dropped or some other error on my end. My ping is 6 when I start the game, and double digits during most trials, maybe ~120 in PVP. My FPS is essentially stuck at 60.

The water in Cyrodiil ripples with intermittent reflected sunlight and shadows from the nearby bridges as a thousand AOE player effects go off in the background. It really is a well-designed, well-coded game. I'm just saying this to compare what to expect when all user-end variables are eliminated, and how little "bugs" affect performance.

If you aren't on a PC server then you are dealing with the limitations of consoles, not anything ZOS did.

If you are in a country with a poor ping or live far from your local internet server, that is unfortunate and not fair because it's out of your control, but it is also out of ZOS's control.

ZOS has already worked hard on optimizing their coding which is noted in several patch notes, and any further work has a limited return on productivity.
    Wraith Maker | Magicka Nightblade (PVP / PVE)
    Sorceress | Magicka Sorcerer (PVP)
  • Mintaka5
    Mintaka5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dionysus wrote: »
    - Have a wired mouse
    - Have a wired keyboard
    - Have your computer wired to a physical, ethernet cable for internet
    - Key-bind actions that need to be done quickly (dodge roll, potion switching, etc)
    - Have an i5 or i7 CPU
    - Have a high-level graphics card
    - Have 8-16 GB RAM
    - Have a solid state drive
    - Have 100 Mbps download and upload speed
    - Avoid 30 vs 30 fights and enjoy Battlegrounds, Imperial City, dueling, and intense 4-person vet content, all of which ZOS has added to the game which indirectly alleviates the inherent problems with mass scale play for users without the above

Nope! It's not on our end, or at least my end based on your above specs. My specs meet or exceed yours, and I still experience the same issues that everyone else mentions. I don't know how you can even justify poor quality in contrast to a tidal wave of people experiencing aggravating problems with this game.

I have yet to experience problems even remotely close to this in other MMOs I play, especially in large grouped content. Sure things get laggy, or experience a drop out every once in a while in other games, but it's nowhere even close to the level of poor quality control ZOS has over this game. They are primarily focused on quantity of content over the quality of the game experience (I'll exclude the art work though; very well done).

• Cillion3117
    Cillion3117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In a game this complex, there will always be bugs. Give me new zones with new bugs any day!
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hope next year we get one or two quality of life updates
  • PathwayM
    PathwayM
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tyrobag wrote: »
    This is the closest answer to wanting them to stop nerfing everything in sight. I'd rather fall through the world collision once a day then have to rebuild half my characters every three months.

Nerfing one set is literally the same as buffing every other set in the game above that one set's power level. Either way you'd want to replace your gear. Nerfing sets is actually far more logical and efficient than buffing 182347837843 other sets. And besides, let's be real here, if they buffed every other set how many bugs do you think would get introduced? :)
  • KaiDynasty
    KaiDynasty
    ✭✭✭
    The problem is that they don't get money from fixing bugs while spamming new DLCs and contents will provide them money from the people who are enough patient to deal with all the **** this game has to offer.
    God i am one of them.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The idea behind the poll follows the same flawed thinking the previous ones did.

1. Those that work on bugs are not the same ones the create content.
    2. The exodus of players will be much more significant that players leaving due to long load screens and not being able top swap bars from time to time. This was extremely clear after the first year of the game when Zos ceased delivering new content in favor of porting the game to consoles. Major loss of players.

So, yea, ceasing creating new content is a great idea if we want to lose a significant part of the player base.

Of course the poll was designed to be biased since there is not a reasonable no answer.
    Edited by idk on October 9, 2018 6:48AM