The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Why was VO, Quick Serpent, and Dreugh King Slayer nerfed, but not Skooma Smuggler?

templesus
templesus
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
The aforementioned were nerfed because they "provided too long of uptime on major expedition" yet Skooma provides 30 seconds of it after drinking a potion...is there a reason it was not nerfed as well?
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably the set is so unkown that even ZoS does not know of its existence :trollface:
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering Zos stated they are still looking at speed pots, it may come with that.
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Skooma Smuggler doesnt give anything besides major expedition, and to get a 100% uptime you need to have at least 2 infused potion CD glyphs or wear jorvulds guidance in conjunction. You'd have to give up a lot to make it work in the first place.
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Asking the important questions...
  • StamWhipCultist
    StamWhipCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its because skooma smuggler is light armor set.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really detest these types of threads lol.

Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    had a good laugh +1 OP :trollface:
  • TheCyberDruid
    TheCyberDruid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Hey, Queenie! You missed a mage!" ;)
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Masel92 wrote: »
    Skooma Smuggler doesnt give anything besides major expedition, and to get a 100% uptime you need to have at least 2 infused potion CD glyphs or wear jorvulds guidance in conjunction. You'd have to give up a lot to make it work in the first place.

Nobody was talking about 100% uptime, VO/QS/DKS only lasts for 20 seconds and even then that’s only when you kill something.. dreugh king slayer only gives the major expedition as well (nobody sane will count the major brutality) so what exactly am I missing here? Bias?

Take for example a 1v1 scenario: Skooma will have use of its 5 pc for 66% uptime, DKS will have exactly 0%

Take for example a 1vX scenario: DKS will likely have higher uptime so long as you are maintaining skills

Both have drawbacks and both are situational, so why was one nerfed and not the other? Serious, unbiased question here.
    Edited by templesus on October 8, 2018 3:32PM
  • Dashmatt
    Dashmatt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because, somehow, that set needs a nerf even less than the other 3 did.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Hey, Queenie! You missed a mage!" ;)

Uncle Sheo is the best.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't worry I'm sure it was not an intentional omission and it will not survive Nerfmire.
    Playing since beta...
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nothing like the community asking ZOS to updated underused 5pc sets and then making a thread asking they nerf one of them because their niche build got deleted lol.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    nothing like the community asking ZOS to updated underused 5pc sets and then making a thread asking they nerf one of them because their niche build got deleted lol.

It's more pointing out the fact that they're trying to standardize everything but keep missing stuff.

They either need to be consistent in their changes or leave things as is
    Valrien Dravic -- Level 50 Dunmeri Sorcerer (EP)
    Garahel Dravic -- Level 50 Bosmeri Nightblade (EP)
    Tamriel Unlimited was a mistake. One Tamriel was a bigger mistake
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Niche build? I literally don’t run any of those sets. I don’t understand why you think I’m pushing my own agenda here. Like I stated this is a serious unbiased question why one was nerfed and other wasn’t.

As stated above it’s about zenimax being consistent in what they do. Sorry if you planned on running Skooma next patch😐
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valrien wrote: »

It's more pointing out the fact that they're trying to standardize everything but keep missing stuff.

templesus wrote: »

Niche build? I literally don’t run any of those sets. I don’t understand why you think I’m pushing my own agenda here. Like I stated this is a serious unbiased question why one was nerfed and other wasn’t.

As stated above it’s about zenimax being consistent in what they do. Sorry if you planned on running Skooma next patch😐

Except what will happen is this set will get nerfed, and then none of the speed changes will be revised.
    So all it's doing is creating noise lol.

Ive said many times that solution to speed was:
    - keep forward momentum nerf
    - revert swift nerfs
    - revert major expedition nerfs
    - add speed cap or diminishing returns.

Stop letting the devs get away with lazy fixes lol.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Except what will happen is this set will get nerfed, and then none of the speed changes will be revised.

- revert swift nerfs

Do you actually believe these Devs will do that lmao?
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

- revert swift nerfs

If everyone keeps making noise threads like this, no.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

- revert swift nerfs

If everyone keeps making noise threads like this, no.

I've already accepted they wouldn't revert it because the Class Reps told them in the meeting it was a terrible idea to nerf expedition and they still did it. I'll continue to probe as to why zenimax is not remaining consistent, thanks for voicing your concern.
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    likely gonna happen: speed stays nerfed for a patch or two so people trait change rings and swap gear, then they revert the changes so things are balanced and people can re-grind
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh come on! Shut up!!
  • NoTimeToWait
    NoTimeToWait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's just simple protectionism. This one offers an opinion: skooma dealers have connections in ZOS, and seeing all recent patches, one has to question if they were conceived in a skooma induced dream. Or maybe it's just this one is in a skooma dream and will someday wake up. Unfortunately, with skooma you never know if it is you or the others are dreaming
    Edited by NoTimeToWait on October 9, 2018 9:10AM
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Masel92 wrote: »

Not really. With two infused potion CD glyphs you can run a quad buff potion the normal spell power pots now with 30 seconds of Major expedition. You will be able to keep a 100% buff on all four buff three from the potion and the speed buff.

Now if you go all Infused and CD glyphs and had some Clever Alchemist you should dance around your enemies and lay down some serious damage. So ZoS is less worried about Players have 100% uptime and more worried about stamina having 100% up time. There is no balance here.
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Quick serpent was overperforming AF. The 5th piece bonus have been absolutely BIS for years now. Finally they took their precious time to look into this set. It have been a high priority for a long time, and finally they found out the reason why this set is so broken it literally ruins the game. As far as I understand it, a simple change in numbers on a set isn't that easy, so lets all appretiate this change as it's a job that will take months and even years to complete.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

potions have a cooldown already - killing things does not have a cooldown.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

potions have a cooldown already - killing things does not have a cooldown.

uptime =\= cooldown

It’s a common misconception. It’s far to situational to compare the uptime of either set, but just because it doesn’t have a cooldown does not mean it has more uptime.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Checkmath wrote: »
    Probably the set is so unkown that even ZoS does not know of its existence :trollface:

This!
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Checkmath wrote: »

This!

Well I am suprised, how my first post got so many agrees, insightfuls and awesomes....
  • Witar
    Witar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cause smuggling skooma is a hard business

gallery_101_240_26823.jpg.ab1fa6bf47647e5e5fafc5232f7e0408.jpg
    It cannot be seen, cannot be felt,
    Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt,
    It lies behind stars and under hills,
    And empty holes it fills,
    It comes first and follows after,
    Ends life, kills laughter.
  • PathwayM
    PathwayM
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because no one is going to use that garbage set anyway. The nerfs to the sets in OP are likely for the purpose of reducing their appeal in pvp since they will still remain completely effective at what they were already doing in pve.

No one is going to use skooma smuggler in pvp or pve anyway so it really isn't even worth the consideration especially since coward's set exists already.