The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Idea for Lorebook Furnishing

spartaxoxo
spartaxoxo
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
What if you could get an item from doing new dailies in Eyevea. 10 of them would combine in to a "Lens of Scrying," or some other such name. The quest giver would be Valaste, so you'd have to spare her to take them. She would also only allow you to take on these tasks if you had reached Mages Guild 10.

You could use this lens, plus the individual book chapters from Shalidor's library, to make a book into a collected volume.

So for example all of the individual books from Divinies and Deities would become a single book called "Divines and Deities, a collection." And you could place that book inside your home. Once you open that book you can read all of the stories from it at once, lowering the amount of furnishings you need to accomplish this same task.

Once you have all of the collections, you could then take one final task from Valaste.

She would send you on an errand that would require you to procure 10 lorebooks, including the final one at the end of vet AA. (Hardmode not required)

From this she will then gain the knowledge necessary to take your lens and perfect it. You could trade her 10 lens for a perfect lens, the first one is free.

1 perfect lens + 1 Volume

Turns the book into the its "definitive edition."

This would include a new forward by Valaste. And once you or a visitor who has obtained a new title, they can read that book to gain all of the knowledge of that collection. Which means you wouldn't need to find all the lorebooks in them again.

The new title would be obtained by doing the following tasks

1. Complete one collection
2. Finish the mages guild storyline (any ending)
3. Complete 5 mages guild daily (adjustable)

Why would they need a title? So devs can work it out so that reading someone else's collection isn't something that can be knocked it out in a day. This way it may be still be attractive to some players to just find the books themselves.

However those who don't mind the wait, but hate the chore of finding them or grinding the same daily over and over again can just read them at your house. And people who are rank 10 but haven't found all the books can read them at your place.
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like your idea. But it does not really need to be a single, longer book. It can be a row of books which you could put on book shelves.

Because of the item count limitations I cannot make a big library with all the lore books in my house (which I would like very much). So a solution to this would be great!
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kind_hero wrote: »
    I like your idea. But it does not really need to be a single, longer book. It can be a row of books which you could put on book shelves.

Because of the item count limitations I cannot make a big library with all the lore books in my house (which I would like very much). So a solution to this would be great!

It would need to be one item to reduce the furnishing count. It can be designed to look like a stack though.
  • Alexsae
    Alexsae
    ✭✭✭
    I love your idea. I would also be happy if they gave lore books their own furnishing category, similar to trophies, with enough space to handle them all. The special edition books could still be fit into the regular furnishing category. Somehow, someway something has to happen with books so we can make a library!