The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Servers

Trancestor
Trancestor
✭✭✭✭✭
Fix your piece of trash servers ZOS, it's not even about too many players in a single campaign (even tho you could help with that by actually enforcing the pop lock because atm every faction can go way above it), even if the server is nowhere near pop lock, you engage with one player and skills start to desync, lag and feel unresponsive. Why is it that whenever theres a pvp event the servers feel way less laggy? That just proves that you can actually do something about it but you choose not to. Your servers at the moment are ABSOLUTE TRASH.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm curious. How exactly do you think players are bypassing the pop lock and queue to go "way above" what ZOS has allowed?
  • Trancestor
    Trancestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm curious. How exactly do you think players are bypassing the pop lock and queue to go "way above" what ZOS has allowed?
    Most of the time even when all factions are pop locked you can still enter Vivec without a queue, only when it's really prime time does it actually put you in a queue.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trancestor wrote: »
    Most of the time even when all factions are pop locked you can still enter Vivec without a queue, only when it's really prime time does it actually put you in a queue.

Yes. The queue generally doesnt start right away. It does, however, start pretty quickly in ny experience with my guildies.

So I'd argue that:
    A. We arent going "way above" that number. Sure, I cant prove that because ZOS will never release that number. But in my experience, a queue starts pretty quick after pop lock when people are logging on for primetime. During shift changes where people log on and off a lot, we might stay in that "poplocked, no queue" state for a awhile.
    B. ZOS clearly designed it that way, so I dont see the problem.

And finally, Cyrodiil is designed for a much higher population than we currently have, and its suffering due to low population due to performance issues.

We see this with dead campaigns, emp swapping, and even the lack of battles spread out across the map. There just arent enough players to have good battles all over the map. Its a lot easily to have lopsided campaign scores with Low population and low competition. Low population is a problem.

The answer isnt to cut the population. That makes Cyrodiil's problems worse in the long run.

The only answer thats going to save Cyrodiil in the long run is to fix the lag and persistent performance issues. And that's 100% on ZOS. Cyrodiil used to be able to handle many more players than we do now and it was a healthier PVP game mode for it.
  • Trancestor
    Trancestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't matter anyway we can talk about it forever nothing will change, the patch where they said they implemented multi-core support which will result in much better performance and that patch only made fps and lag way worse proves that the situation will only get worse with time.
  • An_An
    An_An
    ✭✭✭
    I think the inclusion of more outposts in the next DLC this problem may exacerbate this issue (not to mention the temporary hype generated pop that will surely break Vivec).

One can only hope ZOS has given this the appropriate thought, PvP is a complete joke with even a 0.5 sec lag. It would be nice to not die so much to unknown causes.
    Edited by An_An on October 2, 2018 6:51AM
  • bpmachete
    bpmachete
    ✭✭✭
    The lag is too much. They should maybe get rid of some of the people that have been handling this. They need new people to step in and make the game work. There are many servers in other games with many people that you can play the game. Part of the problem it seems that the server takes in all the info regardless of what, like if you shoot arrow on your end and it hits and stuns on the other player it has not hit but the server sends the stun to your xbox and it stuns before it hits.
    Back when this game first started there was a diferent set up and it worked correctly, like the fps games that there is a back and forth where the server has better management of the different information coming in...

There is a way to do it but the coders for the server do not know how to do it corrently, so they should be replaced with those who know. I know Zos will look back at this if they don't do anything as the beginning of the end. Even after Summerset dropped they patched it and it worked decent enough but it was patched again and it's a disaster. I don't know why the xbox has to process so much info, the server should do that, and sync everything... The server should say the damage not tell the xbox what the damage will be etc... There is a way and I know they will see people unsub because of this, it's really sad man such an amazing game.
    Edited by bpmachete on October 2, 2018 1:56PM