The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Poison and Disease immunity?

TiZzA93
TiZzA93
✭✭✭
hi ive just been told by a guildie that his bosmer if fully immune to the poison and defile status effects? is this true same wud b for argonian, i thought they just took a tiny bit less damage

Best Answer

• Namarkas
    Namarkas
    ✭✭✭
    TiZzA93 wrote: »
    @Namarkas so from what you have said does that mean venom arrows dot still effects them as it is not the generic poison status effect? just spoke to my guildie he told me that he has never had a poison dot on him from anything at all using his bosmer incuding weap poisons but he said his argonian has had a few dot plus defile works on both races he said but only by certain conditions. so maybe bosmer bugged lol

Yes, the venom arrow dot still effects them, as it is not the generic status effect ;) if your guildie claims that, there is a very easy way to test it: Duel him, and tell him to not use cloak as nb, no heals or purge. Shoot that venom arrow, and see if his life drops over time.
    I am 99% sure I died to venom arrows multiple times on my bosmer in pvp, but I will never rule out gamebreaking bugs in this game w/o having tested it first xD
    For Venom Arrow, the only differance to other races is the resistance, which results in slightly less damage taken.
    Answer ✓
  • StamWhipCultist
    StamWhipCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah, secondary effects only.
  • TiZzA93
    TiZzA93
    ✭✭✭
    so those races cant be poisoned or defiled at all? so just the first hit does damage, what about venom arrow or poison arrow or double dot poisons
  • Namarkas
    Namarkas
    ✭✭✭
    Fire, frost, shock, poison and disease abilites/effects all have a chance to apply something called "status effect". Depending on the type of damage, that effect differs. For poison, the status effect is simply a dot. For disease, it's Major Defile (which is totally busted and a bug imo, should be minor).
    Bosmer and Argonians are only immune to those specific status effects. So a Poison Injection will deal damage to them, but the ability cannot proc the disease status effect, the dot. A Spectral Bow proc from a stamnb (that deals disease damage) will deal the damage, but cannot apply Major Defile, the disease status effect.
    IMPORTANT: that does NOT mean they cannot be defiled. Every other source of Major Defile will work. Incap, Durok's, Corrupting Pollen, etc. They are only immune to the randomly applied disease status effect, which happens to be one source of that debuff.
  • TiZzA93
    TiZzA93
    ✭✭✭
    @Namarkas so from what you have said does that mean venom arrows dot still effects them as it is not the generic poison status effect? just spoke to my guildie he told me that he has never had a poison dot on him from anything at all using his bosmer incuding weap poisons but he said his argonian has had a few dot plus defile works on both races he said but only by certain conditions. so maybe bosmer bugged lol
  • Namarkas
    Namarkas
    ✭✭✭
    Deleted bc forum formatting can be weird
    Edited by Namarkas on September 30, 2018 2:06PM
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TiZzA93 wrote: »

Excluding the chance that your guildy has run into a extremely rate unique bug, your guildy is then either so inexperienced/naive that they don't know what dots are actually on them, or they are full of horse dung.

Bosmer can and are affected by all standard dots. They are only immune to poison/disease status effects and only if they put the skills into the passives.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmers and Lizards has immune to the Poisoned and Diseased status effects, not to any poison/disease damage.
    Poison skills, poison skill DOTs, poison consumables etc are still affects them as any other else.
    Lethal Arrow applies "poisoned status effect", so they must be immune to it too. While Poison Arrow (and morphs) are not applies any status effects, so no immune to it.
    Edited by SilverWF on September 30, 2018 9:09PM
    • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
    • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!