The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

it really bothers me how they locked the imperial city behind a dlc

darthmaul533ub17_ESO
that should have been in the base game, completely free. it should be a massive battle at all times, yet i go in the imperial city and there's hardly any body there. seriously, this is so stupid.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should've been there back when it just released and we didn't have dueling yet, the Arena District was always a hotbed. But its been years, there's only so much to do in there and most have moved on back to Cyrodiil.

Besides a lot of the Imp City is Questing and it being mostly empty now is a good thing for those wanting to quest.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, the whole collector's edition including 4 DLCs, and 2 chapters is just about 40 bucks currently. I guess there are more then enough people, who would have access to the imperial city. Ever thought about that those wanting a "massive battle" are those, who scare people away from it?-
  • Cuthceol
    Cuthceol
    ✭✭✭
    still amazes me they released paid for content that you might not be able to actually access because of players in another zone, I mean they removed the faction lockouts for IC because they were worried about players not being able to access paid for content but kept the shared population restrictions that can still prevent players from accessing content they've paid for, odd
  • Ragnork
    Ragnork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lysette wrote: »
    Ever thought about that those wanting a "massive battle" are those, who scare people away from it?-

I enjoy my PvP play as well as my PvE play.

There must be many players who own the DLC, with many more who have access through ESO+

My thought on why the zone is not so populated:
    By making a zone that mixed PvP and PvE, roll players (PvE) tend to shy away and it is too frustrating for PvP players.

Potential solution
    One instance for PvE one of PvP
    In PvE there should be no Tel Var Stones, no scamp award, no motif awards etc - but recognition for completing the PvE content.

Would this make the PvP more populated? I doubt it.
    I suspect we need an area like Wrothgar; large and open with potential to do more than run around in circles.
    Three tribes of Orcs, aligned to the three alliances, fighting across the map to crown a new king.
    (Instance a PvP zone alongside a PvE zone)

Edited by Ragnork on September 30, 2018 9:20PM
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zenimax is still getting sales of Imperial City is one reason. I have six non-subscribing guildies who bought it for the most recent Midyear Mayhem. Two of them just started the game with Summerset. Not everyone has been around as long as you and I.

I support a frequent request in the PvP forums that Imperial City be separated from Cyrodiil. This would make it possible to queue directly to Imperial City, obviating the need to ride through Cyrodiil to get there and reducing the 'ghost population' of players who are counted towards the Cyrodiil population bars but are actually in the Imperial City zone.

If Imperial City were easier to get to, I suspect more players would enjoy it.
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cannot think about anything that would persuade me to go PvP. I have too bad experience with the worse part of the PvP communty from other games to even consider entering any PvP zone in ESO.

There is enough content for me elsewhere and I am grateful for it. It is a pity that some very useful PvE skills are locked behind PvP, but I guess I would just have to do without them, then.
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The DLC is freely available to subscribers, and cheap for non-subscribers. It's the PvE being locked behind PvP that makes it deserted, not it being locked behind a DLC.
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watchdog wrote: »
    I cannot think about anything that would persuade me to go PvP. I have too bad experience with the worse part of the PvP communty from other games to even consider entering any PvP zone in ESO.

There is enough content for me elsewhere and I am grateful for it. It is a pity that some very useful PvE skills are locked behind PvP, but I guess I would just have to do without them, then.

You can do the Training quest in your faction's home base gates. It takes about 5 minutes, will give you 2 skill points and you reach alliance rank 3. All safely away from enemy players unless you gates are open and enemies are trying to steal your scroll. A quick peek at the map before you entire would let you know if that was the case.

After that you would have to venture out. Repairing keeps and healing are the best ways to rank up to unlock those skills if you don't want to fight. Sure you can get killed but who cares! PvP deaths don't damage your armor. Just respawn and carry on
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It bothers me more that it isn't solidly tied in to Cyrodiil RvR achievements like it should have been.

DAoC did it right with Darkness Fall. ESO dropped the ball with IC turning it into a niche instance.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    that should have been in the base game, completely free. it should be a massive battle at all times, yet i go in the imperial city and there's hardly any body there. seriously, this is so stupid.

Very much incorrect.

When ESO went B2P Zos clearly stated that all zones added to the game would be delivered via DLCs and IC was cleared added after that point.

It seems more that OP is interested in playing for the game but not paying. Clearly not a subscriber and clearly did not buy the IC DLC when it was dirt cheap a few months ago.
    Ragnork wrote: »
    Lysette wrote: »
    Ever thought about that those wanting a "massive battle" are those, who scare people away from it?-

My thought on why the zone is not so populated:

Old Zones are not very populated. Players move on.

Besides that, IC was a failed design to begin with. Considering many have access via subs and outright purchase of it we can see there is just not a significant motivation to return to IC.

Go to Wrothgar or Clockwork. Pretty empty.
    Edited by idk on September 30, 2018 6:15PM
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Because of Crown item gift trading you can now buy it for gold. 2500 crowns at 225 gold per(TCE NA price) = 562,500 gold.

So there is a way to earn it in game by doing that. Plus who knows maybe some of the old DLCs will get added as monthly rewards. Honestly I think they should have started with IC instead of Murkmire in doing so, but they didn't...
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Blacksmoke
    Blacksmoke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its been out for years of course its a bit empty.. most people got the stuff they wanted there already
    Champion point: 645
    Characters
    Ganlian Stormian - AD - Dungeon healer - Templar - Crafter
    Ondaril Stormian - AD - Trail DPS - Sorcerer
    Shagrod gro-Bolmog - AD - PVP - Dragonknight
  • iiYuki
    iiYuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Imperial RACE was locked at one point and I suppose still is.
    "Play how you want... unless its not how we intended you to play in which case we'll nerf it".
    - ZO$

- The ZO$ Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmUJWP_ebsQ
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Osteos wrote: »
    Watchdog wrote: »

You can do the Training quest in your faction's home base gates. It takes about 5 minutes, will give you 2 skill points and you reach alliance rank 3. All safely away from enemy players unless you gates are open and enemies are trying to steal your scroll. A quick peek at the map before you entire would let you know if that was the case.

After that you would have to venture out. Repairing keeps and healing are the best ways to rank up to unlock those skills if you don't want to fight. Sure you can get killed but who cares! PvP deaths don't damage your armor. Just respawn and carry on

I do not think you understood my point. I don't mind PvP itself. I don't mind seeing my character die. This is not the question of "safely" doing any activities. This is definitely not the question of having to be assured that PvP deaths won't dent my precious skin either. Why do so many PvPers keep thinking it is a matter of some kind of fear?

No. From my point of view, it is rather the question of distrust and disgust, based on bad experience. I want to play neither with the PvPers, nor against them in a PvP enabled environment. I know not all PvPers are bad, many of my guildies enjoy PvP. I just don't want to have to go through the trash talking and other such behaviour. I have to go through enough of that in real life, thank you very much.

Point being, I think it is awfully wrong to have PvE skills locked behind PvP activities. This is one of the biggest grudges I have with ESO.
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com