The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

does this mean no 100k gold reward for me?

• LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Celeste411 wrote: »
    You have to allow for the time zone difference. Pretty sure zos goes by utc

Yes this is the problem. Im on the westcoast and the day resets at 4pm while im still at work. Ive had to log in early in the morning before work. But luckily it only requires you to log in and claim for 28 days and not 30. If it were 30 days I couldnt do it because of the 2 maintenance days that are always going on at the same time in the morning I would need to login before work.
    The north american servers should go by central time, thats the most fair to everyone in north america.
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You have to allow for the time zone difference. Pretty sure zos goes by utc

Yes this is the problem. Im on the westcoast and the day resets at 4pm while im still at work. Ive had to log in early in the morning before work. But luckily it only requires you to log in and claim for 28 days and not 30. If it were 30 days I couldnt do it because of the 2 maintenance days that are always going on at the same time in the morning I would need to login before work.
    The north american servers should go by central time, thats the most fair to everyone in north america.

You can collect the reward at any time between one day’s 4pm and the next day’s 4pm. You could easily collect it after work instead of before work
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    At 12 am UTC(in 6 hours 12 minutes) it will be October.

This isn't rocket science... Although I do believe it would be easier on everybody if ZOS stuck to one time for all dailies to reset. UTC EST... whatever just pick one and be done with it.

Also a heads up for players that aren't aware when we "fall back" on November 4th from daylight savings... The server times are in standard time, as most games are, so the dailies will appear to reset an hour earlier. Even though they stay the same time, it's our times that move(well those of us who observer daylight savings anyway).
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Hokiewa
    Hokiewa
    ✭✭✭✭
    Myyth wrote: »
    I logged in this morning and it still shows the 100K gold reward locked with a timer of 8 hours.
    I will log back in this afternoon and I better get the gold reward.
    I have been counting down the days till I get this reward. It is unacceptable if the rewards reset before then. I am playing on an NA server and it is September till the end of the day. They should not base the time off some other zone in the world that does not reflect the time the majority of players are in.
    Either that or they should stop calling it "September" rewards and just call them "Monthly" rewards because today is still September.

You won't because you already claimed your daily for the 30th
  • Myyth
    Myyth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hokiewa wrote: »
    I logged in this morning and it still shows the 100K gold reward locked with a timer of 8 hours.
    I have been counting down the days till I get this reward. It is unacceptable if the rewards reset before then. I am playing on an NA server and it is September till the end of the day. They should not base the time off some other zone in the world that does not reflect the time the majority of players are in.
    Either that or they should stop calling it "September" rewards and just call them "Monthly" rewards because today is still September.

No, I collected the reward yesterday on SEPTEMBER 29.
    This is a bad system they created where the dates do not match and are based of some other location in the world.

I submitted a ticket and got a response to send a screen shot in. I will see what they say. For anyone else in the same situation, send a ticket as well. Maybe we can get this done properly.
    Edited by Myyth on September 30, 2018 6:29PM
  • fierackas
    fierackas
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is a bad system they created where the dates do not match and are based of some other location in the world.

I submitted a ticket and got a response to send a screen shot in. I will see what they say. For anyone else in the same situation, send a ticket as well. Maybe we can get this done properly.

Nothing wrong with the fact they use a time zone the rest of the world bar some backwater parts of NA understands :D
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm in Europe. The reset timer is perfectly matching my timezone. However it's bad for Australians, and if ZOS switches to some NA timezones, it would be bad for them too. Just accept it that the USA is not the centre of the world, and the international standard time is UTC.
  • Hokiewa
    Hokiewa
    ✭✭✭✭

Go for it but I'm not wrong. If you get support to give it to you that's awesome. If not, I suggest you understand how the system works for October
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So, it’s a bad system. Even though everyone else diligently logged in every day to get their 100k and you didn’t log in every day ... ?
  • Myyth
    Myyth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So, it’s a bad system. Even though everyone else diligently logged in every day to get their 100k and you didn’t log in every day ... ?

Yes, it is a badly designed system that leads you to believe that you are getting a 100K reward on September 30th by counting down the days left on the reward screen, when actually due to it being based off some other time zone it cuts you off a day early on the 29th disqualifying you from the reward.
    Edited by Myyth on September 30, 2018 8:06PM
  • MamaDruid
    MamaDruid
    ✭✭✭
    I too was expecting one more opportunity to claim on the last day of September and was equally disappointed. The time zone difference is annoying.
    Most people go through life dreading they'll have a traumatic experience. Freaks were born with their trauma. They've already passed their test in life. They're aristocrats.
    ― Diane Arbus
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, it is a badly designed system that leads you to believe that you are getting a 100K reward on September 30th by counting down the days left on the reward screen, when actually due to it being based off some other time zone it cuts you off a day early on the 29th disqualifying you from the reward.

It also starts you a day early, giving you the full 30 days to claim 28 rewards.

For example, my October rewards will start tonight the evening of Sept 30th. I will still have the full amount of days to claim the available rewards. I am not losing any days from the time allowed.

I suspect that you also started early on August 31, and thus had the full days already with your final opportunity on Sept 29th, since we seem to both be in NA time zones.

I find it more useful to think of it as rewards claimed than days remaining.

Furthermore, there's a lock symbol that shows on any rewards you will not be able to claim. So unless you just recently missed the last day that puts you below 28 opportunities to claim your rewards, you should have been able to see that lock symbol.
  • Myyth
    Myyth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It also starts you a day early, giving you the full 30 days to claim 28 rewards.

For example, my October rewards will start tonight the evening of Sept 30th. I will still have the full amount of days to claim the available rewards. I am not losing any days from the time allowed.

I suspect that you also started early on August 31, and thus had the full days already with your final opportunity on Sept 29th, since we seem to both be in NA time zones.

Furthermore, there's a lock symbol that shows on any rewards you will not be able to claim. So unless you just recently missed the last day that puts you below 28 opportunities to claim your rewards, you should have been able to see that lock symbol.

If that is true and I missed a day of rewards, then the reward screen should not give the impression that I still have enough time. For the last week, I counted all the rewards left and matched them to the days of the week.
    Looking at the reward screen, it showed that I would get the 100K reward on September 30th because the remaining calendar days of the month matched the amount of rewards left.
    But in reality, the "September rewards" cut off a day early on the 29th.
    So if you count the days left like I did, you are wrong.

This is why it is a badly designed system. It should not lead you to believe you still have a day left when you don't because it is based off a time zone in Europe.
    Edited by Myyth on September 30, 2018 8:43PM
  • Hokiewa
    Hokiewa
    ✭✭✭✭

If that is true and I missed a day of rewards, then the reward screen should not give the impression that I still have enough time. For the last week, I counted all the rewards left and matched them to the days of the week.
    Looking at the reward screen, it showed that I would get the 100K reward on September 30th because the remaining calendar days of the month matched the amount of rewards left.

This is why it is a badly designed system. It should not lead you to believe you still have a day left when you don't because it is based off a time zone in Europe.

Again, he is not wrong because you don't know how the daily reset works despite numerous people pointing it out. As evident by the forum not being flooded with complaints, most people have understood how it works.
  • Celeste411
    Celeste411
    ✭✭✭

It doesn’t give the impression that you had time left to claim the last reward. The lock on the reward is greyed out, meaning not claimable.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh well.

I got it on one account; missed on the "other server", missed it on both servers on the other account.

When the upped the length of the timers, and upped the number of "days" on the calendar, I knew it would be questionable if I could get it.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Myyth
    Myyth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It doesn’t give the impression that you had time left to claim the last reward. The lock on the reward is greyed out, meaning not claimable.

the rewards all show a lock on them before they are claimed.
  • Celeste411
    Celeste411
    ✭✭✭

the rewards all show a lock on them before they are claimed.
    Yes they do and if they are claimable the lock is white if not claimable they are grey.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I find it more useful to think of it as rewards claimed than days remaining

So...the little lock. Do you see it on the reward picture? If its there and greyed out you can't claim the reward.

Your mistake was to count starting at Sept 1st-30th. Our timer reset and the first reward was availble on August 31st through Sept 29th, in our NA time zones.

Or to take out the timezones completely, the 30 days starts the first day the awards are available. You get 30 24-hour periods to claim all 28 awards. Apparently, you missed some of those 24-hour periods or missed when that first timer actually started.

And I'm not sure how you missed the first timer starting over. There's a timer on the Announcements page counting down to when the next awards start up, so I know exactly when that's going to be.

Anyways, not to belabor this past month's loss, lets look at this month. I dont know how many rewards there are in how many days, but lets do this.

You need to:
    #1 Check that timer on the announcements page for when your new rewards are available. Thats the time the October rewards show up.
    # 2 Claim that reward on the first day of the October rewards. Yes, I know its still September. The stores 'round here already have Halloween candy out, its okay.
    #3 If you lose track on where you are, look for the little lock symbols. If those are present, you cant claim the rewards in the days remaining. Sorry.
    #4 If you need to calculate your time in days, count forward from the starting day (Sept 30th in this case) and count by the timer until you run out of the total number of days allotted. Days allotted, not days til the end of the month, since thats already been a source of confusion.

Hope that helps. Get your practice now in October, since November has Murkmire DLC as a reward.
    Edited by VaranisArano on September 30, 2018 9:06PM
  • Nightfall12
    Nightfall12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its basically hard to see this at the end of the month or the beginning of the month, but as @Celeste411 pointed out there are 2 lock colors.

The best way to see this on display is next month keep collecting rewards for the first week as you would, THEN log into the other mega server, NA or EU depending on what you normally do. Here the rewards are separate and you will see the whole month has locks, but only those last ones will be grey, meaning those are beyond reach.

Now if you play on both servers just take our word for it and collect all those free rewards.
    Ummm stuff… about stuff…or something.
  • fierackas
    fierackas
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Civilisation began in Europe, deal with it
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fierackas wrote: »

Yes, in that part of Europe called Mesopotamia...unless I'm missing something here.

Anyways, I'm an American, and we don't even use the metric system despite, oh, practically everyone else in the entire world doing it. :)

More seriously, the timer is whatever ZOS says it is, so I deal with it.
  • fierackas
    fierackas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :D
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    fierackas wrote: »

Anyways, I'm an American, and we don't even use the metric system despite, oh, practically everyone else in the entire world doing it. :)

LOL - some of us remember that we tried to switch over to the metric system in 1975. What a tragic mess that was...

• JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I didn’t get the 100k because I assumed if I logged in it counted. I didn’t realize I had to claim it or I wouldn’t get the next one or all of them.

I say good. I’m not claiming any anymore. It’s all trash anyway including 100k gold lol
  • Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The number of people who haven’t been able to grasp that they started a day late, thus burning one of the two margin-of-error days before they even started, and never caught on to that all month... is a spectacle.
    Xbox NA
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did not get it due to Hurricane Florence. Lost all power for over four days and could not log into the game. Oh well.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What da freak - I got hosed too. I logged in 28 days with today being the final day.

The rewards become available for me at 8pm EST and I logged in at 8pm today to claim the 100k but found that it changed to October already.

What da freak.
    Edited by Solariken on October 1, 2018 12:31AM
  • grizzly375
    grizzly375
    ✭✭✭
    MY collect time is 2000 EST. I've logged in and collected rewards every day. At 1800 when I logged off, it showed the 100K as my next reward. When I logged in at 2011, I was offered two Crown Fortifying Meals. WTF is going on with this?
  • Myyth
    Myyth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    grizzly375 wrote: »
    MY collect time is 2000 EST. I've logged in and collected rewards every day. At 1800 when I logged off, it showed the 100K as my next reward. When I logged in at 2011, I was offered two Crown Fortifying Meals. WTF is going on with this?

submit a ticket. I am waiting for the reply on the ticket I submitted.
    They should not be disqualifying you from a "September" reward because somewhere in Europe its October now. This is an NA server, not a EU server.