The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

does this mean no 100k gold reward for me?

• Bananko
    Bananko
    ✭✭✭✭
    I eventually got mine but had to wait until 5:00pm PDT today (my time zone) for it to be available.

Edited by Bananko on September 30, 2018 3:19AM
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pardon the bluntness.

But you clearly missed at least one day logging on, or failing to collect the reward (i.e., you logged in, but didn't claim the reward [as happened to a guildie of mine]).

It is based off the timezone ZOS has always used; UTC.

It is not a scam, bug, or misrepresentation. Other than one bug the first month, it has worked as advertised since.

It sucks, though.

I believe that the most likely way that the OP missed a day (which must have been the case), is that, due to timezones causing the start of the day at different times in different places, this rewards calendar starts a day earlier than expected if you're in a later time zone such as those in NA...and remember everyone, it's gonna be that way every month...

oh, BTW, not everything in this game is based on midnight, UTC. It may be based on UTC, but not always midnight...otherwise, why do you get dailies restarting at 2am EDT which is, somewhere around 6am UTC or UTC+1?...also, many of the seasonal or one-time events start at around 10am EDT, which is sometime in the afternoon in UTC. I always do have a hard time keeping their schedules straight, as do many others, I'm sure...and then, don't even get me started on the 20 hour cycles on things like stable trainings...<g>

• witchdoctor
    witchdoctor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @fgoron2000

You are correct in that there are a several different countdowns for different things in-game.

Dailies, mount training, hirelings ...

I merely meant the daily reward has always been the same: UTC. Not that ZOS exclusively uses UTC for all things.
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fgoron2000 wrote: »
    Pardon the bluntness.

But you clearly missed at least one day logging on, or failing to collect the reward (i.e., you logged in, but didn't claim the reward [as happened to a guildie of mine]).

It is based off the timezone ZOS has always used; UTC.

It is not a scam, bug, or misrepresentation. Other than one bug the first month, it has worked as advertised since.

It sucks, though.

I believe that the most likely way that the OP missed a day (which must have been the case), is that, due to timezones causing the start of the day at different times in different places, this rewards calendar starts a day earlier than expected if you're in a later time zone such as those in NA...and remember everyone, it's gonna be that way every month...

oh, BTW, not everything in this game is based on midnight, UTC. It may be based on UTC, but not always midnight...otherwise, why do you get dailies restarting at 2am EDT which is, somewhere around 6am UTC or UTC+1?...also, many of the seasonal or one-time events start at around 10am EDT, which is sometime in the afternoon in UTC. I always do have a hard time keeping their schedules straight, as do many others, I'm sure...and then, don't even get me started on the 20 hour cycles on things like stable trainings...<g>

this 20 hour thing is actually very good - if it would be 24h, it would shift over time to a later and later time - with this 20 hour schedule you can keep it around the same time, even it is slightly moving forward or backward in time. It is as well easier to synchronize it with new characters, so that you can do them all around the same time.

And "same time" does not have to be a certain hour as well - it can be late afternoon, early evening, at night - a fuzzy way of "same time".
    Edited by Lysette on September 30, 2018 3:45AM
  • Mattock_Romulus
    Mattock_Romulus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lysette wrote: »
    Well, you have to uncover all of the rewards - meaning you have to have all daily logins to get it. Your's is nearly totally covered, so no, you won't get anything. The reward is for people who logged in and claimed their reward every day until they reached the last reward with 100k gold. You will have a new chance next month - but you have to login and claim your reward every day to get to the end - which means all rewards uncovered and claimed within that month.

Please login to your game and look at your reward calendar. Each time you claim a reward that day becomes covered by the ESO icon. I have claimed all rewards except the last reward and my calendar looks just like the OP's.
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, mine too, I was wrong and stated it above.
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    @fgoron2000

You are correct in that there are a several different countdowns for different things in-game.

Dailies, mount training, hirelings ...

I merely meant the daily reward has always been the same: UTC. Not that ZOS exclusively uses UTC for all things.

i see what u mean now...

• Mattock_Romulus
    Mattock_Romulus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Myyth wrote: »
    Vulsahdaal wrote: »
    Well, you have to uncover all of the rewards - meaning you have to have all daily logins to get it. Your's is nearly totally covered, so no, you won't get anything. The reward is for people who logged in and claimed their reward every day until they reached the last reward with 100k gold. You will have a new chance next month - but you have to login and claim your reward every day to get to the end - which means all rewards uncovered and claimed within that month.

that makes no sense.
    tomorrow is September 30th.
    If I log in tomorrow, I should get the last reward.
    it says the reward resets in 22 hours, which is still September.

I get what youre saying, it makes sense.. but when I rechecked it looks like they didnt say 'collect all your rewards by the end of September'.
    What they said was that you needed to 'log in for 28 out of 30 days in September.' Is it possible you may have missed more than 2 days during the month?

No I think I logged in every day.

The issue is that no more rewards are available from this September calendar, because it will no longer be September tomorrow evening at 8pm EDT for the next reset of this calendar, it will instead be midnight UTC on October 1, which is 4 hours ahead of EDT. When you click on Announcements, the popup says "A new month begins", right? It's possible that you missed the first day of this calendar for the same reason, and didn't realize you were a day farther behind than you thought.

This is exactly what happened to me. I budgeted for two missed days this month not realizing the first day started a day early due to UTC time.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davor wrote: »
    You must have missed a day. I swore I collected everyday and it seemed I may have forgotten to log in or claim a prize as well. Not much we can do. It sucks but all we can do is just move on to the next month.

I definitely missed a day ... but was able to collect my 100k this afternoon.

The OP had to have missed more than one day.

As the other posters said, time is based on UTC (or GMT).

If you're in North America, be sure to log in on the afternoon/evening prior on the 1st day to keep pace.

@Lysette, there will be different rewards for October, don't worry.

Although, come to think of it, another 100k would be nice ...

Edited by Taleof2Cities on September 30, 2018 3:57AM
  • mattaeus01b16_ESO
    mattaeus01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know, right! And here I thought the end of the month was tomorrow. But I was wrong
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    OldManJim wrote: »
    I have the same on my alt... Looks doubtful.

if that is the case, I will be upset, because tomorrow is still September all day and evening.
    I should still get "September" rewards.

Frustrating.

It's still September.

Tomorrow is still September.

:'(
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Frawr
    Frawr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing that I find frustrating is that they manage to gate the rewards so that if you log in, but don't take the reward, then you lose it and have to take it the next day.

All other games that I have played allow you to claim all of the previous days' rewards if you logged in on that day even if you didn't actually claim them ON the day.

As usual, crap system design in ESO.
  • Shawn_PT
    Shawn_PT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has happened before. It must be a bug. If the last reward you can claim would fall on the last day in which you can claim them, it'll be locked. So you have to make sure you claim all monthly rewards at least 24 hours before the month resets. Can be difficult due to difference in timezones I guess.

Don't quote me on this though. It's just something I noticed people complain about in months past.
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

that makes no sense.
    If I log in tomorrow, I should get the last reward.
    it says the reward resets in 22 hours that will be around 4:45pm on September 30th... which is still September.

Maybe where you are ... But the server runs UTC time so time of posting this is 10.33am BST which is 11.33 UTC, rewards end in 12 hours and 56 minutes

Meaning you have till then to claim today's reward ...

Sounds to me like you claim yours at start of day not end of day ...

So while there is time to collect the reward there isn't time for the next reward to unlock as it will be October

Your original post was made at 2.45am BTS so that was 3.45 UTC on September 30th
    Edited by SugaComa on September 30, 2018 9:38AM
  • XxCaLxX
    XxCaLxX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I logged in and clicked my daily reward it then announced that there will be a new month next, that the rewards are resetting.
    It did not show the reward of 100K coming up next.

And when I open the reward screen, there is no count down to when I can claim the 100k.
    IE0Omju.png

Does this mean I do not get the 100k gold even though tomorrow is September 30th, which means I should still get September rewards 22 hours from now? Or will I still get the gold tomorrow evening?

I understand the frustration but even if the rewards restarted on the first of each month you still wouldn’t get it because September rewards started last day of August. If it started first day of September and ended first day of October you would still be a day behind lol.

• rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My internet went down for 3 days. I'm in the same position :(
  • MarrazzMist
    MarrazzMist
    ✭✭✭✭
    rumple9 wrote: »
    My internet went down for 3 days. I'm in the same position :(

This month we could miss 2 days, I believe, and still collect last prize. All symphaties for those, who missed more for technical reasons, or by accident.
  • RD065
    RD065
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was sick for a day and half and had no idea about the end of the month deal. I logged in, 10 minutes worth, and realized I was still sick. Fortunately that 10 minutes was enough and got back on the next day.
  • Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As mentioned, the OP missed claiming the reward 3 days in order to arrive at their current situation.

It’s not hard for people to cross-check the daily reward with the calendar halfway through to be sure they are on pace to reach their target.

People should use October to experiment with the timing of the claiming of rewards, so they fully understand what they need to do for November. Because the Murkmire DLC is going to be one of November’s rewards and travel trips need to be managed. The pc people have it easy in this regard - any random coffee shop or grocery store WiFi can work on the fly well enough to click the Claim button. We console people have a bit more to wrangle, but it can be done if using a laptop as a screen.
    Xbox NA
  • Zathras
    Zathras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frawr wrote: »
    The thing that I find frustrating is that they manage to gate the rewards so that if you log in, but don't take the reward, then you lose it and have to take it the next day.

All other games that I have played allow you to claim all of the previous days' rewards if you logged in on that day even if you didn't actually claim them ON the day.

Actually, it's more insidious than a "crap design".

It's a 1st year Psychology design, that has made it's way into the F2P business, and ESO has adopted it. Operant conditioning. Ever heard of a Skinner Box?

So, how ESO manages it, is they have a reward and they want to train you in a behavior to get that item. They train you, daily, to open up their Cash Shop, and click a button to get your Cash Shop item.

Note, the reward isn't the focus. It's the bait. The whole point is to get you to get you into the Cash Shop, to make it a learned behavior.

Skinner Box.

Personally, I find the aggressive methods to push their Cash Shop in our face over the last year to have tipped the scale for me. Well, amongst other things that were tipping the scale.

Even that marketing push to get the Summerset villa had a catch. Did you see October's Cash Shop showcase? Three separate Summerset furniture packages. Wouldn't those be immediately handy for all those people suddenly finding themselves with a large, empty manor. Sure, some will craft their own items, but it's all about convenience at this point, and they've been training and enticing people into the Store for quite some time.
    Edited by Zathras on September 30, 2018 1:54PM
    For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen. - Douglas Adams

It is a rare mind indeed that can render the hitherto non-existent blindingly obvious. The cry 'I could have thought of that' is a very popular and misleading one, for the fact is that they didn't, and a very significant and revealing fact it is too. - Douglas Adams
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zathras wrote: »
    Frawr wrote: »

Actually, it's more insidious than a "crap design".

It's a 1st year Psychology design, that has made it's way into the F2P business, and ESO has adopted it. Operant conditioning. Ever heard of a Skinner Box?

So, how ESO manages it, is they have a reward and they want to train you in a behavior to get that item. They train you, daily, to open up their Cash Shop, and click a button to get your Cash Shop item.

Skinner Box.

Personally, I find the aggressive methods to push their Cash Shop in our face over the last year to have tipped the scale for me. Well, amongst other things that were tipping the scale.

Even that marketing push to get the Summerset villa had a catch. Did you see October's Cash Shop showcase? Three separate Summerset furniture packages. Wouldn't those be immediately handy for all those people suddenly finding themselves with a large, empty manor. Sure, some will craft their own items, but it's all about convenience at this point, and they've been training and enticing people into the Store for quite some time.

What bugs me about the psychology of it is that they have those dead days at the end of the month, which is the perfect time to start losing that conditioning.

I suppose that's deliberate too, hoping that people will miss out on the first day or so and then they have to give less rewards, but it still bugs me.
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    XxCaLxX wrote: »
    When I logged in and clicked my daily reward it then announced that there will be a new month next, that the rewards are resetting.

And when I open the reward screen, there is no count down to when I can claim the 100k.
    IE0Omju.png

Does this mean I do not get the 100k gold even though tomorrow is September 30th, which means I should still get September rewards 22 hours from now? Or will I still get the gold tomorrow evening?

I understand the frustration but even if the rewards restarted on the first of each month you still wouldn’t get it because September rewards started last day of August. If it started first day of September and ended first day of October you would still be a day behind lol.

Umm, actually the rewards do start on the first day of the month. As many in this thread have pointed out, you can't look at the time of day or the day of the month from your own perspective. Because of the way time zones work you must look at the time of day and the day of the month from the perspective of the game. In roughly 9 hours, you will have the first October reward available to you. At that time, it will in fact be October 1 from the perspective of the game, which I believe is based on UTC. It'll still be September 30 for me, being in NA and for many of you. For some of you down under, for instance, it's already October this very moment, yet you still won't get your reward for roughly 9 more hours I believe. (those playing in Australia, please correct me if I'm wrong on that. In other words, it's best not to talk in terms of your own timezone or your own date, you need to remember that this is based on the game's schedule, not your own. If you do that, then it'll be easier to keep track of it through the month, and the end of this month & beginning of the next month...

Edited by fgoron2000 on September 30, 2018 2:58PM
  • Myyth
    Myyth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I logged in this morning and it still shows the 100K gold reward locked with a timer of 8 hours.
    I will log back in this afternoon and I better get the gold reward.
    I have been counting down the days till I get this reward. It is unacceptable if the rewards reset before then. I am playing on an NA server and it is September till the end of the day. They should not base the time off some other zone in the world that does not reflect the time the majority of players are in.
    Either that or they should stop calling it "September" rewards and just call them "Monthly" rewards because today is still September.
    Edited by Myyth on September 30, 2018 4:03PM
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭

IE0Omju.png

Umm, actually the rewards do start on the first day of the month. As many in this thread have pointed out, you can't look at the time of day or the day of the month from your own perspective. Because of the way time zones work you must look at the time of day and the day of the month from the perspective of the game. In roughly 9 hours, you will have the first October reward available to you. At that time, it will in fact be October 1 from the perspective of the game, which I believe is based on UTC. It'll still be September 30 for me, being in NA and for many of you. For some of you down under, for instance, it's already October this very moment, yet you still won't get your reward for roughly 9 more hours I believe. (those playing in Australia, please correct me if I'm wrong on that. In other words, it's best not to talk in terms of your own timezone or your own date, you need to remember that this is based on the game's schedule, not your own. If you do that, then it'll be easier to keep track of it through the month, and the end of this month & beginning of the next month...

More precisely it will be October for everyone in Australia, Asia, Africa and Europe. Only North and South America are behind in this case. The turning point is at midnight UTC (=GMT).
    I logged in this morning and it still shows the 100K gold reward locked with a timer of 8 hours.
    I have been counting down the days till I get this reward. It is unacceptable if the rewards reset before then. I am playing on an NA server and it is September till the end of the day. They should not base the time off some other zone in the world that does not reflect the time the majority of players are in.
    Either that or they should stop calling it "September" rewards and just call them "Monthly" rewards because today is still September.

@Myyth It's simple: you missed 3 days in September logging in or claiming the reward, so you don't get the last reward since you could only miss 2 days. It may be September for you, but you are the minority here.
    Edited by Ydrisselle on September 30, 2018 4:05PM
  • Myyth
    Myyth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ydrisselle wrote: »
    More precisely it will be October for everyone in Australia, Asia, Africa and Europe. Only North and South America are behind in this case. The turning point is at midnight UTC (=GMT).

They should not be basing the reward timer off Australia, Asia, Africa and Europe on an

IE0Omju.png

@Myyth It's simple: you missed 3 days in September logging in or claiming the reward, so you don't get the last reward since you could only miss 2 days. It may be September for you, but you are the minority here.

I am not in the minority, this is an NA server. the majority of players are on NA time.They should not base the time off some other zone in the world that does not reflect the time the majority of players are in.
    Edited by Myyth on September 30, 2018 4:09PM
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They should not be basing the reward timer off Australia, Asia, Africa and Europe on an

IE0Omju.png

I am not in the minority, this is an NA server. the majority of players are on NA time.They should not base the time off some other zone in the world that does not reflect the time the majority of players are in.

I wouldn't be so sure about that.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

IE0Omju.png

Doesn't really matter, honestly. I'm also an NA player. My October rewards are going to start the evening of September 30th, my time. I know this, because I'm logging in everyday and actually pay attention to the timer.
    Edited by VaranisArano on September 30, 2018 5:04PM
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I miss this stupid 100k reward by a few hours I'm going to be highly annoyed. Its September 30th.
    Idgac if they wanna throw technicalities in.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I miss this stupid 100k reward by a few hours I'm going to be highly annoyed. Its September 30th.

Is there a greyed out lock on your final reward?

If yes, you are going to miss out.

Tonight at 7:00, I'm going to get the first of October's rewards even though its still September 30th for me in the US Central time zone. These have been out for several months now - its not like this is a mystery how they work.
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is there a greyed out lock on your final reward?

If yes, you are going to miss out.

Tonight at 7:00, I'm going to get the first of October's rewards even though its still September 30th for me in the US Central time zone. These have been out for several months now - its not like this is a mystery how they work.

One day I'll be as informed and superior as you are, and I'll unlock the mysteries that my poor uneducated self lacks the common sense to understand. One day. But apparently not this month. Lmao.