The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What am I striving for after I reach 50?

Soaj
Soaj
Soul Shriven
So I am just wondering what it is I am striving for now since I am now CP 42. I know there is PVP but I rather do PVE stuff. One thing I can answer do storylines lol. But other than that? Just thought I'd ask the ESO community for advice.
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Reach CP 160 so you can farm gear without needing replacements for it again. Then its monster sets from undaunted dungeons, and weapons/armor from trials. I would be amiss however to say there's a lot to do with that gear once you get it because that's pretty much the PVE endgame atm.. farming gear without anything to really use it on.
    love is love
  • Bowser
    Bowser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go grind Skyreach until you're around 900CP
    @King-Koopa
    World First DK Tank Execute on Rakkhat HM
    Play how you want - no meta allowed!
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have master angler yet? :D
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    50? Lol. Then you get to grind to CP 160 so you can get cp160 gear. Then you can grind to like cp 300-400 and be ok-ish at PvE content. Them you get to grind to cp 500-600 so you can actually PvP in full cp campaigns and reck people. Then grind to max cp so you can forget all about cp lol.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been playing for a couple years (~CP950). Here's what I like doing:

Complete my alliance quests and through Coldharbour. Then Silver and Gold and any DLC/chapters that strike my fancy. But leave lots of time to stop and dance when I find a bard, drop a line when I find fishing holes, play in the waterfalls, chase butterflies, go into delves and dungeons and scary looking places just to see what's there, pick flowers, play the lute. . . . :)
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on September 30, 2018 2:12AM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zone quest completion. Achievement hunting. Dungeon running. Trials. Maelstrom Arena. Dragon star Arena. Crafting. Guild Store tycoon. Housing. Skyshard and Lorebook hunting. Fishing?

• Soaj
    Soaj
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah thanks for all the advice yeah once I get up to the 900 CP maybe Ill look into pvp. I guess 160 is the first goal as I wander the world and get skyshards and just get resources to level my stuff up. I am not being a big big fan of being tank because I dont do damage lol. But I guess thats the point that I tank and everyone else does their DPS and healing.
  • Hoolielulu
    Hoolielulu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just over a year in and I'm still trying to solo dungeons. So there's that. I get killed right away because I'm not a skilled player. I'm like a marionette on drugs, flailing around hoping I hit something with my floppy arms. And yet it's still fun.
  • Soaj
    Soaj
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah I feel you on that, I am doing new dungeons now that I am 48CP now and learning new things when people want to rush you is one of the biggest feats to overcome lol. But I am learning so once I get another character started I will be able to just do what is needed and get a good DPS character rolled is what I am aiming for. Tanking with my friends and DPS solo seems to be what I want to do right now. Get some storyline stuff in summerset first morrow wind or maybe main storyline. I played in beta so everything was BROKE when I did that lol.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Levels continue past 50, except they start being called "CP levels".

The gear cap is CP 160. You can start buying/crafting/farming endgame gear when you reach that level
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on September 30, 2018 3:22AM
  • Bananko
    Bananko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soaj wrote: »

Fulfillment.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no climbing the end game like many other MMO's once you reach 160CP its all about collecting item sets, kind of like a trading card game but instead of collecting cards you collect item sets. If you aren't the competitive type like don't care about PvP, Leaderboards, Trials, and so on then the game gets rather boring very quickly. I'll play for like 2-3 months at a time then disappear for 4 months and make a return to do the same stuff again and leave after another 2-3 months before I leave again. The only thing that keeps me coming back is how casual the game can be and leveling alts... Unfortunately I'm out of characters slots unless I jump on the EU server, but then I lose all my progression doing so.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd say you should strive for an enjoyable gaming experience. If you enjoy questing and exploring, this game has lost and lots of that. Group pve, PvP, crafting, do what you enjoy and pay no attention to virtual carrots on fake sticks.

But if you need an arbitrary milestone system to drive you, there are a few. Aim for CP160, at which point you can collect and equip end-game gear. Then aim for cp300, where you will be accepted by most groups for vet content. Then aim for whatever the CP cap is by then.

Then review the list of Achievements in your Journal menu, and pick the ones you want to chase. If achievements and milestones are what drives you, you can be busy here for years.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    social security?
    (get it? what you 'strive' for after reaching 50 .... LOL!)
    (hey, bad puns are my specialty)
    Edited by Maryal on September 30, 2018 4:05AM
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    CP<insert whatever the max is today> or CP<insert whatever the max will be tomorrow>

or you could just try to enjoy the game and not strive for anything
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The real fun begins when you get to CP160, because then you can play around with matched armor sets that you'll never out-level, and then you can work toward getting a 2-piece monster set (the helms are available from veteran dungeons, and the shoulder pieces are available via keys you get from doing Undaunted quests).
    I love trying different sets. It's hella fun.
  • darthmaul533ub17_ESO
    Yeah thanks for all the advice yeah once I get up to the 900 CP maybe Ill look into pvp. I guess 160 is the first goal as I wander the world and get skyshards and just get resources to level my stuff up. I am not being a big big fan of being tank because I dont do damage lol. But I guess thats the point that I tank and everyone else does their DPS and healing.

you can play pvp campaigns for non cp characters. i think the pvp in this game is really fun, and you'd be missing out if you dont ever try it out until you've spent god knows how long grinding to max level.
  • Wanderica
    Wanderica
    ✭✭
    Well, I can tell you what I did. I decided to go through all of the content in release order by completing Cadwell's Gold first. 2 more zones and it'll be done, then I can move on to some DLC. At CP 160, I stopped and bought some purple crafted gear to get some set bonuses to round out my healing and damage ability, but have so far not worried too much about dungeon sets. I've only kept pieces that I may want from my daily normal dungeon runs. The only things I've done outside of the old Vanilla content is a smidge of Thieves guild, and enough of Summerset to get the explorer achievement for the event. It has been enough to get my Templar healer to CP297. After I've done all of the questing content (a LONG way off at this point), I may get into some veteran stuff, raids, or more likely, I'll just grab a new character and do it all again since grinding CP levels won't be much of an issue.

For you though, getting to CP160 should be your next goal. As far as collecting gear and becoming more powerful goes, I felt like I was spinning my wheels before that point.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Begin to learn to play. Find people to run with to do dungeons, trials and more. Of course you want to get to CP160 first so you can start to gear up. Run normal for a bit and get comfortable and more CP then start to tackle veteran content.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say...

...the first thing you strive for is maxing and morphing all your skills! And getting them all, since my characters usually reach level 50 long before maxing the guilds; or the PvP ranks...

...the second thing you strive for is geting to CP160 so you can finally get the gear worth keeping and tempering up to purple and gold, and farm the right places for your desired sets.

...then you strive for even more CP until you hit cap, as well as dye unlocks through archievements and style pages, many, many style pages, to get your "perfect look" in the outfit system.

...and finally... if you got all that... well, if there is no new release by that time, you just make an alt, and see how the game plays different on a different class and setup.

Or you "git gud" so much that you can start striving for PvP-emperor and getting your name on a leaderboard or several... though those things are generally rather time-investment in tensive, so only the non-casual players chase them I reckon...
  • randomkeyhits
    randomkeyhits
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrote a long winded thing and thought... meh..... its all specifics

Keep whats up ahead in mind but really..... just play.

The most important thing to do is to understand how the game works. Why you go Stamina or Magica, balancing things like damage ability against resource recovery against survivability. Learning the pros and cons of your classes abilities.

The most important important thing is just have fun while doing it all.

Keep playing you'll get to 50 then you'll get to CP 160 and beyond. You'll start acquiring sets and seeing what works for you. If you are not in a guild yet then you'll probably join a few and then guild mates offer advice.

The only real specific suggestions are to make sure you keep horse training and research running at all times, it takes ages to get it all completed. The other is to decide whether you want a dedicated crafter or not. If you do then make that character and ensure it learns all motifs rather than your main.
    EU PS4
  • Shardaxx
    Shardaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dungeons, trials, any quests you've missed, all the DLC stuff. Then strap on a pair and do some pvp.
    PS4 - Europe - Shardaxx - Wood Elf Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just play through the maps and the quests because I enjoy the stories and the gameplay, and sometimes there's an achievement which interests me. Levels can sometimes be a useful way of gating content so you're not overwhelmed but I've never seen them as something to focus on. That would be like going on holiday so you can get frequent flyer miles so later on you'll be able to go on holiday...
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To repeat content over and over and over
  • gamerguy757
    gamerguy757
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flawless Conwueror
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No, no, no, no, no! PvP is fun. Start now. Join the under 50 campaign AND the full cp one. Dork around with it. Die, Rez, die Rez. LEARN.

I ran out to Vivec (full cp campaign) at level 10 and got reckt and reckt. Yet, I gritted my teeth. Stuck around. Got better.

I yolo into the middle of well known ball Zergs to this day to tap into that dark side rage from early on as a lowbie that propelled me into the kill crazy nerd I am today hehehehe. It reminds me of rushing outside of a keep at level 15! Oh the adrenaline rush!

PvP is fun. Don’t put it off until max cp. you’ll just get frustrated and quit PvP because you’ll think you’re good enough and know enough to be instantly successful. It’s best to fight the best competition EARLY, when you KNOW your’re not good enough, so you won’t mind all the dying and actually FACE the very real challenge of getting good and learning to play.

P.s. I started out a StamDK dps and as I progressed I didn’t appreciate tanks or healers. Then I rolled a magdk and ran a Resto staff while leveling it up and came to glimpse a certain satisfaction of tossing heals around to whoever I was grouped with. Once I leveled my MagDk and realized just how much more tanky my MagDk was in LIGHT armor compared to my StamDK dps in heavy, I gained a greater appreciation for tanks.

My point is, my MagDk is tanky but not a tank, has tons of heals but is not a healer and does DAMAGE. Get out there and enjoy the game. Levels will come and there’s so much to DO. You’ll soon find that level 50 is not some kind of “ending” at all.
    Edited by JumpmanLane on September 30, 2018 9:49PM
  • ResTandRespeC
    ResTandRespeC
    ✭✭✭✭
    It really depends on what you want to do. If your striving for vet pve content like trials and dlc dungeons (the hardest content in the game) then it's a long road ahead. When i came to the game thats all I was interested in doing as a had a lot of friends who were running trials competitively. So what I did was ground out all the way to max cp in a month (double xp event, friends gave me gold training armor and 150% xp pots). Then took another couple months to collect gear and learn rotations. Then I started doing trials and leveling alts. Obviously without all the help i got it would have taken a lot longer. If you enjoy tanking its a good idea to carey around some dps gear to clear overland content quicker. Overall the three main milestones i see before max level are to hit 160cp, collect gear, hit 300cp. At around 300cp you should have no problem doing the majority of vet dungeons (non-dlc) and normal trials can be done from 160 on. At about 500 cp you can probably start screwing around with vet craglorn trials. After 600cp its totally dependant on skill lvl and desire how far you can go. Obviously the extra 150+ cp help with all content but it wont entirely hinder you from completing other content.
  • Numerikuu
    Numerikuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I am just wondering what it is I am striving for now since I am now CP 42. I know there is PVP but I rather do PVE stuff. One thing I can answer do storylines lol. But other than that? Just thought I'd ask the ESO community for advice.

Just keep on as you are. You have the entire Pact, Covenant and Dominion quests to do. Then there's Craglorn. Also the Gold Coast, Hew's Bane, Orsinium. Morrowind, the Clockwork City, Summerset Isles and soon to be Murkmire. Don't forget Cyrodiil/Imperial City as well~

You'll be busy for a while to say the least lol.
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no climbing the end game like many other MMO's once you reach 160CP its all about collecting item sets, kind of like a trading card game but instead of collecting cards you collect item sets. If you aren't the competitive type like don't care about PvP, Leaderboards, Trials, and so on then the game gets rather boring very quickly.

I'm experiencing this right now. I'm getting to the point where I've done all the main quests and enough side quests to get the achievements for each zone. I've cleared all the dungeons on Vet. I'm almost master angler and just about finished with 9 trait researching. I'm kinda like... "Okay... now what?" I'm really not interested in being in some elite end game guild and doing leaderboard runs, I don't really like PvP... Farming mats and selling stuff and doing housing stuff is kinda fun but I'm also like, why am I bothering with this? Who care how much gold I have? I'm just BORED.
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    weedgenius wrote: »
    There is no climbing the end game like many other MMO's once you reach 160CP its all about collecting item sets, kind of like a trading card game but instead of collecting cards you collect item sets. If you aren't the competitive type like don't care about PvP, Leaderboards, Trials, and so on then the game gets rather boring very quickly.

I'm experiencing this right now. I'm getting to the point where I've done all the main quests and enough side quests to get the achievements for each zone. I've cleared all the dungeons on Vet. I'm almost master angler and just about finished with 9 trait researching. I'm kinda like... "Okay... now what?" I'm really not interested in being in some elite end game guild and doing leaderboard runs, I don't really like PvP... Farming mats and selling stuff and doing housing stuff is kinda fun but I'm also like, why am I bothering with this? Who care how much gold I have? I'm just BORED.

I got to that point. My last fun activity was spending 7 Million in about 90 minutes.