Maintenance for the week of June 14:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 14, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
Some very basic questions around the shield nerfs / limit to 40% health
When shields will he hard-capped at 40% of a player's health ...
- Are those 40% also the limit for procset shields, e.g.Iceheart, Brands of Imperium or Haven of Ursus? Or will procset-shields be taken out of the 40% calculation in order to keep their utility?Can they stack on top of self-casted shields, thus going above the 40% limit or will their proc simply vanish into nothingness?
- Will there be a new CP skill replacing bastion (which will be overperforming under most circumstances) or will bastion be changed to keep some utility?
- Will there be a new morph replacing hardened ward which will normally hit the 40% health cap before its full strength (at least in PVE)?
- How will shield strength be calculated when several shields are applied? E.g. when a magblade casts dampen magic, then blocks, gets a secondary shield via the psijic passive Concentrated Barrier, then unblocks. Will the 40% max number remain when the fresher shield is canceled or will 5000 hitpoints be deduced from the shield - which would be some very strange sort of self-inflicted damage, btw. (Same question ofc for Reinforced from the Stallion cp tree. Same question ofc for any stacked shield and for barrier). Or the other way around: When the older shield runs out, how strong is the remaining one? Will it be the 40% health-cap number minus the strength of the first shield? Or will there be a "hidden shield pool" that refills up to the 40% limit whenever an older shield expires?
- Will stamina shields be limited the same way as magicka shields? If yes, will there be a new skill replacing the 2h-brawler, which will be overperforming regularily and loose a lot of its value if its cut down to max 40% player's health?
- What about the Warden's Crystallized shield, which shields against 13k+ damage of incoming projectiles? Will this shield be reduced to 40% players health, too? And even trickier: if some other shield is stacked on top (e.g. some other player casting barrier), will the crystallized shield loose the respective amount of strength (and not reflect projectiles anymore/not generate ulti in case of the shimmering morph) or will barrier be that much weaker although Crystallized Shield is not shielding against ALL sorts of damage?
- What about Templars Radiant Ward which starts at 30% max health and gains 6% strength whenever it is taking damage (no matter how small)?
- What about DK's magma-shell-ulti that gives nearby players a shield equivalent to 100% of their health? Will the morph be changed to keep some value?
- What about the synergy of bone shield, which grants the activator and up to 3 players a shield equivalent to 100% of their health? Will the synergy be changed to keep some value?
Pls feel free to comment and add additional question, I'm sure this list is not even covering half the ground that has to be worked upon.@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
- Would be nice to get an answer!