The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Storm Atronach Wolf capacity upgrade graphic bug, needs changes

Mystrius_Archaion
Mystrius_Archaion
✭✭✭✭✭
The new Packlord Nightmare Wolf mount shows correctly where the packs that the capacity upgrade show are moved behind where the rider's feat are, so they don't clip/cover up the rider's feet. The Storm Atronach Wolf has the exact same armor and saddle and packs and all upgrade graphics, except the packs are forward more directly on top of the rider's feet.
This needs to be updated to be the same as the newer mount.
I also think the saddle is either incorrectly shaped too wide at the back on the Storm Atronach Wolf mount or is just too large scaled compared to the mount and rider also as it clips half way through the rider's legs from the inside as well. The feet end up practically inside the saddle behind the saddle-bags.
(Edit: Also, the lightning eye glow on the Storm Atronach Wolf is too far inside its head so it looks like it can only see sideways, like prey animals, and not forward as in other wolf mounts and senche mounts, like a predator animal. Google it up if you don't believe me about the difference.)

I never liked the fact that it clipped so badly, but I dealt with it not knowing any better way and because it wasn't a deal-breaker, but it has been proven to be done better on a nearly identical mount so it should be improved.

I do like the trend of using the relatively cool leather armor from the Storm Atronach mounts on newer other mounts though. I would prefer more armor like the Cave Bear mount though; I love the shiny metal plate look and would love that on wolf mounts. I also love the shiny metallic armor on the Bloodshadow Wraith Steed much more than the matte plain armor on the psijic exemplar mounts.
I hope we, someday soon, get the ability to choose multiple armor types for our mounts maybe even different colors rather than buying a whole new mount, with other looks we may not like as much, to get different armor.
Edited by Mystrius_Archaion on September 28, 2018 6:42AM