The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

[PVE] Make bosses with CP and let us choose the difficulty before starting the trial/dungeon

Massacor
Massacor
Soul Shriven
After reading the class rep meeting, I saw a line about boss not having CPs while players have tons of it. I think making boss having CPs might be a good way to enhance PVE difficulty. Dev will choose the CP for the instance so it will be the same for every encounters in this instance. They can hide it behind a difficulty selection system and the higher difficulty make the boss drop a golden jewelry of the dungeon drop table. Make the difficulty hard enough that players will need to reconsider CP distributions and even gear before attempting to beat a given dungeon on his hardest difficulty. So small PVE group can enjoy good difficulty and diversity while playing. You can add a death counter and score with leaderboard so players can be proud mastering a given dungeon.

Other suggestion in regard of what I said before : You can start to implement special elemental resistance set that doesn't lower too much dps stats and be used by dps in those new difficulty. Or a new consummable/build enhancements so player will spend time preparing for the content before running it and swaping to another one ;).

Other benefits : healer will be needed again, especially with shield nerf :smile: .
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think some bosses could use a health buff given current DPS levels.

Most DLC dungeons and trials deal plenty of damage.
    Playing since beta...
  • Massacor
    Massacor
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah but the base game need a rise in difficulty. And if cp works for them as for us, it will result in a PV and resistance increase maybe ?
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    implement some real mechanics
    get rid of oneshots
    get rid of dps checks (mostly, historically the first boss in an instance should be a moderate gearcheck)
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    trials: mechanics wise: cloudrest and has the best ones, coordination wise: maw requires the best group awarness/synnergy. combine bechanics and group organization to get great content pls! in 4mans, we want primarily mechanics but cool ones. galchobar and hardmode velidreth are my two favourite dlc fights i'd say
  • UnKnowNKiLLeRR
    eso_nya wrote: »
    implement some real mechanics
    get rid of oneshots
    get rid of dps checks (mostly, historically the first boss in an instance should be a moderate gearcheck)

Gear check does not prove anything. Dps check is still needed because you can have proper gear but your dps number are still bad. It's more l2p issue not gear problem
  • HuawaSepp
    HuawaSepp
    ✭✭✭
    They should make a real random dungeon.
    random dungeon layout
    random enemys
    random enemy spawns
    random loot

preferable with settings how
    difficulty
    enemy types
    enemy spawn rate
    PTS-EU
  • Massacor
    Massacor
    Soul Shriven
    HuawaSepp wrote: »
    random dungeon layout
    random enemys
    random enemy spawns
    random loot

difficulty
    enemy types
    enemy spawn rate

Well, that's sounds like a diablo (rogue) game than MMORPG ? Can be fun still, just not sure if it fits to the genre.
  • HuawaSepp
    HuawaSepp
    ✭✭✭
    Massacor wrote: »
    HuawaSepp wrote: »
    random dungeon layout
    random enemys
    random enemy spawns
    random loot

difficulty
    enemy types
    enemy spawn rate

Well, that's sounds like a diablo (rogue) game than MMORPG ? Can be fun still, just not sure if it fits to the genre.

ZOS said they don't see eso as a traditional mmo so I guess that wouldn't be a problem for them.
    Some kind of arena where you have to defend one thing against always stronger waves of enemies until you die would also be a great thing.
    PTS-EU