Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Curiosity Poll Concerning Shields - What do you think should be done?

Burgererer
Burgererer
✭✭✭
First off, let me say that I'm only polling this out of interest. I also want to let anyone reading this know I don't currently play on the PTS, and have only read the notes and other forum threads, so I'm trying to be as objective and unbiased as possible. I could be mistaken, but it'd seem only the light armor and sorc shields are being changed to have a 1s cast time, as opposed to temp and dk being untouched, aside from dk duration being increased. Again, I could have misread the notes or missed something, but it seems the cast time only affects the former two skills, and not the latter.

Now coming off from a stamplar tank of roughly two years, to attempt to main on a stam dk tank for about three months, and finally landing as a magsorc dps main (only to hear about this "nerf" after playing for two months as a sorc); I'd say my experience isn't enough to judge the shields and their merits alone, but at least I can say I've dabbled with them all. First, the dk shield needs to have a longer duration, as its current (2.5s?) isn't near enough for its pool. What concerns me more is the fact that I could run with +50k hp as a stamplar tank in pvp (with 33.5k resist), and pop a +7.5k shield over and over, without a cast time, and it returns part of that damage to all enemies around me. Keep in mind it's my only mag skill, so i can pop it three times in rapid succession before needing to regain mag. Now as a magsorc, this kind of stunt won't be possible, as well as a possible interrupt. Basically, I'm just stating this info (poorly, at best) and wondering what anyone that reads this thinks should be done.

Apologies in advance for not putting this in the official sorc thread, as it doesn't just pertain to sorcs, but more so balancing in general across three classes. Also, sorry if any of my info is outdated or flat-out wrong; I haven't played my temp or dk in roughly +3mon. Finally, sorry if this falls under a TL;DR thread.

What do you guys think?
Edited by Burgererer on September 26, 2018 8:14PM

Curiosity Poll Concerning Shields - What do you think should be done? 31 votes

Shield changes at their current state seem fair/overdue!
19% 6 votes
Both temp and dk shields should have a 1s cast time as well!
3% 1 vote
No shield should have a cast time - being a reactive skill and all!
38% 12 votes
Sorc/light armor shields need more "nerfing"!
3% 1 vote
Remove the cast time, keep the crit/resist changes. Add that they can't stack, and only the strongest one applies!
29% 9 votes
Other (please explain a little)!
6% 2 votes
  • Burgererer
    Burgererer
    ✭✭✭
    I guess I should also say that I voted myself for the second to last option, as it seems fair to me. Honestly though, I'm planning on just healing through everything and replacing my shield slot with an aoe stun to negate the damage anyway.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    See page 37 of the sorc feedback topic - that´s how i´d adress shields. Specifically facetanking with rapid spamming.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Burgererer
    Burgererer
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks!
  • Burgererer
    Burgererer
    ✭✭✭
    Read your post. I like the idea of the shield adding over time, but with a lower initial amount. Promotes not spamming and synergizing with other skills, right? Cool.