Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Only ESO over heats my graphics card

Sparkling
Sparkling
Soul Shriven
c85e2f8ea75170eba22b6f9c5981c3e6.png
I keep getting this weird red pixel block things flashing on my screen before my computer completely freezes (VIDEO of what I'm talking about) and I've been told it's my graphics card over heating. ESO is seriously the ONLY game that does this. I've played a lot of other games that are just as or more graphics heavy and yet it's THIS game that overheats my graphics card. Anyone know why this is and anyway I could fix it?

What annoys me is I just bought this game, the Summerset expansion AND I bought a membership but now I'm too afraid to play the game because almost every time I try to play an hour or so later my computer freezes up. I am seriously starting to worry that this is doing damaged to my computer (and I'm sure it is).

Also here is what I've already done:
- Gave my cabinet a good dusting, like really good to make SURE that there is no dust in there
- Made sure airflow is good and it's as good as it's going to get
- Changed graphics setting in ESO to defaults in hope that would help (it didn't, just make my game look less nice. Still ok but not as great as it could look. Still freezes computer anyway)
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One should never run any game with a standard fan profile for a GPU.

I use MSI Afterburner and have fan speed increase at much earlier temperatures. This works well for me.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    One thing I would do is install this program on your computer and run it, it monitors your computer temperature.

https://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/

I had a similar issue a few times and my problem was one of the fans on my video card quit working and needed to be replaced.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    One thing I would do is install this program on your computer and run it, it monitors your computer temperature.

I had a similar issue a few times and my problem was one of the fans on my video card quit working and needed to be replaced.

You do need to find the temperature your GPU is running at but if it is running hot you need a means to try to run it cooler and the solution I suggested would give you both. There are other programs that do the same thing, MSI Afterburner just happens to be what I use.
    Edited by idk on September 26, 2018 5:35PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First thing to try, make sure the video card is fully seated.

As above, use something to control fan speeds, either software or hardware.

You said you have done all you can for airflow. Just to be sure, have you added fans to the case? Most cases will take more fans than they come with. I have 4 120mm in mine, one intake lower front and 3 exhaust upper rear. I could put a few more, but my temps are good. My last case had 7 fans. Have you tidied up the cables to make sure air can flow.

Here is a quick test to see if more air flow can help, take the case side off and point a room fan at the innards. Issue goes away, add more case fans.

Finally, when you said you dusted, didi that mean using a can of compressed air? Note, do this outside, the irritant they put in air cans sucks, so you want fresh air.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Sparkling
    Sparkling
    Soul Shriven
    idk wrote: »
    One should never run any game with a standard fan profile for a GPU.

I use MSI Afterburner and have fan speed increase at much earlier temperatures. This works well for me.
    vamp_emily wrote: »

Ok, I will download both things. Thanks for the link and advice ^_^
    Edited by Sparkling on September 26, 2018 5:54PM