The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The only nerf a nightblade needs

smashcats
smashcats
✭✭✭
You should be able to reveal a nightblade who uses their stealth ability when you are in proximity, they should not be getting those few seconds of unbreakable stealth when they just pop it right in your face and you cant see them...... the stealth from the ability should be able to be broken just like normal sneaking can when you get close to them or they are already close to you when used.
Edited by smashcats on September 25, 2018 10:38PM
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, if you have any aoe ability and some wit about you, you can usually find someone like that very easily anyways. Happens a lot to me in BGs. Someone cloaks in my face, I immediately uncloak them.

If not, you have pots, magelight, camo hunter and revealing flair. Plenty of tools at your disposal which, for some reason, everyone forgets about.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • smashcats
    smashcats
    ✭✭✭
    Well, if you have any aoe ability and some wit about you, you can usually find someone like that very easily anyways. Happens a lot to me in BGs. Someone cloaks in my face, I immediately uncloak them.

If not, you have pots, magelight, camo hunter and revealing flair. Plenty of tools at your disposal which, for some reason, everyone forgets about.

There are definitely a lot of tools but I'm talking about specifically when a nightblade is so close to you while fighting theres no reason he should be able to just stealth and its a 100% free getaway, when you are nose to nose with the guy.
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    smashcats wrote: »

There are definitely a lot of tools but I'm talking about specifically when a nightblade is so close to you while fighting theres no reason he should be able to just stealth and its a 100% free getaway, when you are nose to nose with the guy.

Roll a nb then come back here and tell me about that 100% free getaway.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Remove forcemiss and dot prevention. But remove ST dmg and ground AoEs breaking cloak, so no group mark/det pot reveal with a light attack, and better traversal over the mess of AoEs that is cyro/BGs.

Cloak nowadays is a button for easy resets even when the NB would normally die without the damage mit instead of actual invisibility and strategic use to avoid attacks in the first place.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    Remove forcemiss and dot prevention. But remove ST dmg and ground AoEs breaking cloak, so no group mark/det pot reveal with a light attack, and better traversal over the mess of AoEs that is cyro/BGs.

Cloak nowadays is a button for easy resets even when the NB would normally die without the damage mit instead of actual invisibility and strategic use to avoid attacks in the first place.

Without DoT prevention, most NBs will melt anyways, as Vigor can't outheal 2+ Bleeds on Medium Armor and NBs tends to be squisher than any other class.
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »

Without DoT prevention, most NBs will melt anyways, as Vigor can't outheal 2+ Bleeds on Medium Armor and NBs tends to be squisher than any other class.

Most stamblades I see aren't even bothering cloaking anymore. They just dodge roll snare remove/immune and sprint away in plain sight. Good luck keeping up with one. There are a couple heavy armor roller blades who think the shades teleport is so cool that's all they do...run around, dodge roll, teleport hahahahaha. I don't see them ever kill anybody anymore. A Japanese gentleman used to be a real killer. Now he spends his time playing see how many players I can get chasing me. They never seemed to get bored. Or maybe the game is just stale now. I really don't know.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Most stamblades I see aren't even bothering cloaking anymore. They just dodge roll snare remove/immune and sprint away in plain sight. Good luck keeping up with one. There are a couple heavy armor roller blades who think the shades teleport is so cool that's all they do...run around, dodge roll, teleport hahahahaha. I don't see them ever kill anybody anymore. A Japanese gentleman used to be a real killer. Now he spends his time playing see how many players I can get chasing me. They never seemed to get bored. Or maybe the game is just stale now. I really don't know.

Yeah, admitted nowadays with Swift, my first reaction is to find LoS and make a run for it, but if I have to fight Bleed users or MagDKs on open grounds, Cloak is pretty much needed avoid dropping dead from DoT pressure+stuns.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You can then build into defense, like every other class. Don't see StamDKs surviving of just wings ever. And the ability to cloak more freely should mean getting less on you in the first place. And if then healing is still low, it can be buffed, but there is no reason a single ability should counter so much and make you invisible too.
    Best houseknight EU.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can then build into defense, like every other class. Don't see StamDKs surviving of just wings ever. And the ability to cloak more freely should mean getting less on you in the first place. And if then healing is still low, it can be buffed, but there is no reason a single ability should counter so much and make you invisible too.

Cloak is the only reason medium armor works on StamNBs. Otherwise, Heavy Bleedblades are far better, especially with the Healing morph instead.
  • Smellyfed
    Smellyfed
    ✭✭✭
    Dragon Knights get 3 class damage shields - Hardened Armor, Ferocious Leap & Obsidian Shield
    Sorcs get 1 - Conjured Ward.
    Templars get 1 - Sun Shield.
    Nightblades get none.

There are obviously other sources for shields but the Nightblade gets none of them as a class ability.

Stealth is the Nightblade's class shield. If a NB can't stealth right in front of you, you shouldn't be able to class shield in the NB's face either.

Edited by Smellyfed on September 26, 2018 5:31AM
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should be able to reveal a nightblade who uses their stealth ability when you are in proximity, they should not be getting those few seconds of unbreakable stealth when they just pop it right in your face and you cant see them...... the stealth from the ability should be able to be broken just like normal sneaking can when you get close to them or they are already close to you when used.

Or slot a counter to it.

Like really any aoe and cloak becomes useless, i've enjoyed steel tornado spamming nb's to death.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There no reason a single ability should get countered so much either. What other class ability gets its effect removed by things like aoe's, pots and even certain skills designed to counter it.

I have gone the heavy route on my stam nb because cloak sucks, there is so many counters too it and it's basically useless vs any good player. I don't think a single nb has got away from me this patch. It's just so easy to use an aoe.
    PS4 EU DC

• Smellyfed
    Smellyfed
    ✭✭✭
    There no reason a single ability should get countered so much either. What other class ability gets its effect removed by things like aoe's, pots and even certain skills designed to counter it.

Agree - shadow cloak can be a powerful skill but every class has nearly infinite ways to deal with it. Many NB's don't slot purge so any basic DOT or poison is going to reveal them and they are generally the easiest class to kill once revealed.
  • Zelos
    Zelos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reason why its not broken in proximity is because cloak is Invisibility not stealth. There is a big difference you cant see a invisible person unless you break the spell, but you can reveal someone who is hiding trying to be stealthy:)
    Aeonhack - AD Stamina Nightblade - 5 Star General

CP1200

Creator and user of "Questionable" addons and game mechanics.
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smellyfed wrote: »
    Dragon Knights get 3 class damage shields - Hardened Armor, Ferocious Leap & Obsidian Shield
    Nightblades get none.

There are obviously other sources for shields but the Nightblade gets none of them as a class ability.

Stealth is the Nightblade's class shield. If a NB can't stealth right in front of you, you shouldn't be able to class shield in the NB's face either.

How bout instead of cloaking it will become a class shield just like sun shield?

Ill call you out on your bluff.
  • Smellyfed
    Smellyfed
    ✭✭✭
    Zelos wrote: »
    The reason why its not broken in proximity is because cloak is Invisibility not stealth. There is a big difference you cant see a invisible person unless you break the spell, but you can reveal someone who is hiding trying to be stealthy:)

True - Shadow Cloak is a magicka invisibility ability. It's not Stealth. Transitioning from Shadow Cloak to actual Stealth without being detected/revealed is the trick.
    Drdeath20 wrote: »
    Nightblades get none.

How bout instead of cloaking it will become a class shield just like sun shield?

Sure - take away the cloak and give NB's an evasion/damage shield instead. Works for me but sort of destroys the key skill of the NB class.
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭

True - Shadow Cloak is a magicka invisibility ability. It's not Stealth. Transitioning from Shadow Cloak to actual Stealth without being detected/revealed is the trick.
    Nightblades get none.

Sure - take away the cloak and give NB's an evasion/damage shield instead. Works for me but sort of destroys the key skill of the NB class.

i repeat, take away cloack and give nightblades a class shield just like sun shield.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nightblades get none.

i repeat, take away cloack and give nightblades a class shield just like sun shield.

You'd have to change nb passives first.

PS4 EU DC

• Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nightblades get none.

Why? Invisibility potions put you in stealth.
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Drdeath20
    Please, we are already fighting to keep everyones class identity. Lets not make it any worse.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nightblades get none.

Yet nb's has passives dedicated to cloak.

Stop being so salty, cloak is fine, learn to play the game and slot a damn aoe.
    PS4 EU DC

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nightblades get none.

So passive skills which force you to use one specific type of potion? Not sure that sounds fun.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cloak should not ignore previously applied DOTs. NBs (just like DKs, Templars, Wardens, and now Sorcs) can add some resistances/defenses to their build. Granted, those DOTs shouldn't pull a NB from stealth, though.

This is exactly why Sorcs just got a nerf. Their shields allowed them to keep pressure up without disengaging the fight. The same can be said about NBs. Cloak currently allows a NB to engage offensively, and if the pressure gets too hot, they can disengage by popping a heal and cloaking (while ignoring DOTs) and almost immediately reengage the fight.

If NBs take DOT damage (without pulling them from stealth) it still allows the NB to make a strategic initial attack and if it gets too hot they can still stealth. Now they'll have to make a decision to reengage quickly at lower health or to disengage in order to heal up completely before attempting another attack. This allows the opponent a recovery time as well.
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Datthaw wrote: »

Roll a nb then come back here and tell me about that 100% free getaway.

^ This.

It literally never works again decent players, so most good nightblades don't even bother trying. Every single class has tools to bring a NB who cloaked in your face out of stealth. And they aren't even specifically made for bringing nightblades out of stealth, its just that they are AoE abilities: Mass Hysteria for Nightblades, Hurricane/Lightning Form/Streak for Sorcs, Hardened Armor/Talons/Fiery Breath/etc. for DKs, Jabs for Templars. Those skills are staples on everyone's bars and all of them can reveal a nightblade that has cloaked in front of you. So yeah.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to be clear about what I posted before, the guys who are trolling large groups of new players into chasing them for 15 minutes around boulders are just a nuisance. The dangerous guys are the ones who can just dodge roll/shuffle away and heal up with vigor then come back at you with an incap/surprise attack. If you mark them/detect pot them/mage light them they do not care. The guys who are using cloak without snare removal are the one's who care. And ironically without snare removal or a good large rock or tree nearby you won't get the eff purge to take off the mark or get out of the radius of any of the other detect abilities.
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

Nightblades get none.

So passive skills which force you to use one specific type of potion? Not sure that sounds fun.

Wait soo nightblades think its unfair to be forced to use potions!?! Ironic right.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I have gone the heavy route on my stam nb because cloak sucks, there is so many counters too it and it's basically useless vs any good player. I don't think a single nb has got away from me this patch. It's just so easy to use an aoe.

The reason it needs to get countered so hard is because it does so much. If it did less, and was countered less, then it is fine. That is what I want, but the majority of the worse NBs don't, since they rely on it and numbers.
    But as it stands, the counters are towards the favor of the NB, unless you play a spin2win/stamsorc or an NB, so can have revealers up constantly without too much loss on your own part. But for the vast majority, skills meant to counter it are a weak and limited to NBs only.
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Zaryc
    Zaryc
    ✭✭✭
    Nightblades get none.

This makes no sense as DKs and Templars shields are way to small to be as relevant as cloak is (besides leap, but that's an ult).

Also if you want to compare what some classes have and others don't it wouldn't end well for the NB's overloaded toolkit.

Access to the most buffs and debuffs, many of them passively build in their skills, 2 spammables, stealth mechanic and a high damage single target ult only to name a few things.