The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Shield nerf

Massive_Stain
Massive_Stain
✭✭✭✭
If it makes it past pts, I am cancelling eso plus and moving on. I'm done and I'm tired, and this game is 4 years old. There are other places I will give my money to if you start making cooldowns a thing in eso. The reason I like the game is it is fast paced, and mag needs INSTANT defense, not this nonsense that some potatoes thought up.
PC: CP 1200+ DroDest, Bringer of light
PS4: CP 1500+ Dro Dest, SoTN, Bringer of light, CragHMs, EoF, IR, TTT
Xbox: CP 450 Fungal Grotto 1 HM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you leave, can my magsorc have your stuff? She'll need it to pay her armor repair bills.
  • SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Join me to the Roleplaying army and wait for 2 (?) years until these stupid changes get reverted.

I love worshipping Mephala statues and giving coins to beggars. In fact, my sorc might as well become a beggar as well (/beggar command). Extra coins are always nice to be a crafter too.
    PC | EU
    Ashlander and Mephala worshipper.
    "You are just another breed of domestic animal, grazing stupidly while higher beings plot your slaughter."
  • Massive_Stain
    Massive_Stain
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I leave I will delete everything. This game is turning into hot garbage anyway
  • StamWhipCultist
    StamWhipCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it makes it past pts, I am cancelling eso plus and moving on. I'm done and I'm tired, and this game is 4 years old. There are other places I will give my money to if you start making cooldowns a thing in eso. The reason I like the game is it is fast paced, and mag needs INSTANT defense, not this nonsense that some potatoes thought up.

Goodbye! Farewell! Sayounara!
  • Massive_Stain
    Massive_Stain
    ✭✭✭✭

Have fun in your *** pvp
  • SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    6V10qE6.png

Dude there's no need to swear, get over it, I made the full cycle of acceptance already and draw the following conclusion:

THEY WON'T SEE A DOLLAR OF MINE (lmao)

PC | EU
    "You are just another breed of domestic animal, grazing stupidly while higher beings plot your slaughter."
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You're to young (in terms of ESO) to remember the times when whole guilds were quitting the game, when some of the best players left, it was a dark time and future of ESO was a big question mark because of that. It's not polite nor smart to cheer because of loads of players quitting the game. Just saying.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • StamWhipCultist
    StamWhipCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    6V10qE6.png

Dude there's no need to swear, get over it, I made the full cycle of acceptance already and draw the following conclusion:

THEY WON'T SEE A DOLLAR OF MINE (lmao)

lol u r PC EU, u pay in euros
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »

You're to young (in terms of ESO) to remember the times when whole guilds were quitting the game, when some of the best players left, it was a dark time and future of ESO was a big question mark because of that. It's not polite nor smart to cheer because of loads of players quitting the game. Just saying.

Whole guilds quit? Oh jeez, what happened to cause that?

• lazerlaz
    lazerlaz
    ✭✭✭

Learn to adapt. Remember when shield duration got nerfed and everyone cried bloody murder and that this game is dead and people will quit etc etc? Ya, you're doing the same thing, yet amazingly sorcs managed to stay the strongest and easiest class to play in PVE and PVP.

The problem is people with egos who play that class brag about how good they think they are when in reality it's a broken class with free undodgable damage, executes, and instant defense.

If you don't have anything constructive to say then don't say anything at all.

If I was ZOS I would just laugh at your empty threats against your own account.

Actually I'm laughing right now lol.

• SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol u r PC EU, u pay in euros

Yep lol, but € or $ doesn't really matter

with those free juicy 100k we got by the end of the month I'll finish upgrading my bank space and say goodbye to the sub

:wink:

PC | EU
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Should I send flowers to the mass funeral for magsorcs instead?

This is a quitting thread (effectively). Asking for stuff and cheerfully waving goodbye are tradition, along with the traditional farewell message from the devs "We have closed this thread as its against our policy on quitting threads."
  • StamWhipCultist
    StamWhipCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You are young? Im 4 years in ESO lol
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is a quitting thread (effectively). Asking for stuff and cheerfully waving goodbye are tradition, along with the traditional farewell message from the devs "We have closed this thread as its against our policy on quitting threads."

Ok I read the thing five times now, nowhere do I see that OP is quitting yet. I see “IF it makes it past PTS..."

Edited by Reistr_the_Unbroken on September 25, 2018 12:12PM
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Zoal_AUG
    Zoal_AUG
    ✭✭✭

i wont miss u neither every player who wants balanced pvp
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IB4L - See you when you come back in a few months?
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Thrain
    Thrain
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I leave I will delete everything. This game is turning into hot garbage anyway

If you are thinking about like that then you wouldnt enjoy this game even if the nerf wont go live and sorc gets even buffed.
    Zos got more than enough time to change it and even if they wouldnt change it maybe 1 month after murkmire they could buff sorc again or at least patch the 1 sec out.
    Just for the info there are more classes than just sorc you know^^
    Its a bit funny to see how some ppl getting crazy just because of a nerf
    If you cut your finger in real life are you then like "you better stop bleeding right now or im gonna delete my life"?
    If you are still thinking about quiting the game just because of sorcs funeral then goodbye you better delete your account before you would get the psijic house^^ (if you own summerset)
    Edited by Thrain on September 25, 2018 12:17PM
  • Massive_Stain
    Massive_Stain
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have been around for every nerf zos has done, and judging by your comment, you are someone who joined when Morrowind dropped. My post was addressing the fact that this is not world of Warcraft. Cooldowns should never have been a part of this game and the fact that people are embracing it is telling. Wait; your class will get some nerf love too. I promise.
  • Thrain
    Thrain
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have been around for every nerf zos has done, and judging by your comment, you are someone who joined when Morrowind dropped. My post was addressing the fact that this is not world of Warcraft. Cooldowns should never have been a part of this game and the fact that people are embracing it is telling. Wait; your class will get some nerf love too. I promise.

Just for the info i play since 3 years now not as long as you maybe but long enough to care less about nerfs.
    Wouldnt it be better to wait until murkmire releases instead of crying around in the first pts week about a nerf?
    And you say my class is going to get nerfs as well? Im pretty sure they will cuz i play every class :wink:
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok I read the thing five times now, nowhere do I see that OP is quitting yet. I see “IF it makes it past PTS..."

Hence the (effectively) :)
  • profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "You want to cry me a river? Go ahead. Maybe you can float out of Craglorn."
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think we're all pretty sure it's making it past PTS, considering ZOS didn't chain the cast time but rather focused on the paint points of a cast time with the PTS point release. Hence OP might want to start making arrangements.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zoal_AUG wrote: »

i wont miss u neither every player who wants balanced pvp

Yeah, screw us who only play PvE and don't have the stamina to roll dodge 24/7 during the abundant 1 shot mechanics in trials.
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thrain wrote: »

Just for the info i play since 3 years now not as long as you maybe but long enough to care less about nerfs.
    Wouldnt it be better to wait until murkmire releases instead of crying around in the first pts week about a nerf?
    And you say my class is going to get nerfs as well? Im pretty sure they will cuz i play every class :wink:

You usually want to steer your car BEFORE it crashes into a wall. Not to investigate on damage after it's done.
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good. One less shield spammer.

Soon enough I'll be able to put away my shieldbreaker/sload/oblivion weapons.
    Edited by Sarousse on September 25, 2018 1:33PM
  • Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yes, we need more cornflower. I'm coordinating the funeral.
    Turelus wrote: »

I think we're all pretty sure it's making it past PTS, considering ZOS didn't chain the cast time but rather focused on the paint points of a cast time with the PTS point release. Hence OP might want to start making arrangements.

Perhaps. The comment about the interruption being addressed sort of leads me to believe that it was initially overlooked and that they did take the feedback into consideration. There are some solid arguments against the change.
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

If you are thinking about like that then you wouldnt enjoy this game even if the nerf wont go live and sorc gets even buffed.

In this you are right. The game HAS taken a bad turn. Just do vMOS: unlike the whole previous content, this time if you are not a tank you can't even block 1 attack from a boss without dying. Good bye exciting emergent "save the day" resses and similar.

Trials have become cheap, ultra-short, badly made and copy paste 3 minibosses who you can play as copy-paste alone or copy-paste all together in the end boss room.

PvP has actually worsened in performance even compared to 2014 and cancer sets now flood the game.
    Zos got more than enough time to change it and even if they wouldnt change it maybe 1 month after murkmire they could buff sorc again or at least patch the 1 sec out.

Who cares if they "buff" a class. Mages have instant shields in every game, no buff is going to restore proper gameplay.

And while they are wondering what they have done wrong (usually it takes >= 1 years, not 1 month) there's not a single reason to keep giving them money.
    Its a bit funny to see how some ppl getting crazy just because of a nerf
    If you cut your finger in real life are you then like "you better stop bleeding right now or im gonna delete my life"?

And here is why the game has taken a bad turn: you and the devs don't even understand the implications of this "cut finger". They just took away the last of our class defining skills and you compare it with a bleed.

But you are just a gamer, you are not required to know the game. The ESO devs do, though. Yet, they have put in charge people who have proven (in a streaming) they couldn't even finish normal CR.

Edited by Vahrokh on September 25, 2018 1:39PM
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If it's so fast paced that you need instant defense all the time there is a problem.

And that's exactly why healers aren't as useful as they ought to be.

The issue isn't shields. That's just a band aid some players were using to help alleviate what is an error in the combat design. They need to slow it down instead of killing everyone instantaneously.
    Edited by Jeremy on September 25, 2018 1:42PM
  • Thrain
    Thrain
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vahrokh wrote: »

You usually want to steer your car BEFORE it crashes into a wall. Not to investigate on damage after it's done.

So what have sorcs to investigate then?
    The fact that we got 8 free charslots and 5 classes should be reason enough to care about nerfs less
    If i had 8 cars i can crash into a wall (without getting injured) and the cars would still be ok cuz sorc is still playable then i wouldnt care that much about it :wink:
    Sorc is still a playable class and if i said before i play all classes so dont act like i wouldnt get the nerf as well if it comes.
    Its just a bit pathetic that we need like 5+ threads about the same nerf in the first pts week...