The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

THIS IS WHY I DON’T GOLD MY GEAR

• Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    never gold armor or jewelry

always gold weapons

• Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run atleast 50 dungeons a week. Each dungeon gives me ~5K gold from gold drops to selling EVERYTHING off after. What else am I gonna do with my gold? Play Malibu ken with my character lol
  • AbysmalGhul
    AbysmalGhul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is that you don't gold out gear?
  • Finviuswe
    Finviuswe
    ✭✭✭✭
    THINGS U CAN GOLD :

Weapons (have to)
    Monster Set
    Big Armor Pieces first

This right here is the order of importance (or operations, don't quote me on that).

You have to gold your weapons or else you might as well just quit the game. No, that's too harsh. But really, you have to gold those weapon.

Monster sets next because that is only a 2 piece there and, the increase is significant and noticeable. If you have a good monster set, one that you happen to really like, might as well gold it. They also do not seem to be nerfed as often.

Then, if you have found a 5 pc set you really like. Well, you don't have to gold it all at once if you don't want to spend all that gold at once. You can start with the big armor pieces first and then work your way down. Who knows, maybe it is nerfed before you can even finish golding the set !!

Lately, I've just been doin' weapons 'cuz (have to), well you should always do weapons and I do do monster sets it isn't that much cost in the grand scheme of things and, again, the increase is noticeable and significant.
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gold is for weapons only, as far as I’m concerned.
  • Finviuswe
    Finviuswe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gold is for weapons only, as far as I’m concerned.

valid. Monster sets is merely next within the order of importance

It's a distant 2nd.
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well. 3-4 months is a reasonable amount of time to save up enough gold to make a new set...so if you make a set you like and it becomes outdated just save up for the next one. If you make a set and one doesn't come out that helps you, than nothing to worry about. There is a substantial difference between gold and purple and your gimping yourself and your teammates on principle rather than play.
    Edited by LegacyDM on September 25, 2018 6:19AM
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
  • StamWhipCultist
    StamWhipCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I gold out gear that I want to use. I dont care about patch changes too much. Also, weapons are mandatory to be best possible quality or you are doing it wrong.
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get a trading guild, use your brain and... hiltonnn.JPG

Then gold everything without caring about the future changes in game.
    Edited by Sarousse on September 25, 2018 6:25AM
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I gold everything except jewelry.
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only Ebon, SPC and weapons are golden.
  • xshatox
    xshatox
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am rich. I am a wealthy merchant and explorer.
    I can afford to golded out my equipment even though there is frequent change on sets.
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plebs
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always gold out my weapons and sometimes my gear if I use it a lot. No point hoarding my gold.
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?
  • Darkenarlol
    Darkenarlol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This patch is why I will NEVER gold my gear.
    As soon as you get a great set, think it’s going to perform, and it does...BOOM. A nerf comes to the set or the class or a better version comes out.
    I’ll stick with purple. Seriously.

you don't gold your gear not because of patches bur because you can't afford it

poor people usually blame anything instead of themselves for their lack of cash
  • Donatelllo
    Donatelllo
    ✭✭✭
    It all needs to be gold! Gold GOld GOLd GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!! MUUUHAHAHAHAHAHA GOOOOOLLLLDDDDD!!!
  • LuxLunae
    LuxLunae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    when I was a noob and got to cp 160...I golded my dreigh king slayer, gladiator..to name a few
  • Aisle9
    Aisle9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, what's getting nerfed ?
    Artemis Absinthe - DC magicka nightblade (PC - EU)
    Gruzosh Barrelsmasher - DC stamina sorcerer (PC - EU)
    Kew'bacca - AD stamina nightblade (PC - EU)
    Jebediah Orbrynn - DC magicka templar (PC - EU)
    Hold-Many-Bags - Mule DK, Promoted to main tank, occasionally stamDD
    Olaf Proudstache - Mule - No longer with us Now a Stamwarden healer
    Aglieglie Brazorf - AD magicka sorcerer (PC - EU)
    Rodolfo Lavandino - DC stamina, greatsword wielding, Jesus beam spamming, Redguard hybrid templar just a stamplar again (PC - EU)
    Lemmy Raise Master - EP stamina necromancer (PC - EU)

Scions of Dawn recruitment ad - PC EU multifaction PvE endgame raiding guild

LUI user - I can see you when you fap loot.

#SpellswordArmy
    #MakeSpellswordsGreatAgain

In the Game of PuGs you win or you ragequit

"Dip dip potato chip, dip dip potato chip"
  • Sevalaricgirl
    Sevalaricgirl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I gold my Hundings. Of course I have it on a Bosmer who only uses a bow and dual daggers and never uses any of the of the nb skills. She is a werewolf though. Plus I can always pass down the armor to my other stam people like my stam sorc and stam warden. Otherwise, I can't afford to gold armor lol.
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I gold out weapons and enchants. I normally run 2-3 different builds per class, and my magnb main have 7 builds I play with. With all those builds I just can't afford it.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I golded out curse eater the other day waiting for the day it gets a massive buff like Cyrodil Crest and Robes of the Hist...

Oh wait...
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I only gold out weapons and large clothing pieces. Waxes are cheap enough where it's not a huge issue.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I make every set I use golden, if the 5 piece changes. Not making e.g. Worm golden, because the cost red. is a fixed value, but making transmutation golden was always a must, since the 5pc bonus changes.
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I make every set I use golden, if the 5 piece changes. Not making e.g. Worm golden, because the cost red. is a fixed value, but making transmutation golden was always a must, since the 5pc bonus changes.

This.
    Also the increase in resistances, stats and boni add up, so why not maximize efficiency.

People judge classes to be garbage when they are like 3% behind in DPS but are too cheap to gold out their mains, smh.
    Edited by Berenhir on September 25, 2018 10:54AM
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • Coatmagic
    Coatmagic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    meh, this one has very sticky paws, yes?

always enough for golding of gears...

with the exception of this ones jewels, because this one prefers shiny house items instead xD
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm that cheap that I only gold out the front hand weapon on duel wield :lol:

I've only ever golded mech acuity & ebon & at 10k per gold mat on Xbox EU that wasn't cheap.
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Healer main:

I have golded out...
    Worm
    SPC
    Perfect Olorime
    IA
    Sanctuary
    Mending
    Twilight Remedy
    Combat Physician (that was a mistake :( )
    Julianos (Light and Heavy)
    Seducer (Light and Heavy)
    Fortified Brass
    Plague Doctor
    War Maiden
    Imperium
    Healers Habit (v12 days!)
    Earthgore
    Bogdan
    Lord Warden
    Domihaus
    Asylum/vMA resto
    vMA/Set Staves

...and that's just on my healer. I have not upgraded all the jewelry, but I have golded out some, as I get the mats.

I may have a problem... I also have more mats and gold than I know what to do with them, so I might as well upgrade.

Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DanteYoda wrote: »
    Same its why crafting is a sham.

Agree stick to purple bought gear..

Because of my crafter my bank space is filled with mostly gold crafted sets, overland sets, dungeon sets, and monster sets in bis traits.. because of my crafter I never spent any of my gold on acquiring any of that.
    love is love
  • TwilightAngel_89
    This patch is why I will NEVER gold my gear.
    As soon as you get a great set, think it’s going to perform, and it does...BOOM. A nerf comes to the set or the class or a better version comes out.
    I’ll stick with purple. Seriously.

Yep exactly, this happened to me when I golded some acuity
    Edited by TwilightAngel_89 on September 25, 2018 11:59AM
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

tumblr_m55tktOTfL1qfpz4oo1_400.jpg