The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

THIS IS WHY I DON’T GOLD MY GEAR

gamerguy757
gamerguy757
✭✭✭✭✭
This patch is why I will NEVER gold my gear.
As soon as you get a great set, think it’s going to perform, and it does...BOOM. A nerf comes to the set or the class or a better version comes out.
I’ll stick with purple. Seriously.
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only gold out weapons and use the golden vendor in Cyrodill since i have a lot of AP. Golding out anything else when we get a new DLC every 3 to 4 months is a waste by the time were done farming for the gear we have maybe 3 months until its not BIS anymore other
    Edited by RebornV3x on September 24, 2018 11:43PM
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RebornV3x wrote: »
    I only gold out weapons

This ^^^^

and staple sets like Julianos and Hundings.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Making everything gold is a waste of resources. At most get one set in weapons and jewels in gold.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My first year of playing, I used to gold-out my armor.
    Now I only do weapons except in the rarest of cases.
  • dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I learnt my lesson when I made a full set of gold heavy hundings rage at VR14... I was so proud if it... for about a month then the news that VR16 was going to be the new cap.

Now I only improve weapons to gold of sets that are 100% complete (ie: have all pieces in the right traits).
    NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
  • Indigo_Shade
    Indigo_Shade
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with a lot of other comments here. Recently rolled my first ESO Sorceror, leveled her, and got all all her divine gear to gold. Nirned her weapons, and turned em to gold too. 9 pieces total.

Twist: 1 week before the shield nerf announcement.

Moral: its not worth it
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with a lot of other comments here. Recently rolled my first ESO Sorceror, leveled her, and got all all her divine gear to gold. Nirned her weapons, and turned em to gold too. 9 pieces total.

Twist: 1 week before the shield nerf announcement.

Moral: its not worth it

From a sorc standpoint I get it, it sucks.

But the gear is still useful for non-Sorc
    Valrien Dravic -- Level 50 Dunmeri Sorcerer (EP)
    Garahel Dravic -- Level 50 Bosmeri Nightblade (EP)
    Tamriel Unlimited was a mistake. One Tamriel was a bigger mistake
  • Kinnahz
    Kinnahz
    ✭✭✭
    When you are raiding for top scores, any little extra in stats help imho. I don't mind Golding sets out each patch, gives me something to work towards.
    Xbox Gamertag: KINNAHZ
    vHRC HM, vAA HM, vSO HM, vMoL HM, vHoF HM, vAS+2, vCR+3, EoF, SoTN, Oax HM, Lyl & Tur HM vDSA, Unchained, Flawless, Spirit Slayer
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LeHarrt91 wrote: »
    I only gold out weapons

This ^^^^

Don't let Rob Garrett or Wrobel hear you say this..
    love is love
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Meh I gold everything, and park when it gets nerfed, advantages of being stinking rich with tons of gold mats I suppose :p
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only gold out weapons

This ^^^^

Don't let Rob Garrett or Wrobel hear you say this..

True that lol
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gold mats need to be a login reward, or at least less rare and easier to obtain
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Go ahead and gold out those sets. If they get nerfed, shelve them until they come back in power (they WILL, they always will).

Your other options are to sit on a bunch of gold mats (useless) or

Sell the mats for a chunk of gold that there is nothing in game worth spending it on (again useless)
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have gold mats, so I gold out gear that I feel I'll use for a patch or more.

It's pretend money, who cares. I don't really understand having any kind of weird superiority about handicapping yourself to save some pixels.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • GreenLegendRan
    I could put my gear ed very change I get: I run healer as my main and it seems about one every 3 dlcs a new set comes out that is of benefit four the class.

If you are running multiple classes, toons, and/or accounts, I can see hope you would have to prioritize. But with 1 toon, its easy to gold what you want.
  • pauli133
    pauli133
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I keep it, I gold it. The cost is negligible.
  • supaskrub
    supaskrub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only gold armour I have on any of my 15 characters is on my Stamsorc Orc farmer, darkstride and cowards... he harvested raw mats for refining he deserves it...
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only gold out weapons

This ^^^^

I had a guildie who got burned, golding out NMG and Sunderflame the day before the press embargo for Summerset was up. :/
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Same its why crafting is a sham.

Agree stick to purple bought gear..
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only gold out weapons...

If you're going by the numbers, weapons, and only weapons are worth golding. No other piece justifies the cost.
  • Mister_DMC
    Mister_DMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do writs, and get hirelings. You'll have more gold and mats than you know what to do with.
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1 what they nerf?

2 I agree, can we all delete the comments about the previously mentioned staple sets... the zos overloads are not to be trusted
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    really just dont even mention things on the forum you dont want nerfed into the ground
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I gold out everything that I know I'm going to be using for awhile. If they eventually nerf it, then so be it; I'll adapt with the setup I have or gold out a new set. Acquiring money and gold mats have never been an issue for me.
  • ResTandRespeC
    ResTandRespeC
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everything i use is gold, jewelry being an occasional exception, although less so recently.My gold willpower jewelry for vMA runs finally got checked of my bucket list. Gold is very easy to get for me.
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I only gold out sets with guaranteed damage:

Innate plus:

Netch
    Silks
    War Maiden
    Ysgramor
    Automaton
    ...and soon Swamp Raider.

The combination of Innate with any of those sets is a guaranteed 800 physical/magic damage. No procs. No gimmicks.
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I don't follow the meta and play my own way I tend to gold out anything that has seen a 3 month rotation on any of my characters
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I golded out my Ebon Armor.
  • Audens
    Audens
    ✭✭✭
    Poor people be like
    unban my first account thanks
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to only gold my weapons, but the new jewelry traits changed everything. Infused, Bloodthirsty and Swift all need to be gold!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE