The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is Bonepirate + Shackle breaker too much sustain on Stam NB

miahus
miahus
✭✭
haven't played stam NB for years, and was wondering if that combo is too much sustain and I'm better off using something else. Replies appreciated.
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ever since Morrowind, there's no such thing as too much sustain. You can always add to your damage with a monster helm & shoulders combo as well as with jewelry glyphs if you feel that you're lacking there.

BP & Shackle is a very viable combination.
  • Finviuswe
    Finviuswe
    ✭✭✭✭
    BP and Shackle is totally fine, but you just won't reach the big numbers with it.

Big weapon dmg numbers, that is. Sustain will be more than enough, and Shackle helps a lot with your magicka pool for cloak.
    Edited by Finviuswe on September 25, 2018 1:23AM
  • miahus
    miahus
    ✭✭
    ESO_GOD wrote: »
    BP and Shackle is totally fine, but you just won't reach the big numbers with it.

Big weapon dmg numbers, that is. Sustain will be more than enough, and Shackle helps a lot with your magicka pool for cloak.

so how do i reach the big numbers while still having a reasonable sustain>?
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your max stam pool will be your source of damage. I sometimes prefer high stam over high weapon damage.
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?
  • miahus
    miahus
    ✭✭
    xskinzcity wrote: »
    Your max stam pool will be your source of damage. I sometimes prefer high stam over high weapon damage.

problem with that is max stam damage doesn't get buffed by major brutality, does it?
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    miahus wrote: »

problem with that is max stam damage doesn't get buffed by major brutality, does it?

That is actually a great question. I've never thought of that but I always preferred hulking for all my builds. Hmm.
  • Finviuswe
    Finviuswe
    ✭✭✭✭

so how do i reach the big numbers while still having a reasonable sustain>?

You can try something like Veiled Heritance, Ravager.

For medium you have senche, sheer venom grants two weapon damage bonuses off the top of my head.

You can try Air which is pretty much the same thing as senche, even pair it with senche a lot of people used to do this but neither of these sets were ever nerfed. That build can reach ridiculously high wpn dmg and sustain is fine. Stamblade sustain is usually pretty easy.

You can add in wpn dmg glyph on jewelry to further boost wpn dmg.
  • Finviuswe
    Finviuswe
    ✭✭✭✭
    And don't get me wrong, Shackle + BP is still very solid and nobody would ever fault you for running that, I wouldn't fault you for running that.

I just wonder if you'd even breach 4k wpn dmg with that setup, shackle gives 1 weapon dmg bonus, BP gives none (but a ton of stam), and neither proc weapon dmg or anything like that.

But sustain, of course, will be no issue. It would be a very convenient build to play, and you can always add wpn dmg glyphs to jewelry to further boost damage.
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Run balorgh then problem solved lol. With bp I would most likely run 3 weapon damage enchants anyway.
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's not too much. You can just allocate everything else to damage.
  • SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for non-CP & BGs you would do alright with those sets
    PC | EU
    Ashlander and Mephala worshipper.
    "You are just another breed of domestic animal, grazing stupidly while higher beings plot your slaughter."
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run Shacklebreaker + Bonepirate + 1 Kena + 1 Bloodspawn. Sometimes I swap out 1 Kena + 1 Bloodspawn for full Trollking. Thing with stamblade is that you don´t have to stack insane amount of weapon damage or offensive stats to be able to kill someone. You can basically run a full sustain setup on a stamblade is still be able to kill almost any setup. Only builds I find hard to kill are the really tanky healbots and DK´s that build for nothing but survivability and tankiness.

• leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But it gets buffed by:

20% for having 300cp
    2 - 6% from undaunted
    Some from racials

With that setup you can reach around 40k stam and 4.2k~ wpn dmg.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a very viable setup. You can run Balorgh for the burst weapon damage. And transmute all of your jewelry to infused and run weapon damage glyphs. Easily hit 4K+ buffed, even without Balorgh proc.
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And don't get me wrong, Shackle + BP is still very solid and nobody would ever fault you for running that, I wouldn't fault you for running that.

I would fault you for that, in-fact, I'm already faulting you. you've been faulted. what say ye to the fault ye hath been faulted with?

faulter
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You kill the average player with a minimum of 3k weapon damage on a stam blade. You have more tools at your disposal to drop an opponent than any other class.

If your weapon damage is in the 3k range you need to take note of your max stat and penetration. For an example my magblade has 3.1-3.2 spell damage. Doesn’t look so high but when you see that I have 45k max, berserk and 13k penetration in cp plus a burst opportunity with incap; it all starts to add up.