Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stuck in Stamina Sustain Hell

smashcats
smashcats
✭✭✭
I'm just confused about what they expect you to do with stam characters.

Here are the options I've come up with.

1: Never sprint so you can maybe cast a few abilities when you get to the fight

2: play a mag character

All jokes aside, what am I supposed to do on a stamina character I'm confused, I don't have stamina by the time i run 20 feet over to the next mob I've wasted it all sprinting, cast 1-3 abilities and you're at 0.

Seems like if you run any set that focus' on sustain your weapon damage and everything else is just too low for me to be happy with my stats lol
Edited by smashcats on September 24, 2018 5:33PM
  • Warganic
    Warganic
    What is your weapon damage without a sustain set? What sets are you running? What's your rotation looking like? Why are you sprinting between mobs that are 20 feet away if you can just leash the mob to you in the first place? The first couple of questions will really help though with solving your problem.
    PC:
    Warganic - Redgaurd Stamplar DC

PS4:
    Warganic - RedgaurdStamplar DC
    Killmonger II - Redgaurd Stamden DC
    Chim Sa Choy - Argonian Magden EP
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are you sprinting to another mob? They will wait for you to get there.

Now, do you have 7 pieces of Medium Armor? And, do you have all the medium armor passives? Are you wearing gear that benefits a Stamina character with a nod to cost reduction or increased regen? Are you using any Foods or Drinks to buff attributes or regen? Are you spamming skills to fast and not letting the DOTs do their job? Are you using ranged attacks to soften the mobs up then closing melee? Are you using crowd control to keep the mobs in place so you can saunter over at your leisure?
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Frawr
    Frawr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warganic wrote: »
    What is your weapon damage without a sustain set? What sets are you running? What's your rotation looking like? Why are you sprinting between mobs that are 20 feet away if you can just leash the mob to you in the first place? The first couple of questions will really help though with solving your problem.

I think his point is that one type of player shares their attack pool with their running pool and the other type of player does not.

I think that the most sensible solution (and not one that we will ever see) is to make all attacks use the same pool.

• RedRook
    RedRook
    ✭✭✭✭
    It may cheer you up to know that if you choose option number 2, you also get option number 1.

I play all magicka specs. It's a special occasion for me to sprint, or I'm nowhere near combat. I can't afford to waste the stamina on it, ever.
  • MooseKnuckles88
    MooseKnuckles88
    ✭✭✭✭
    What race and class are you playing? What are your attribute points in? What are champion points set in the green trees? What gear are you using? Are you using recovery glyphs om jewelry? What food/drink do you use on your character? Are you weaving attacks correctly or over casting skill? Are you using spell potions?

All of those things have an effect on resources.
    Edited by MooseKnuckles88 on September 24, 2018 7:19PM
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    smashcats wrote: »

All jokes aside, what am I supposed to do on a stamina character I'm confused, I don't have stamina by the time i run 20 feet over to the next mob I've wasted it all sprinting, cast 1-3 abilities and you're at 0.

Seems like if you run any set that focus' on sustain your weapon damage and everything else is just too low for me to be happy with my stats lol

I found mag to be alot worse. I started with mag sorc. Constantly out of magicka then have no magicka to use shields to defend myself.
    Made a stmblade, was much easier.
    To be honest though, it may be that having no CP just sucks. As soon as you have 300 cp you can just put 100 into mooncalf for stam or archanist for mag.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    smashcats wrote: »

I found mag to be alot worse. I started with mag sorc. Constantly out of magicka then have no magicka to use shields to defend myself.
    Made a stmblade, was much easier.
    To be honest though, it may be that having no CP just sucks. As soon as you have 300 cp you can just put 100 into mooncalf for stam or archanist for mag.

If you put more then 75 cp into any node, you are wasting them. Personally, I have at least 35 cp into sprinter for all my DPS toons, both Stam and mag, for 20% cost reduction of sprinting. As to the OPs problem, heavy attack to open the fight, get some Stam back.

All my dps build pretty much have the same cp set up in the green. 35 in to sprinter, 75 into tenacity, 75 into mooncalf/arcanist, then an even split
    of 75 cp into shadow Ward and tumbling. Think 37/38, to get the treasure Hunter passive.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on September 25, 2018 4:05AM
  • AuraNebula
    AuraNebula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh yeah because shields are free and do not cost any magicka to keep them up.

Also who in the world sprints to the next mob? Lol
  • daemonor
    daemonor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jeez posted in a wrong thread, how do I delete this
    Edited by daemonor on September 25, 2018 5:48PM
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So many unanswered questions. Here are some shots in the dark:

1. Get Vicious Ophidian gear
    2. If you can't get VO gear, build Hundling's Rage or go farm Briarheart, then go farm Hel Ra, AA, and SO for VO gear.
    3. Get Dubious Camoran Throne drink
    4. Figure out a rotation so you are not constantly casting high-cost abilities in battle

• kathandira
    kathandira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Run with a healer like me. I am designed as a resource battery. Granted, i'm geared more towards returning Magicka to the team, but between Shards and Combustion, you would have ways to get some of that stamina back during and in between fights.
    PS4-NA. Breton Templar Healer, Bosmer Stamplar, Breton Magplar, Orsimer StamDK, Dunmer MagDK, Khajiit StamNB, Dunmer MagNB, Argonian Warden Tank, Altmer Magsorc
  • Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Did we ever figure out why OP is sprinting from mob to mob? Because let's face it...that's the reason he never has stamina.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Did we ever figure out why OP is sprinting from mob to mob? Because let's face it...that's the reason he never has stamina.

My guess is that he is running with a group where people are wearing gear that gives Major Expedition after a kill. They are "running" but not sprinting and he can't keep up with them.