The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Suggestion for pet sorc

WhipSmartMcoy
WhipSmartMcoy
✭✭✭
I have some thoughts for the two pet skills for sorcs which I believe could be fun, as well as an improvement to sorc sustain, survivability, and damage.
Not saying sorcs are too weak, or that other classes don't need work. This is just my idea for changing the sorc meta that doesn't have to do with shields.

All right so for starters, The matriarch.
Remove the cast time (yeah I said it) and make it "more in line" with the Warden netch skill. The matriarch appears at instant cast, and heals the caster for x over y. The morphs, still mirroring the netch, should be the same healing effect with one version also restpring x stam over y, and the other morph x magic over y. If they revert dark deal to instantly restore resources (or simply not implement the current PTS change at) it would make sorcs of ALL specs choose between a cast time skill that instantly restores resources, or an instant skill that restores resources over time. Or both, go wild. What do you guys think?

As for the familiar
Also remove the cast time. Make it an instant cast skill, needing a target, that summoms a familiar who charges at the opponent targeted, and explodes (within 4 meters of target) for a magic damage aoe affecting all enemies within 7 meters. The familiar should move as fast as a player with MINOR expedition, so that you can't simply walk away from it, but you can run from it. If it doesnt reach its target within 7 seconds, it explodes where it is. If you recast it before it explodes, it does not.

The clanfear morph should switch to physical damage, scale off max stam, and have its radius increased to 11m (it will still need to reach 4 meters away from target first)
As for the magic morph, simply leave it the same but add a stun.

I don't know what the damage values or resource returns should be without breaking the game, but thats why I'm asking what you guys think.
Thoughts?
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest, I prefer the current sorc summons setup.

The ugly monkey is a damage morph and the beautiful clannfear is a tank morph. If the clannfear needs anything, it is health not damage (damage is the ugly monkey's job).

The matriarch (heals) is perfect as she is. The other morph (damage I guess) is a ripe target for some sort of improvement since almost no one uses it. I dunno, possibly a potent stam damage morph? Heh, I would like to see the twilight's size reduced by half so she is not so visibly obtrusive/in the way.
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on September 23, 2018 9:50PM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't you dare touch my clannfear. He's like a sweet puppy that also gives nice health. I couldnt use him if he scaled off stamina. I would like him to do a bit more damage tho.

There's literally nothing wrong with the Matriarch. If you want to change a sorc pet, change the Tormentor, nobody uses it. Not when the Matriarch has a burst heal that is my OS button in certain situations.

Another change I'd do is change one of the storm atronach morphs to be an air atronach that scales off of stamina and does physical damage.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC