Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New shields [snip]

mistrija999
mistrija999
✭✭✭
zo$ do you even play your [snip] game ? like have you ever played non cp mag chars? or all you do is be [snip] zergling on stamina classes when u "test"
ZO$ balancing stuff.... [snip] ... skills dont work half the time, servers are [snip], triple CCs happening.. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_Wrobel no this is not toxic this is the truth, show me with some facts that I am wrong eh ?

Edit: added more nice words
In before ban/remove :'D

[Edit for bypassing profanity filter, bashing, and baiting.]
Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on September 22, 2018 12:10AM
  • lassitershawn
    lassitershawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol
    William Thorne - EP Breton Sorcerer
    Astrid Winterborn - EP Breton Warden
    Erik Ironskin - EP Nord Dragonknight
    Venasa Viri - EP Dunmer Nightblade

IR x8, GH x5, TTT x2
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    At first I believed this was a lack of communication between PvP and PvE combat designer, One gave Gina a note about shields being crittable (PvP) and then she received another note with 1sec cast time (PvE).

After the statement that it was indeed intended. I lost all hope that this game will ever be what it used to be. And that ZoS is trying to effectively kill off the MMO in this game, and instead reinstate it as a Skyrim online game for casuals until TES6 comes.
    Edited by Kikke on September 21, 2018 4:37PM
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More constructive posts get more attention. Just FYI
  • mistrija999
    mistrija999
    ✭✭✭
    kikkehs wrote: »
    At first I believed this was a lack of communication between PvP and PvE combat designer, One gave Gina a note about shields being crittable (PvP) and then she received another note with 1sec cast time (PvE).

After the statement that it was indeed intended. I lost all hope that this game will ever be what it used to be. And that ZoS is trying to effectively kill off the MMO in this game, and instead reinstate it as a Skyrim online game for casuals until TES6 comes.

Big part of community is PVE plebs who pay them money and they listen to them and make changes in both pvp and pvp, usualy dont even listen to PVP players who actualy could help with balance..

edit--When they do listen that 5% of time it's only so they can claim they do listen community and it's usualy small stuff ..

Like when they do listen to PVP community it's mostly those random zerglings who couldnt kill good player cuz "his shields were too stronk pls nerf qq", and those random zerglings are crying all the time here so yea we get tardy changes in this game

Edit:added info
    Edited by mistrija999 on September 21, 2018 5:13PM
  • mistrija999
    mistrija999
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

Dont rly need attention, cuz even more constructive post wouldn't make any difference because who gives a *** about what community wants
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Big part of community is PVE plebs who pay them money and they listen to them and make changes in both pvp and pvp, usualy dont even listen to PVP players who actualy could help with balance..

Like when they do listen to PVP community it's mostly those random zerglings who couldnt kill good player cuz "his shields were too stronk pls nerf qq", and those random zerglings are crying all the time here so yea we get tardy changes in this game

I don't know what game you're playing, but ZOS almost exclusively balances the game based on PVP. PVE is an afterthought and skills continually lose their viability in PVE because PVP players are much more vocal about balance issues.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on September 21, 2018 4:44PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Constructive posts get no attention. Gilliam got invited through sheer force of perseverence, not because he was constructive.

If the class reps are unable to get it through to ZOS that this change is bad nothing will, and it'll hit live. And then you'll be stuck with it. We've tried civil time and again and time and again and they never change.

If the class reps cant do it, they themselves have stated it's a waste of time, and it's time to pull support from this game in every aspect. Sabotage every single piece of ZOS propaganda possible.

Try nice. If the class reps fail, Nice is no longer on the table.
  • mistrija999
    mistrija999
    ✭✭✭

I don't know what game you're playing, but ZOS almost exclusively balances the game based on PVP. PVE is an afterthought and skills continually lose their viability in PVE because PVP players are much more vocal about balance issues.

Well if they did wouldnt pvp be more balanced then ? i mean sure they mess up pve when they balanced based on pvp but they don't know how to balance anyway, based on current state of pvp
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zo$ do you even play your sh*t game ? like have you ever played non cp mag chars? or all you do is be tard zergling on stamina classes when u "test"
    ZO$ balancing stuff.... flat out tard people with no idea what's happening in their game only caring about money, killing off the game ... skills dont work half the time, servers are sh*t, triple CCs happening.. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_Wrobel no this is not toxic this is the truth, show me with some facts that I am wrong eh ?

First off the accuser of anything must prove their case. You cannot accuse someone and then expect them to answer your charge.

The reason I say this is becasue if you take the attitude that you make a claim and back that claim up with tests/data and then notify people at ZOS, the post goes a lot father and has a better chance of making people pay attention and maybe make a change that is to your point.

Spelling
    Edited by Defilted on September 21, 2018 4:51PM
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • mistrija999
    mistrija999
    ✭✭✭
    @Defilted
    Many people before me did that and it changes nothing..
    So it's not worth bothering or the time this way i just make some1 at zo$ pissed.. they are like women, they know you are right but they won't admit it :open_mouth:
  • RedRook
    RedRook
    ✭✭✭✭

Cite your source, please.
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar."
    RedRook wrote: »

Common sense doesn't need a source.
    Edited by Kanar on September 21, 2018 5:05PM
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Big part of community is PVE plebs
    more constructive post wouldn't make any difference because who gives a *** about what community wants

• mistrija999
    mistrija999
    ✭✭✭
    Kanar wrote: »
    "You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar."
    RedRook wrote: »

Common sense doesn't need a source.

Ye same like my points up there common sense :)
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm okay with them nerfing shields like this, they just need to give light armor users better access to other defenses like break free and roll that is NOT tied to CP. Instead they put a snare reduction and sprint speed increase...

"Hey look, you can run longer with your stamina. See how the one second cast time on shields doen't matter...? Oh you cant escape that stamina guy that has more sprint reduction and movement speed? He's spamming a gap closer that snares you, you say...? Uhh...just die! Don't worry, you will eventually find someone stupid to kill...maybe"
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    zo$ do you even play your sh*t game ? like have you ever played non cp mag chars? or all you do is be tard zergling on stamina classes when u "test"

Out of the countless quality threads calling attention to concerns about the shield cast time, this is the most eloquent and well-considered. 10/10.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can believe if you wish that a well researched post does not change anything all you want. I have seen well researched posts go along way to understand why something in the game is this way or that way( and the reason to change or leave alone). Being someone who works with software and customers I can tell you first hand you are wrong in your assumptions based on my experience in the software industry.

If you have facts and examples you will go much further in influencing the part of the game you want to influence. Name calling and just plain rudeness will get your post ignored. Trying to help you.

Based on what I have seen on the PTS up to this point with the shield cast time I do not believe the cast time will make it to live. Leaving just the shields being able to be crit and have resistances. The latter part of the change would indeed make shields more balanced IMO.

XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • CrazYDunm3r
    CrazYDunm3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZO$ balancing stuff.... flat out tard people with no idea what's happening in their game only caring about money, killing off the game ... skills dont work half the time, servers are sh*t, triple CCs happening.. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_Wrobel no this is not toxic this is the truth, show me with some facts that I am wrong eh ?

God has spoken
    YouTube
    Triggered Tryhards
  • mistrija999
    mistrija999
    ✭✭✭
    @Defilted
    if you dont see this problems yourself in game you should delete it, cuz you are one of the zerglings running around then..
    also make your own post then pls and fix all thats wrong with this game :)))
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok.....

Again not sure why the insults are needed, however I will continue the discussion.

If you think a one second cast time on shields is good for the game that is fine. Based on what I have seen so far it interrupts the flow of the game greatly and in this regard damages the combat of the game.

Making the Shields critable and allowing for resistances gives a players basically and additional health pool that is affected like a health pool. I think this is a huge change for shields and IMO a welcome one that will bring the balance you are looking for in shield play(In PVP).

Stopping the flow of combat for a one second cast time on a ability that light armor players need is a bad idea again IMO. Leaving the latter changes in still gives players an option to either run shields or resistance build.

Personally I do not play a PVP toon that uses shields. I have in the past and it is not a fun style of game play for me. Most players that are running shields once pressured (unless they are really good) just spend their time running and recasting shields just to stay alive and in turn doing no damage to me.

If the full change does go through it will be only a matter of time before these players adapt. I fully believe they are capable.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • mistrija999
    mistrija999
    ✭✭✭
    This was not about shields, title was to attract people, this is about game being badly balanced overall past 1 year lol, and if ever didnt play mag sorc in NON CP you can't talk about shield nerf change.
    Edited by mistrija999 on September 21, 2018 5:55PM
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This was not about shields, title was to attract people, this is about game being badly balanced overall past 1 year lol, and if ever didnt play mag sorc in NON CP you can't talk about shield nerf change.

He clearly said it was bad for the game. You can judge something without using it.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is incorrect. The shield cast time was because of PVE. Because healers werent being used in dungeons like was intended. 3 dps 1 tank.
    Its so obvious because stamina dominates in pvp, not mag. So why nerf mag then? I guess its because mag dominates in PVE.
    They also buffed stam Warden in a way that will make them dominate even more in pvp and made only wardens capable of giving minor toughness to a group.... Because wardens are under represented in PVE. The only pvp thing they did was make shields critable. Pvp for mag characters is DEAD. The devs obviously dont care too much about pvp. Or maybe they just have no idea what theyre doing.
    I have a better idea that wouldve helped mag in pvp. "When wearing 5 or more pieces of light armour, the stamina costs of rolldodge are reduced by 50%"
  • StamWhipCultist
    StamWhipCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mistrija, ako nas on ne izbalansira niko nece. If he does not balance us, noone will.
  • mistrija999
    mistrija999
    ✭✭✭
    "Look, I was gonna go easy on you not to hurt your feelings.
    But I'm only going to get this one chance.
    ...I'm beginnin' to feel like a Balance God, Balance God.. "
    @ZOS_Wrobel , @ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That's a very biased view.

Crittable shields is a PvP solution as most mobs don't crit. One sec cast time is PvE solution for vMA.
  • ZOS_GregoryV
    Greetings all,

Considering it has been mentioned that this thread has been created with no intention of being civil and constructive, as well as this thread being a ground for baiting other members of the community, we have felt it best to leave this thread closed.

Thank you for your understanding,
    -Greg-
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on September 22, 2018 12:12AM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.