The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

Blocking needs a 1 second cast time

DazPK
DazPK
Soul Shriven
Fight me.
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breath of Life, DK wings, cloak, vigor, all the restoration staff skills and blocking need cast times now its only far and balanced zos get to it and finally balance this broken game.
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you wanted to end animation cancelling, I'd rather stomach another of those threads than this tbh.
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your magicka regen should stop when u have an active shield and blocking should absorb 100% of the incoming damage.
    Edited by eso_nya on September 21, 2018 4:17PM
  • Qwazzy
    Qwazzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    CC breaking should require a 1 second channel that can be interrupted. /s
    Smallscale/Solo player on multiple servers

PC North America - Characters
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 16
    AD Templar - PvP 33
    AD Nightblade - PvP 17
    AD Dragonknight - PvP 19
    AD Necromancer - PvP 22
    EP Sorcerer - PvP 20
    EP Templar - PvP 21
    EP Nightblade - PvP 20
    DC Sorcerer - PvP 16
    DC Templar - PvP 24
    DC Nightblade - PvP 18
    Xbox North America - Characters
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 32
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 20
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 14
    AD Templar - PvP 41
    AD Templar - PvP 16
    AD Templar - PvP 14
    AD Warden - PvP 29
    AD Nightblade - PvP 27
    AD Dragonknight - PvP 18
    AD Necromancer - PvP 14
    Xbox Europe - Characters
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 42
    AD Templar - PvP 36
    EP Sorcerer - PvP 16
  • AuraNebula
    AuraNebula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything now needs a 1 second cast time. Lets make combat super slow and boring.
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eso_nya wrote: »
    Your magicka regen should stop when u have an active shield and blocking should absorb 100% of the incoming damage.

@eso_nya

Lemme give you some insight.

Let's say block mitigates 65%% damage (honestly forget is it 50% or 80%)

5 attacks hit said damage shield each doing 5k damage. Hits the player for 25k, damage shield absorbs 12k player gets hit for 13k.

5 attacks hit a blocking player for 5k each hit. Hits the player for 9k damage. Did not require a skill slot, a gcd, prevents numerous CCs and applies resistances so that 9k goes even lower.

Which defensive mechanic is better?

Take your tin foil hat off. The only player's that damage shields are OP against are low damage players.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DazPK wrote: »
    Fight me.

I would, but now my shields have a cast time.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything needs cast time so we all can die equally as fast as we can. Make bosses hit like truck with Soldier of Anguish 5pc effect too with 100% uptime. And every PvP mode should include 5 sec light attack cast time.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Arkangeloski
    Arkangeloski
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haha I don't block lol
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jsmalls wrote: »

@eso_nya

5 attacks hit said damage shield each doing 5k damage. Hits the player for 25k, damage shield absorbs 12k player gets hit for 13k.

5 attacks hit a blocking player for 5k each hit. Hits the player for 9k damage. Did not require a skill slot, a gcd, prevents numerous CCs and applies resistances so that 9k goes even lower.

Take your tin foil hat off. The only player's that damage shields are OP against are low damage players.

So you're saying that the damage shield nerf is not that bad because people have other better tools available to them?
    That's what I said in the thread to people complaining how a cast time on a damage shield will supposedly hurt survivability, that people just didn't know what options they had and didn't even need shields.

Except, they usually have so much magicka that they can keep recasting shields while blocking stops stamina regen so you can't just perma-block like you can perma-shield.

This thread is just another ridiculous "playing the victim" "WAAAH WAAAH WAAAH!" whining thread.
    Edited by Mystrius_Archaion on September 22, 2018 9:27AM
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    News Flash:
    Nerfs happen and more nerfs happen later. Careful what you wish for and everything you love is a target.
  • Zatox
    Zatox
    ✭✭✭✭
    pochemu-rebenok-chasto-plachet-i-kak-ego-uspokoit.jpg
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jsmalls wrote: »

@eso_nya

Blocking takes of 50% dmg.

if u get hit 5 times for 5k dmg and shield up against it, u take 0 dmg, cast 2 shields (~7k magicka), while getting 3 ticks of magicka regen.

if u get hit 5 times for 5k dmg and block, u take 12,5k dmg to your health, it costs u 10k stamina and u regain 400 stamina when u r running 5 heavy.

if u want to reduce block cost and increase the amount of dmg u can block u have to sacrifice offensive stats for it. shields get stronger for stacking max magicka.
    Edited by eso_nya on September 22, 2018 8:56AM
  • StamWhipCultist
    StamWhipCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DazPK wrote: »
    Fight me.

Do u even lift?
  • ZOS_Ragnar
    ZOS_Ragnar
    admin
    We have closed this thread as it is not constructive. There are other threads on this topic that we recommend you provide your feedback in.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.