The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Nightblade PvE Tank needs Buff due to recent Evasion changes and NB overall nerf to utility

susmitds
susmitds
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
NB tanks are already virtually non-existent in most endgame PvE, especially since the Sap-tanking nerfs and Siphoning Attacks changes.

There is only one last remaining reason to use NB tanks over others, that being they had unparalleled ulti-generation from Tava's Favor with Major Evasion from Blur. The recent changes to Evasion, while being a good thing on their own, makes this impossible. Additionally, the nerfs to Funnel Health and Refreshing Path further decrease the utility of NB tanks.

Reasons why NB tanks are not used:-
  • NB tanks can not Perma-Block, unlike DK tanks, Warden Tanks or Templar (this patch onwards) tanks.
  • NB tanks are considerably "frailer" compared to other tanks.
  • NB tanks don't add much to the utility of the group compared to other classes.

Possible solutions:-
  • Change Malevolent Offering to something actually useful to tanks.
  • Make Refreshing Path scale with higher stat as NB tanks are forced to have more Stamina than Magicka to make use of Shards and Orbs.
  • Anything else.

Also please make Power Extraction give both Major Sorcery and Major Brutality, like the other morph Sap Essence does. Not that it makes changes much, but Tanks use both magicka and stamina abilities and essentially Hybrids. This would help the damage-dealing tanks without really affecting Balance in any way.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1
    replace useless aoe reduction to some other form of dodge, for example let it provide 50% dicsount on dodge, so evasive chars could actively dodge without huge loss of resources
    #aoemitigationuselessfortanks
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Malevolent Offering is a NB healer skill. It is our Breath of Life equivalent and should not be turned into a tank skill.

They already tried it healing the caster and they didn't like it that way. It's actually just about perfect right now.

Dark Cloak was changed to suit tanks. That's the one you want to be using.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You may be right for tanking but NB is one of the best class at the moment.

Unless you want everybody to play NB it is beter they up other class then handle this issue
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would really like to see sap tanks being viable again. It was a fun playstyle while it lasted.
    But alas, ZOS are nerf-happy so I wouldnt expect them to improve anything.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malevolent Offering is a NB healer skill. It is our Breath of Life equivalent and should not be turned into a tank skill.

They already tried it healing the caster and they didn't like it that way. It's actually just about perfect right now.

Dark Cloak was changed to suit tanks. That's the one you want to be using.

Maybe one of the morphs then?
    Self-heals does not too much for the group really. I am saying, maybe one of the morphs give some good group utility along the heal. That way, it was useful for both healers and tanks.
    Edited by susmitds on September 21, 2018 3:05PM
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »

Unless you want everybody to play NB it is beter they up other class then handle this issue

Best DPS does not make any class the best though. Other classes got buffed in DPS too. As for PvP, I do not ever recall people not complaining about NBs. NBs were made to annoy other classes in PvP, it seems.
    Edited by susmitds on September 21, 2018 3:00PM
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »

It's definately in the top 5! I'd say probably 5th. (from NB tank perspective) I can actually get more DPS from another class, because it's just way easier and my imperial has no racial sustain meaning i have to adjust there... So i'd not say they are the best there either. They are the best at overland questng without a doubt. Invis lets you skip so much, which would be handy for the low DPS tank who... doesn't have it.

It really comes down to how you look at a class. If your favorite class is poor in your favorite role, then it's not the best, or if you can't handle an epic click-fest rotation, it also may not be the best class <for you>. ESO is capable of having such variety and some classes suit individuals really well, and others not. Just because someone else can get 50k DPS does not mean the next guy can.

Where things should be is all classes should be viable in all roles. This means there are no significant advantages or disadvantages choosing one class over another. Classes should be flavour, just like races should be flavour. (Also suffering from gratuitous in-balance.)
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am rerolling a Sorc Tank, after 4 years of Nightblade Tanking. ZOS doesn't't care about our playstyle.
    Edited by Rex-Umbra on September 21, 2018 3:33PM
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • jypcy
    jypcy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NB tanks aren’t used by high end raiding guilds because it’s most efficient for the tank to apply the unique Fiery Breath debuff instead of subbing a dps out to use it. The added rng ulti gen from tava’s was nice but there are plenty of other sets to run if you don’t want to try active dodging for ulti. Ime, tankblades are the most survivable tanks short of a dk that pops magma.

Also, passive aoe mitigation is a great boon for tanks that likely won’t be used in many tank builds that aren’t nbs.
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Have Blur apply to teammates. Giving out AoE mitigation would greatly improve our utility by providing a worthwhile buff to allies.

Give Path of Darkness a synergy that grants empower to allies w/ Refreshing Path granting 2 stacks of empower. A small change that give NB utility without they themselves benefiting from it. It gives NB Healers/Tanks more value as Refreshing provides healing as well as more damage buffs for allies.

Those 2 changes alone would make NB Tanks/Healers much more desirable.
    Argonian forever