The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

The new furniture items on Murkmire PTS

Zypheran
Zypheran
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I would just like to start by complementing the housing team on the 2 new houses that will at some stage be added. The Lakemire one in particular looks amazing.
On the other hand, the new furniture items that have been added are a bit disappointing. There have been SO many posts detailing the kinds of items that the community are crying out for and I'm a bit disappointed that the majority of this was ignored in favour of a few more boulders and trees!
There were many great assets introduced in this PTS patch but the refusal to make them available on the homestead system comes across as a blatant ignoring of the many pleas being made on a weekly basis.
ZOS please consider pushing the boat out a bit further during this PTS cycle and make more of the assets available as furniture.
Regards and thanks
All my housing builds are available on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Especially since the luxury vendor is not adding 3-4 a week anymore.
    Edited by Wreuntzylla on September 20, 2018 11:25PM
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boulders and trees!

As if we haven't got enough of those already. Especially the boulders.
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep in mind that new furniture items are themed with the DLC.

New Luxury items are a different story. The datamining seems to indicate that we are staying with the single vendor adding just one item/week (rarely 2 per week). I was really hoping we would see a second vendor with new themes!

I definitely think they could have reduced the number of Sithis shrines (and us Shadowscales would still be OK with it) and added some of the other Murkmire assets instead.

However, many of the "Wanted" furnishings aren't things that occur in Murkmire and I feel those would best be added via the Luxury vendor OR as new additions to old zones Home Goods vendors (or achievement vendors even)
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It feels like there are only two people working for the housing/furnishings part of the game in their spare time.

The community is asking mostly for items already in the game, also for houses that already exist, so I really feel we are ignored.

@Carbonised has made several lists of such items, many times asked by other players as well.
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indeed, sometimes I do feel that housing and furniture isn't prioritised very highly at the studio. So many items already exist in the game and could easily be added to NPC vendors, to the luxury vendor or even the Crown store, but items we have asked for for one year or even two years still go unnoticed.
    Also, recipe errors are fixed years after they should be, in this case the Wood Elf and Breton thrones just as an example.
    I do wish that ZOS would appoint a guy to be "head of housing systems" and have them work exclusively on housing and furnishing and maybe crafting systems, as well as giving the playerbase an easier channel to the dev team to give our ideas and bug reports.
    Everyone knows who to contact for PvP, everyone knows who's in charge of trials and dungeon content, and everyone knows who to contact for combat and balance changes. Who's in charge of housing, furnishings and crafting? No idea.
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    Indeed, sometimes I do feel that housing and furniture isn't prioritised very highly at the studio. So many items already exist in the game and could easily be added to NPC vendors, to the luxury vendor or even the Crown store, but items we have asked for for one year or even two years still go unnoticed.
    Also, recipe errors are fixed years after they should be, in this case the Wood Elf and Breton thrones just as an example.
    I do wish that ZOS would appoint a guy to be "head of housing systems" and have them work exclusively on housing and furnishing and maybe crafting systems, as well as giving the playerbase an easier channel to the dev team to give our ideas and bug reports.
    Everyone knows who to contact for PvP, everyone knows who's in charge of trials and dungeon content, and everyone knows who to contact for combat and balance changes. Who's in charge of housing, furnishings and crafting? No idea.

Especially when you consider that housing is the most expensive section of the game.
    Houses cost many multiples of the game itself, yet it does seem to be low down the priority list. Or at the very least, that there is a massive disconnect between the housing devs(s) and the housing community
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.