The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Shield users ideas for Murkmire build?

Stanx
Stanx
✭✭✭✭✭
I've been reading a lot about the cast time being added to shields and was wondering if people had any ideas about they are going to change their builds to adjust?

I'm assuming this will affect all shields available to mag users (like annulment)? I currently run a magsorc with hardened ward and as a perfectly average, casual player it must reduce my death toll by about 99%. I mainly play solo but have also gone through all normal and some vet dungeons, as well as a couple of normal trials.

Do you think people are going to start running a resto back bar? Or use pet builds more (sorcs/wardens)? I know there is an issue with pets when it comes to end-game content, though. I assume healing ward will also be given a cast time?

I'd look to dark conversion for sustain but know they are also changing the way the mag/stam is recovered, too.

I made the mistake of double-barring destro and just want to make sure I'm ready for when the changes hit with a level 50 resto skill line.

Anyway, sorry if you're fed-up that this has been discussed to death. Honestly, most of Tthe chat about this seems to be sorcs threatening to quit but I'd rather think about how I can adjust and still and enjoy content.

Thanks!
  • codestripper
    codestripper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, as a pet sorc if this goes live i'll be ditching the shield and slotting surge. Along wit this i'll be switching from IA to mother's sorrow for more consistent heals.

PS: you don't want to run a resto unless you're doing a lot of PvP. That would be a lot of damage down the drain for nothing in a PvE environment.
    Since everyone seems to be doing this,
    DPS Builds:
    - Magicka Sorcerer (Pet) [Flawless Conqueror @ 565CP] - 582k
    - Magicka Nightblade [Flawless Conqueror @ 780CP] - 575k
    - Stamina Sorcerer [Flawless Conqueror @ 420CP] - 560k
    - Magicka Classless [Flawless Conqueror @ 810CP] - 540k
    - Magicka Templar [Stormproof] - 550k
    - Magicka Warden [Stormproof] - 510k
    - Stamina Templar [In Development]
    - Stamina DK [In Development]
    - Stamina NB [Under 50]
  • Stanx
    Stanx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, as a pet sorc if this goes live i'll be ditching the shield and slotting surge. Along wit this i'll be switching from IA to mother's sorrow for more consistent heals.

PS: you don't want to run a resto unless you're doing a lot of PvP. That would be a lot of damage down the drain for nothing in a PvE environment.

Interesting, currently got 3 piece-IA with Julianos and Willpower. Still got my gold necro gear though so maybe I will go the the pet / surge set-up. Just looked into mother's sorrow, no idea why I didn't know about it before. Will find out where to farm and get busy!

Are you going to run a familiar and twilight for DPS and health sustain? Guess I could just single-bar inner light.

Thanks for replying, mate!
  • codestripper
    codestripper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stanx wrote: »

Interesting, currently got 3 piece-IA with Julianos and Willpower. Still got my gold necro gear though so maybe I will go the the pet / surge set-up. Just looked into mother's sorrow, no idea why I didn't know about it before. Will find out where to farm and get busy!

Are you going to run a familiar and twilight for DPS and health sustain? Guess I could just single-bar inner light.

Yes, i'll be keeping my build the same besides that change. I currently run the following:
    Front bar: Daedric prey, volatile familiar, bound aegis, inner light, twilight matriarch, [destro ult]
    Back bar: liquid lightning, elemental blockade, hardened ward, volatile familiar, twilight matriarch [atro ult]

I was still able to complete vMA flawlessly with this build on the PTS but my score was about 7k lower than Live due to the time taken up by casting hardened ward. Therefore, I think power surge would be a better move to start getting used to.
    Since everyone seems to be doing this,
    DPS Builds:
    - Magicka Sorcerer (Pet) [Flawless Conqueror @ 565CP] - 582k
    - Magicka Nightblade [Flawless Conqueror @ 780CP] - 575k
    - Stamina Sorcerer [Flawless Conqueror @ 420CP] - 560k
    - Magicka Classless [Flawless Conqueror @ 810CP] - 540k
    - Magicka Templar [Stormproof] - 550k
    - Magicka Warden [Stormproof] - 510k
    - Stamina Templar [In Development]
    - Stamina DK [In Development]
    - Stamina NB [Under 50]
  • Stanx
    Stanx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stanx wrote: »

Yes, i'll be keeping my build the same besides that change. I currently run the following:
    Front bar: Daedric prey, volatile familiar, bound aegis, inner light, twilight matriarch, [destro ult]
    Back bar: liquid lightning, elemental blockade, hardened ward, volatile familiar, twilight matriarch [atro ult]

I was still able to complete vMA flawlessly with this build on the PTS but my score was about 7k lower than Live due to the time taken up by casting hardened ward. Therefore, I think power surge would be a better move to start getting used to.

Nice, I guess you weave in heavy attacks instead of using a spammable?

May give that build a go!