The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

price of housing items

rumple9
rumple9
✭✭✭✭✭
Will go through the roof on trade posts if everyone gets the free summerfall house demand will be so high for people kitting out their new pads
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ll make bank
  • Grayfax
    Grayfax
    ✭✭✭
    Ooof... wasn't even thinking about that. I was planning on buying this one furnished. That would be a huge empty palace without anything in it.
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +more people buying crown furnishings with them tapping into the former non-house-buyers
  • NoTimeToWait
    NoTimeToWait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rumple9 wrote: »
    Will go through the roof on trade posts if everyone gets the free summerfall house demand will be so high for people kitting out their new pads

Not many people have enough gold to furnish this house (especially with Alinor furniture). If we consider average gold spent on furniture is around 2500g per item, then furnishing notable house will cost at least 800k (1.6 mil for ESO+) and up to 4 mil if you want to furnish it with Alinor furniture. There will be rise in prices, but what is really going to go up in price is furnishing mats.

And because of the cost (few people can shell out a couple of millions in a single file) the overall spendings would be spread over time, so we will see gradual rise, unless speculators join in and buy all mats (which, I think is already happening).

I wonder, if more people will start selling crowns for gold just to be able to afford furnishing the manor...
    Edited by NoTimeToWait on September 20, 2018 9:31AM
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'll be slowly decorating this one, as I craft my own furniture. I have all but 9 of the Alinor plans, and of the ones I don't have, it's the bench that I'd probably have to buy from other players. But, I never rush in decorating a home, so I'll probably just wait until I find the plan or the RNG documents are introduced (hopefully, they will be).

Also, the Alinor furnishing plans may begin to sell again. While some on XB NA have overpriced their plans after the vault nerf, many others have priced them at or below the pre-nerf prices, since many, like me, are still looking and waiting for good deals and not in a rush to spend 800K on one plan. Plus, there was really only one Alinor home to decorate, the Townhouse. I don't think the grotto really counts since most of it is ruins, and the ship can be decorated in any style.

But, now with the Villa, there will be more players interested in Alinor plans/furnishings. Although, many decorators are eclectic or just prefer Redguard for everything.
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hmm, never speculate on the outcome of your poultry enterprise before the final realisation of its material output!
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.