The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

Champion of the Hist (Heavy) Set

Yngol
Yngol
✭✭✭
Champion of the Hist (Heavy)
2: Weapon Damage
3: Max Stamina
4: Max Stamina
5: Gain Minor Heroism at all times while you are in combat, generating 1 Ultimate every 1.5 seconds.

The 5-piece bonus of this set already exists Zos.

Shalk Exoskeleton Set

(2 items) Adds 1206 Max Health
(3 items) Adds 129 Spell Damage
(4 items) Adds 833 Spell Critical
(5 items) Gain Minor Heroism at all times while in combat, generating 1 Ultimate every 1.5 seconds.

To my knowledge, no two 5set bonuses are identical. Please don't let this be the first one, it would set an awful precedent :(

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_RichLambert
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yngol wrote: »
    5: Gain Minor Heroism at all times while you are in combat, generating 1 Ultimate every 1.5 seconds.

Shalk Exoskeleton Set

(5 items) Gain Minor Heroism at all times while in combat, generating 1 Ultimate every 1.5 seconds.

To my knowledge, no two 5set bonuses are identical. Please don't let this be the first one, it would set an awful precedent :(

Champion of hist is designed for stam pvp heavy armor setup, its 1st and 3rd piece bonus are way more better than shalk set
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on September 17, 2018 5:35PM
  • Sleep724
    Sleep724
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its for the stam users who wanted the 5 piece I'm guessing.
  • Yngol
    Yngol
    ✭✭✭
    My point still stands though. No 2 sets have the same 5piece bonus other than certain trial sets. Is this really such a largely requested set that it would be afforded a status of War Machine and Master Architect? :dizzy: Not to mention that minor heroism is more readily avaliable to stamina characters through heroic slash.
  • Hibernato
    Hibernato
    ✭✭✭
    pls delete this set too then :s:s:'(

Murkmire Dropped Sets
    Bright-Throat’s Boast (Light)
    2: Max Magicka
    3: Max Magicka
    4: Magicka Recovery
    5: While you have a drink buff active, your Max Magicka is increased by 2000 and Magicka Recovery 150.

this reminds me of bonepirate too much :/:/:#
    Edited by Hibernato on September 17, 2018 6:05PM
  • Yngol
    Yngol
    ✭✭✭
    Hibernato wrote: »

Murkmire Dropped Sets
    5: While you have a drink buff active, your Max Magicka is increased by 2000 and Magicka Recovery 150.

The 5piece is not the same as bone pirate..... It's just the magicka equivalent of it.. whereas in the case of the sets I mentioned they are identical 5piece bonuses :smile:
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Murkmire Dropped Sets

This is one of best wanted set for magicka!
  • Hibernato
    Hibernato
    ✭✭✭

Murkmire Dropped Sets

The 5piece is not the same as bone pirate..... It's just the magicka equivalent of it.. whereas in the case of the sets I mentioned they are identical 5piece bonuses :smile:

and the one in your op is the stamina equivalent :)

no stamina user will use shalk :)

:):):)

@Lord_Dexter It was sarcasm i was poking fun at how silly OP is
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Shalk Exoskeleton Set

War Machine + Master Architect

One mag, one stam. This has precedent
    Valrien Dravic -- Level 50 Dunmeri Sorcerer (EP)
    Garahel Dravic -- Level 50 Bosmeri Nightblade (EP)
    Tamriel Unlimited was a mistake. One Tamriel was a bigger mistake
  • Yngol
    Yngol
    ✭✭✭
    Valrien wrote: »

Shalk Exoskeleton Set

If you read my follow-up, I mentioned those :D let me quote: o 2 sets have the same 5piece bonus other than certain trial sets. Is this really such a largely requested set that it would be afforded a status of War Machine and Master Architect?
  • Yngol
    Yngol
    ✭✭✭

Murkmire Dropped Sets

No, it's not, because the 5pc is IDENTICAL, not the stamina equivalent :sweat: I'm not saying that the 2-4 piece bonuses are not different :smile:
    Edited by Yngol on September 17, 2018 6:33PM
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Murkmire Dropped Sets

No, it's not, because the 5pc is IDENTICAL, not the stamina equivalent :sweat: I'm not saying that the 2-4 piece bonuses are not different :smile:

They are identical because ultimate generation is identical between mag and stam builds. If there was "magicka ult" and "stamina ult" then you would see a difference here as well. The intent is clear, to provide parity between mag/stam when it comes to these sets.
  • Yngol
    Yngol
    ✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »

Murkmire Dropped Sets

They are identical because ultimate generation is identical between mag and stam builds. If there was "magicka ult" and "stamina ult" then you would see a difference here as well. The intent is clear, to provide parity between mag/stam when it comes to these sets.

That is fair enough, but minor heroism is already more accessible to stamina specs. In fact, the only two skils that grant it (heroic slash and carve) are stamina skills. This new set's bonuses are also a lot better than shalks, by the way. So in the spirit of equality, maybe the bonuses should be

(3 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    (4 items) Adds 833 Weapon Critical
    Edited by Yngol on September 17, 2018 6:53PM
  • Vrany69
    Vrany69
    ✭✭✭
    WTF ZOS AGAIN, WHO IS WORKING ON THESE SETS I AM SO MAD ABOUT THE SETS
  • JAwtunes
    JAwtunes
    ✭✭✭✭
    I guess another example in the notes is:
    Battlefield Acrobat (Medium) - 5: Reduces the cost of all your abilities by 6%.
    Robes of Alteration Mastery - 5: Reduces the cost of all of your abilities by 6%.

I'm not too fussed either way tbh, and when I read this I forgave everything that came before it in the notes:
    "Decreased the effectiveness of poisons that increase Magicka and Stamina costs to a 10% cost increase, previously 30%"

• sneakymitchell
    sneakymitchell
    ✭✭✭✭
    JAwtunes wrote: »
    Robes of Alteration Mastery - 5: Reduces the cost of all of your abilities by 6%.

I'm not too fussed either way tbh, and when I read this I forgave everything that came before it in the notes:
    "Decreased the effectiveness of poisons that increase Magicka and Stamina costs to a 10% cost increase, previously 30%"

Does the sets effect on the cost reduction on ultimates as well? Since they are considered “abilities” with ultimate in them.
    NA-Xbox one- Ebonheart Pact- Nord Tank DK
    PC-NA Ebonheart Pact Nord Stam Templar
  • Ladislao
    Ladislao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JAwtunes wrote: »

Does the sets effect on the cost reduction on ultimates as well? Since they are considered “abilities” with ultimate in them.

It does. Also they reduce block cost, dodge roll cost, etc. Any resource consumption actually.
    Everything is viable
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I understand the post, but I'm not following on the concern.

How exactly is this a bad precedent? We have gear with identical 5pc's, inverted 5pcs, hybrid gear. I'm not exactly sure why this is something the be concerned about.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My point still stands though. No 2 sets have the same 5piece bonus other than certain trial sets. Is this really such a largely requested set that it would be afforded a status of War Machine and Master Architect? :dizzy: Not to mention that minor heroism is more readily avaliable to stamina characters through heroic slash.

Julianos and Hundings are identical in terms of their effect on the wearer's build. Nobody is complaining.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d prefer focusing on the problems we already have instead of artificially creating new ones.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thats technically wrong. Plaquedocktor and Brass are basically the same too. And there is a set that does the same to magica, i just cant remember the name atm.

Every stam build who wants to try a ulti build waited for this set.

• Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    I’d prefer focusing on the problems we already have instead of artificially creating new ones.

This. Maybe OP would like to have more powerful stamina set, something that would suit his build more ;)
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Though this set's 5pc is really redundant for stam as they have easy access to it with Heroic Slash. Given the armor weight, this is a tank set supposedly?
    Edited by IZZEFlameLash on October 11, 2018 7:17AM
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Though this set's 5pc is really redundant for stam as they have easy access to it with Heroic Slash.

Not every stam char wants to run S&B.

Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Though this set's 5pc is really redundant for stam as they have easy access to it with Heroic Slash.

The meta says they do on the back bar at least. Tbh, no real reason not to run S/B and Heroic Slash because it also grants Minor Maim and snare.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The meta says they do on the back bar at least. Tbh, no real reason not to run S/B and Heroic Slash because it also grants Minor Maim and snare.

The meta as far as I know is DW/2H because fast people run away instead of blocking. Might change next patch, but S&B is nowhere as dominant as it was some time ago.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To my knowledge, no two 5set bonuses are identical. Please don't let this be the first one, it would set an awful precedent

It seems to be splitting hairs being that the rest of the set is clearly designed differently.

Considering Julianos is specifically designed as a magicka version of Hundings rage the new set seems to be appropriate.

Shalk Exoskeleton Set

If you read my follow-up, I mentioned those :D let me quote: o 2 sets have the same 5piece bonus other than certain trial sets. Is this really such a largely requested set that it would be afforded a status of War Machine and Master Architect?

Again, splitting hairs by eliminating the other pair of sets that do. This totally refutes your argument.
    Edited by idk on October 11, 2018 7:37AM
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The meta as far as I know is DW/2H because fast people run away instead of blocking. Might change next patch, but S&B is nowhere as dominant as it was some time ago.

Eh maybe, I guess I am also against this set's other bonuses in regards to bleed meta. Too offensive oriented for a HA set. Now bleed builds can Incap/DBoS slightly faster with this set on top of retaining damage unlike magicka counterpart of this set which are like bad bonuses.
  • Yngol
    Yngol
    ✭✭✭

Julianos and Hundings are identical in terms of their effect on the wearer's build. Nobody is complaining.

It's not; one is spell damage and the other one is weapon damage. So not identical 5pc bonuses
  • Yngol
    Yngol
    ✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »

This. Maybe OP would like to have more powerful stamina set, something that would suit his build more ;)

I'm not a stam player, but yes! I'd like more interesting sets, not rehashes of sets that already exist in the game :disappointed:
  • Yngol
    Yngol
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    To my knowledge, no two 5set bonuses are identical. Please don't let this be the first one, it would set an awful precedent

It seems to be splitting hairs being that the rest of the set is clearly designed differently.

Considering Julianos is specifically designed as a magicka version of Hundings rage the new set seems to be appropriate.

Shalk Exoskeleton Set

Again, splitting hairs by eliminating the other pair of sets that do. This totally refutes your argument.

I never "ignored" the sets that do that. But as I said, is a minor heroism set really on the same level of wantedness as a trial set? :smiley: